What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
FN are being very co-operative on price and manufacturing, it is being increasingly likely that they are going to win the tender. Unless the Italians can swoop in with a better offer.

Initially 80,000 rifles will be purchased and will go to SSG, LCB, Infantry regiments, and then will go to the rest of the Army.

There us also very strong likelihood that the Navy and Airforce will take it up. The SSW have taken it up.

Also the Army is VERY interested in the MinimI 7.62, sights and scopes are also being bought.

What Minimi offer better then other similar weapons?

What Minimi offer better then other similar weapons?

Hi bro hope you are well, right the MG aka the Rani, is used as "supressing" fire.

The MinimI is lightweight compared to MG3, easily carried by a Jawaan. it is also ergonomic, with all the modern picatinny rails for holding sights, scopes.

It is a most for modern warfare, imagine you are being helicopter dropped, it would the best.

Hi bro hope you are well, right the MG aka the Rani, is used as "supressing" fire.

The MinimI is lightweight compared to MG3, easily carried by a Jawaan. it is also ergonomic, with all the modern picatinny rails for holding sights, scopes.

It is a most for modern warfare, imagine you are being helicopter dropped, it would the best.

I asked comparison with competitor gun in market not with the one it may replace.

The belgians weren't really enthusiastic about the Minimi compared to the older MAGs,not sure that a part from being more modern,it's a +.
The french army even prefered to go with the MAG58.

mag5.jpg

Also on armored vehicles.

m8.jpg

is it feasible to go from a non-disintegrating link machine gun to a disintegrating link machine gun?

is it feasible to go from a non-disintegrating link machine gun to a disintegrating link machine gun?

It's possible

I think that the fact that advanced sights and scopes are coming in already. And the platoon and section being "networked" is already revolutionary.

Seen some of the systems "future warrior" may even be introduced in IDEAS 2016. Fingers crossed, depends if they are happy with the progress to show it.

It's possible

I think that the fact that advanced sights and scopes are coming in already. And the platoon and section being "networked" is already revolutionary.

Seen some of the systems "future warrior" may even be introduced in IDEAS 2016. Fingers crossed, depends if they are happy with the progress to show it.
Are you suggesting that Pakistan is running its future soldier program without revealing it ?

SCAR performed better than compared to other assault rifles that doesn't mean that other can't meet the the certain standards which are set but still SCAR was better in performance as compared to other rifles so every other gun who has contacts in Army has said this. Yes I know about the basic point but if you are conducting trials and the Rifle which performs best but you don't induct it than I am sorry the soldiers who know about the trials and the results won't be that happy if you go for 2nd best.
For the last time dear, and then i am out!!!

There are no firsts and seconds!!! There are pass and fails!! There are guns that meet all your parameters, guns that meet some of them and guns that do not meet any. So if something that meets some of your parameters over the one that meets all of them, then yes, i feel sorry for soldier as well. However if you are choosing between two guns that have BOTH met all your required parameters then it will all come down to the business proposal and the more lucrative offer.

If that still do not make you understand the process perhaps you should sit with those "links" and try to understand the process with them.

For the last time dear, and then i am out!!!

There are no firsts and seconds!!! There are pass and fails!! There are guns that meet all your parameters, guns that meet some of them and guns that do not meet any. So if something that meets some of your parameters over the one that meets all of them, then yes, i feel sorry for soldier as well. However if you are choosing between two guns that have BOTH met all your required parameters then it will all come down to the business proposal and the more lucrative offer.

If that still do not make you understand the process perhaps you should sit with those "links" and try to understand the process with them.
Yes there are pass and fails but in all those pass not are of same standard some are clearly ahead as compared to others.That is where SCAR was the best in trials. I have checked with different military sources. Same happens in failures yes some are most miserable Rifles but some only disappoint you at few para meters still you consider them fail. Secondly all the senior members like Horus and Rafi and others and the people I asked to contact in military area suggesting that by every passing day it's getting more likely that SCAR would win.

Back
Top Bottom