What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
tumblr_nsnwy0BkAY1syxw5fo1_500.jpg

1bd3695f6efe7a27ac1dc8086e31a33607a1f7a6dfd52594b2b9f2f56929d203_1.jpg

bc433bab4dc9c4b261097100d1d415e3.jpg
are you aware of any SCAR leaks?

The Lyra 'Combat Bulletproof Jacket' was adopted quite widely, I've seen photos of those in use all throughout Zarb-e-Azb. SPC may be a little riskier to push due to the ergonomic profile, but the combat shirt units - i.e. SOF and LCB - would adopt it, they're already sporting the right fatigues.
As a standard issue you think? For all personal? That is what i am not so sure about otherwise i do agree that carrier is a good one and will suite us perfectly.

Have been watching a new BPJ in large numbers lately
image.jpg
image (1).jpg
image (2).jpg

Some more shown at IDEAS 2016... Unfortunatly nobody took the pain to get more pics or info.
https://defence.pk/threads/bullet-p...ads-in-use-of-army.383781/page-5#post-7408499

leaks about the new rifle selection?
No news yet Sir. I am hoping that Mr @Horus would give us the good news soon and hopefully it would be SCAR but personally we would definately hear about the winner at IDEAS 2016 this what I am thinking. This year IDEAS 2016 we can see signing of major deals. I don't have news but my 6th sense suggests that

There's nothing new or top of the line about those vests. They may not even be BPJ unless they are interceptor style side inserts in the front and top inserts in the back. People see MOLLE and think bulletproof. It's just a tacvest people.

But not having a bpj is fine for a scouting party/sniper team. too much weight and you need other equipment.

I think if some one can get information about which Rifle is selected before IDEAS 2016 that would be appreciated because it's clear that IDEAS would be used to reveal the winner so which one is it ?

I think if some one can get information about which Rifle is selected before IDEAS 2016 that would be appreciated because it's clear that IDEAS would be used to reveal the winner so which one is it ?
While I can't say for certain, it is increasingly looking like the Italians have the upper hand. Keep in mind, the SCAR may have done better than the ARX in the trials, but from what I can tell, the difference was so close that it was negligible at best. The Beretta offer will likely be better than the FN offer; from price point to ToT, as the Italians seem to be going all in; whereas FN seems to still be doing a poor job of justifying the price point of their rifle. Pakistan may have calculated that they can "afford to buy the best", that does NOT mean that PA wants to spend a huge amount of money on a rifle that only barely beats out the competitions, all of whom are offering far cheaper price points.

I don't know whether or not a clear winner will be announced by IDEAS (though the chances are high), but we may get an indication of how the negotiations are going.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Arsalan @Irfan Baloch

Backdoor policy A big chance ....mark my words....
Your words are marked.

While I can't say for certain, it is increasingly looking like the Italians have the upper hand. Keep in mind, the SCAR may have done better than the ARX in the trials, but from what I can tell, the difference was so close that it was negligible at best.
Actually it havent. From what i have been told, three guns met the required specifications. You know as well i do that such trials are not like a horse race. (though it is being presented as one by few from a few months now)

Some parameters were set, few specific details were mentioned regarding what we are looking in the new gun, some requirments and features that PA would want. Weight, accuracy, power and reliability for example. Now all guns were tested on all these parameters and 3 guns made it through and checked all boxes with two being slightly better and thus given a priority. Third also not ruled out. Others were dropped alltogether. This is what makes sense as well. I mean, unlike the fanboy stuff, we know that while selecting a tank we wont select the one that runs fastest or shoots the longest distance. Rather we wil ask for a required speed and a required firing range and see what options suite us. Same is happening here and that is why i have been trying my level best to hold back people from claiming that xyz is confirmed as selected and have out classes everything else. That is NOT how the trials were being conducted for crying out loud. What more can i add without breaking a few promises. :lol:

Anyway, now among these three which are most probable down to two, it will be all about business proposal, again, as i have been trying to tell. Italians have a upper hand as they are likely to come with better proposal (consider the POF upgradation work as well) but the PA is damn serious about this one and will not just fall for that proposal and will likely discuss that with FN too. A negotiation process!!! They better option will win.

The Beretta offer will likely be better than the FN offer; from price point to ToT, as the Italians seem to be going all in; whereas FN seems to still be doing a poor job of justifying the price point of their rifle. Pakistan may have calculated that they can "afford to buy the best", that does NOT mean that PA wants to spend a huge amount of money on a rifle that only barely beats out the competitions, all of whom are offering far cheaper price points.

I don't know whether or not a clear winner will be announced by IDEAS (though the chances are high), but we may get an indication of how the negotiations are going.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Arsalan @Irfan Baloch
IDEAS might not announce a clear name but you never know. Things can change in blink of an eye in such cases. All it will take is a business offer we cannot refuse!!!:tup::)

BTW, Thanks for tagging me. You gave me a chance to try again and say all this once more.

Also i will again point out that though the deal, when announced will mention "guns for whole army" but that is not what the procurement plan is. It will be a step by step and a gradual process and there might be some changes (unlikely to be more than upgrades/modifications but who knows) once the first batch are taken to the field. :(

Back
Top Bottom