What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
CZ-806 BREN-2 assault rifle (Czech republic)

CZ-806 BREN-2 assault rifle

Caliber

5.56x45 NATO

Action

Gas operated

Length, mm

798-750 / 570 (with 280mm barrel)

Barrellength, mm

207, 280 or 356 mm

Weight, kg

3.05 (with 280mm barrel)

Rate of fire, rounds/minute

Magazine capacity, rounds

The 5.56mm CZ-806 BREN-2 assault rifle was first introduced in 2015 as an upgraded version of the CZ-805 BREN rifle of the same caliber, which is already in service with Czech army. The CZ-806 BREN-2 rifle offers lighter weight, lower manufacturing costs and slightly better ergonomics compared to its predecessor.

The CZ-806 BREN-2 assault rifle is a gas operated, selective fire weapon. It uses short stroke gas piston and rotary bolt locking system. Barrels are quick-detachable and are available in different lengths (and possibly in different calibers as well). Upper receiver is made from aluminum alloy, lower receiver with integrated pistol grip and magazine housing is made from polymer. Sighting equipment and accessories are installed using integrated top Picatinny rail plus additional bolt-on rails on the forend. Side-folding shoulder stock is made from polymer. All manual controls are ambidextrous, charging handle can be installed on either side of the gun. Safety/fire selector switch allows only 2 modes of fire – single shots and full automatic. Rifle is fed using STANAG-compatible detachable magazines.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/chex/cz06-e.html

I think scar can replace type 56 and g3 as it is modular and can be used as 5.56 so 5.56 and 7.62 together in one squad of 12 would be really good with mg

Well I am hoping for the SCAR to win but if are looking for two Guns than with SCAR this Gun can be an option
Would it not be too expensive as with a new modern gun we in manufacturing we would still need like a cheaper ak i think we should for that role go for a Chinese gun as it could be cheaper than ak and improve relations too. What do you think

An upgraded variant of QBZ-03 OR THE QBZ-05 both have good upgraded variants for coun
ter terrorist ops

Would it not be too expensive as with a new modern gun we in manufacturing we would still need like a cheaper ak i think we should for that role go for a Chinese gun as it could be cheaper than ak and improve relations too. What do you think

An upgraded variant of QBZ-03 OR THE QBZ-05 both have good upgraded variants for coun
ter terrorist ops
Chinese Guns are not good . That is why we didn't even tested them

HK417A2_13_re_RAL.png

HK417 A2 | Effective and versatile
The HK417 A2 is an enhanced development of the tried-and-tested and successful HK417 universal assault rifle in calibre 7.62 mm x 51 NATO.

Available with three different barrel lengths, the gas-operated weapon allows gas adjustment without the need for tools as standard, a 40 mm interface for GLM/M320/HK269 add-on grenade launchers, a slim telescopic buttstock as well as magazine release lever and bolt catch lever on both sides. The design of the receiver, barrel interface, gas port and the bore axis alignment of the rifle have been further optimised to increase its accuracy and reliability.

The internal interaction between individual assemblies within the weapon has been perfectly streamlined to maximise the ballistic reserve of 7.62 mm x 51 NATO rounds as well as target immobilisation beyond a combat distance of 200 metres. Depending on mission, terrain conditions or threat levels, the HK417 A2 not only supplements the weapons portfolio of special forces for military and law enforcement applications, but it is also suitable for infantry operations in symmetrical or asymmetrical combat situations.
http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/products/military/assault-rifles/hk417/hk417-a2-13/overview.html

Germany is selling Patrol Ships to KSA even after all the fuss of human rights so why on earth we are not testing this Gun ? After SCAR I think this Gun is best in the world.
@Arsalan @balixd @Path-Finder @PAR 5 @kaonalpha

Not "JUST" because of this if you study the details and also a few comments in previous pages. There are plenty of other reasons too.
And what about HK 417. If Germans are still selling Patrol Ships and other weapons to KSA than I don't think that they would have any problem selling us so why are we not testing HK 417. I have some serious questions on these Gun trials taking place.
@balixd @F.O.X @Icarus @kaonalpha

And what about HK 417. If Germans are still selling Patrol Ships and other weapons to KSA than I don't think that they would have any problem selling us so why are we not testing HK 417. I have some serious questions on these Gun trials taking place.
@balixd @F.O.X @Icarus @kaonalpha
Arabs are filthy rich and float on oil dear. You cant compare yourself with them. They are good friends with US, EU and even Israel and still be the leader of Muslim umaa when required. DIPLOMACY!! Something we suck at!

HK417 will be a good choice if we opt for it but we haven't. Sad.

Lets see what happens, CZ will be an impressive options, SCAR too. Anyone of these three guns will make me real happy specially if we manage to sign and detailed deal covering wider aspects than merely getting home production for our own army. Export permission, trading partner or parts suppliers, anything will be massive and is more likely to be offered with CZ and HK417 (we are not currently really looking at this). As i have mentioned on numerous occasion, the decision will go beyond judging the performance. Performance will just be one of the parameters we are going to base our decision on.

Also do not take that other thing i have been saying too lightly. Getting a batch of guns and then holding back for some time to see how they perform may well be the case. The idea behind this approach remains the one of an indigenous gun. There still is some support for this idea and we may see that happen. It will be good but if we can just get export permission for any of the three above mentioned guns then there won’t be much need to invest on making a new one for our self. Just go with one of these and launch a “P” version as we usually do.

Arabs are filthy rich and float on oil dear. You cant compare yourself with them. They are good friends with US, EU and even Israel and still be the leader of Muslim umaa when required. DIPLOMACY!! Something we suck at!

HK417 will be a good choice if we opt for it but we haven't. Sad.

Lets see what happens, CZ will be an impressive options, SCAR too. Anyone of these three guns will make me real happy specially if we manage to sign and detailed deal covering wider aspects than merely getting home production for our own army. Export permission, trading partner or parts suppliers, anything will be massive and is more likely to be offered with CZ and HK417 (we are not currently really looking at this). As i have mentioned on numerous occasion, the decision will go beyond judging the performance. Performance will just be one of the parameters we are going to base our decision on.

Also do not take that other thing i have been saying too lightly. Getting a batch of guns and then holding back for some time to see how they perform may well be the case. The idea behind this approach remains the one of an indigenous gun. There still is some support for this idea and we may see that happen. It will be good but if we can just get export permission for any of the three above mentioned guns then there won’t be much need to invest on making a new one for our self. Just go with one of these and launch a “P” version as we usually do.
Yes I know they are filthy rich but we are testing FN SCAR so we have the money to buy weapons so the question is why not test HK-417 when we are already using HK product G3. Even your post suggest that you are confused that why on earth we are not testing HK-417. @balixd or @F.O.X should answer this

Yes I know they are filthy rich but we are testing FN SCAR so we have the money to buy weapons so the question is why not test HK-417 when we are already using HK product G3. Even your post suggest that you are confused that why on earth we are not testing HK-417. @balixd or @F.O.X should answer this
Lolz, sure i am confused why we are not deal with HK as we have had good work relation with them already. The only reason that may come to mind is that the relations was perhaps not that "good". Such things do not make it to public forums.
By comparing with the oil guys, i was just pointing you to the fact that we are not that rich. Have we got funds for SCAR or not or all that is a different debate. The point simply is that we are not that rich and we cannot cite that since the Arabs are getting that so we should also. The point i am trying to convey is that they are filthy rich and have much more to offer then a deal for HK417s alone. When you look at the broader picture you will realize where we stand compared to them when it comes to spendings. It is not just about one deal, it is the potential that may make people look the other way.

The last point of post was about the procurement road map and the future ideas.

I hope you understand this break up now :)

Why isn't 5.56 lethal enough for us I personally have used M4 and it seems like no recoil or firing an air gun

Why isn't 5.56 lethal enough for us I personally have used M4 and it seems like no recoil or firing an air gun
Well because it's not as lethal as 7.62 X 51. Secondly 5.56 was adopted by Europe and NATO and USA so they can injure the enemy and because of that enemy soldiers will have to carry their partner. But now even Europe is switching back to 7.62 X 51 caliber because they have realized that better you kill the enemy instead of just injuring.

Back
Top Bottom