What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
I'm not well connected with people in the Army, but if I had to guess, I think there's recognition among some of the value of embracing the AR-15, and then developing it up into something like the MKEK MPT-76. Remember, the AR-15 is a very common and widely embraced platform, you're not going to suffer from a lack of economies of scale and expertise, especially designers, engineers, etc, who know how to turn that platform into something.
About that, i think it is just like different people we can get to talk to have different preferences and choice. Thankfully the guns are going through a lengthy selection process and the performance trails are an important part of that evaluation process so i hope we will chose what is best for the military.

On the other hand, the pendulum could swing the other way too ... imagine if CZ comes up and says, "pick up the BREN, and we will hook you up as our preferred vendor in our global supply chain." Remember, while some want to have a homegrown rifle, others also want to see positive foreign exchange in-flows and success in the global arms market. So yes, we could design a nice rifle based on the AR-15, but on the other hand, the AR-15's cost benefits come as a result of a vibrant and competitive supplier base. The CZ might be pricey for us to buy, but we'd also be making money (and generating jobs) by exporting its parts, and who knows, if we made the right decision, 10-15 years from now our market could grow, and we'd have early entrant advantage.
Now that "preferred vendor" thing will be a breakthrough and blow every other option.

The thing with the domestic design, that i was actually not told about very clearly for obvious reasons, was that with our intention to buy and the worlds willingness to supply, it is being looked at as a breakthrough! Again, get a fe thousand gun selected in the process, manufacture them here and then use that to either build something for yourself or make any necessary modification. Those initial 10-12k wont be the only guns of the selected type and some more may well be made after operational use and performance analysis spread over a few years, however that number may not be as big as " replacement for whole army".

Frankly, despite all those discussion and details all we can do right now is speculate.

I am telling you Pakistan is not in mood of designing a new Assault Rifle. We are going test and from those tested and select one or two of them

Many pages on Facebook related to Army are breaking news that FN SCAR has been approved and selected for Armed Forces. @Arsalan @Quwa @Wolfhound @Tipu7
And there are people who would say that Wikipedia is not reliable!

About that, i think it is just like different people we can get to talk to have different preferences and choice. Thankfully the guns are going through a lengthy selection process and the performance trails are an important part of that evaluation process so i hope we will chose what is best for the military.

Now that "preferred vendor" thing will be a breakthrough and blow every other option.

The thing with the domestic design, that i was actually not told about very clearly for obvious reasons, was that with our intention to buy and the worlds willingness to supply, it is being looked at as a breakthrough! Again, get a fe thousand gun selected in the process, manufacture them here and then use that to either build something for yourself or make any necessary modification. Those initial 10-12k wont be the only guns of the selected type and some more may well be made after operational use and performance analysis spread over a few years, however that number may not be as big as " replacement for whole army".

Frankly, despite all those discussion and details all we can do right now is speculate.

And there are people who would say that Wikipedia is not reliable!
Their was no news of new Gun on social media but all of a sudden today several pages are discussing FN SCAR

is this FN-SCAR-H ?

combat_assault_rifle_fn_scar-h_3d_model_c4d_max__672663a1-5a88-4b6d-98ff-277b6c7a1b8d.jpg
combat_assault_rifle_fn_scar-h_3d_model_c4d_max__a920b059-281e-4492-abd3-d0bbc4796862.jpg
FB_IMG_1464084173985.jpg
scar_h_by_punkandroll-d6hy8u6.jpg

Sir they're gearing up for round 2, nothing is decided yet but the good news is that the FN Scar is on top and has had the best performance with lowest amount of stoppages in the first round.
I am not a rifle expert, but in my humble opinion, is rifle stoppage a big issue? I think time required to get rifle back to fire should be more important. What you say about it?

CZ 806 is great Gun but doesn't match SCAR in Performance.
once again hyper fanboyism demolishes any chance of a civil discussion! Have you fired either of those guns? what others say does not count!

I am not a rifle expert, but in my humble opinion, is rifle stoppage a big issue? I think time required to get rifle back to fire should be more important. What you say about it?
The current Battle rifle of pakistan the G3 is best known for its stoppage (pronounced staapage ) when you need it the most,FN-Scar H had the least stoppages till now,interestingly the AK in the competition requires the least time required to get it back from full jam to fire worthy.
fn scar reciprocating charging handle is the only major factor which is holding it back otherwise i guess it should lead the trials.

any news about zastava?

ARX 2000 or SCAR would be very expensive.

I believe that it would either be zastava or CZ Bren

Yes third picture is of FN SCAR L and others are FN SCAR H
Really?
first 3 picture are of SCAR-H and the last one is of scar L
The third is more likely to be the H because it is using the box magazine not the usual stanag magazine used for scar L.

Back
Top Bottom