What's new

Pakistan's 'secret' war in Baluchistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is however.. pertinent to note.. that a large crowd does not just gather for feudals.
THERE IS A PROBLEM.. THERE IS A NEED FOR A SOLUTION.

There is a problem. There has been neglect for the Baloch people & Balochistan on the part of all the governments since 1947. But that does NOT justify the terrorism of the Baloch nationalists, who have hijacked the genuine grievances of the Baloch people, & tried to justify their terrorism.

CM Baluchistan's views were surprising , CM Baluchistan is a racist racoon .. how dare he called non Baluch foreigners ... Zardari should fire this guy immediately

Funny thing is tht the bugger himself is a charsi his brother the biggest criminal in baluchistan and hes not even baluch but brahui...

Like I mentioned that I know someone who says that the Al Jazera team was here in Quetta back in August time last year. they stayed in Serina Hotel and he provided the transport and acted as a guide when they went to Pishin and back to Quetta where they met Haider Magsi (which has been totally removed because it was totally out of tune of the program).

about CM, my information is not first hand but all I know from someone Quetta press club, who says that he has has had a chat with someone who was present during meeting and the discussion, as usual moved to the problems in Balochistan and he was drummed into responding to some clever questioning, he was clearly agitated and could have walked away but that too would have been used against him with a sombre voice over (when we tried to ask the CM he refused to answer).

Haider Abbas Magsi mentioned Akbar Bughti’s habit of sleeping with the women of his slain opponents during the tribal wars how so many Bughtis and Mangals have been forced to seek refuge in Punjab because some guys want to kill them for seeking FC’s protection during their feuds.

Another thing..he didnt even allow the women to wear shoes because he considered them inferior... animals of some sort... if we talk about his personal life... he was a piece of crap... no wonder he expelled kalpar bugtis from their own areas and got royality of gas tht came out of their(kalpar) land...

What an 'unbiased' documentary!

With Zaidan Sahib showing one side of the story/picture, he thinks he can fool the viewers.

i'll comment in detail later,but for now i leave the readers with this thought; The height shamelessness shows out when the Baloch leaders themselves speak angraiji with a gora accent and then the presenter complains that the locals are the most improvised and underdeveloped.

Bloody hypocrites!

The only problem is that these feudal lords want to rule illiterate people who don't know their rights, these feudal don't want any schools or hospitals. they are willing to break up a country so they can rule these poor people forever.

and still waiting for Irfan bhai's opinion.

Following is my analysis of this program. I still have much to add what is not discussed in the program but I will do that later because the post is already too big and I don’t want to loose the reader.

The narrator sets the mood right at the start when he makes a sweeping statement that the Balochistan people never accepted Pakistan. It pretty much tells the watcher what to expect and stays faithful to the tone set right at the start.

Intro
The video starts with an apparent meeting with a BLA “commander” somewhere in Baluchistan which can resemble the outskirts of Loralai, Zhuzdar or Zhob so pretty much hard to pinpoint with the narrow camera span which was done intentionally otherwise the bigger mountain heights are used as landmarks and can quickly tell the location to anyone who has knowledge of the area.
The so called commander was a base line lieutenant at best not a middle or top ranking BLA commander who maintains a regal life style even in the mountains and wont stand or sit at the same level like the rest of the tribesmen.

BLA’s call to Arms
The conversation seems a bit apologetic as if pre-empting the questions and softening the views of the non Pakistanis about the violent nature of their struggle. It pretty much seemed well rehearsed and even dictated with a lot of rhetoric about Punjabi army although BLA is fighting the Frontier corps which is raised from the locals and only has officers from regular forces that can be Baloch, Sindhi, Pashton or Punjabi. While he blames the violence of the FC but another chap in Gwadar is calling his Baloch “brothers” serving in FC, police and CID to leave the services and join the freedom struggle.
Whether the Berohvis, Hazara, Magsis, Jamalis and Pashtons of Balochistan are included in this term of “brothers” remains unclear and also its unclear if the call is meant for the Bughtis and Mangals that sought refuge in Punjab and Sindh too.

The other point that gets a mention involuntarily is the fighting nature of some tribes, they will fight the foreigner and if there is no one else to fight then they will fight with each other and that’s been going on for centuries. There is nothing noble about it and it has nothing to do with the Baloch rights but just to get the kick out of the violence. The structure and organisation of BLA is slightly touched saying its kept decentralised with small autonomous groups on propose and cites the example of LTTE failure for being an organised and structured force and thus the reason to stay broken down but it has more to do with “too many chiefs” in the village syndrome. Every Baloch Chieftain is touted as the greatest gift to the land and the supreme savour of the people of Baluchistan by its supporters. Move a district away then the supreme saviour will be a Mangal now. The narrator chooses to speak himself on behalf of BLA over the question of Indian help of BLA and says that they deny it but they will welcome it if its given. That pretty much throws the argument on moral grounds when Indians themselves are accused of HR violations in dealing with insurgencies regarding in Kashmir, Khalistan and Naxalites or Adi Wasis. “enemy of my enemy” takes care of the morality part.

CM talk
I wont fault the CM Raisani here, he is clearly agitated with the type of questions that are not aired and his interview has seen a major chop but what he is saying is actually about the usual BNP’s rhetoric of favouring the non Baloch people in Balochistan in public and private sector. Nothing can be further from truth about this BNP’s claim (Baloch National Party). The domicile is guarded like a faith in Pakistan not just Balochistan and no one can vote where he is not domiciled or has an ID card registered same goes with our quota system that was devised as a relief for the backward area people so Baloch students and candidates get special seats in college/ universities all over Pakistan and also in public sector jobs. So no local jobs are taken by no Baloch for the fresh recruitments apart from the usual rotations from other part of Pakistan of the experienced staff but that is only restricted in the district capitals and provincial capital because locals are preferred due to effective communication and local knowledge.

IGFC
IGFC Salim Nawaz’s interview suffers the same fate as Raisani’s, where the part containing the animated and agitated general is chosen for the viewers to show FC as impulsive trigger happy force commanded by unstable commander who is out to kill the romantic BLA warriors who announce their freedom of expression by firing an RPG in the air when their “commander” makes an appearance. The video also shows one fighter holding something like an SA-7 meaning that BLA is resourced with MANPADs too.

Suppression? What suppression
Much deal is made out from the narrator and the fluent English speaking elites about the curb of the media and the Baloch people by the state and its agencies. Yet you see dozens of news and radio channel mics on the stages on different political gatherings and marches on roads in the main cities lead by gun totting guys with their faces hidden in the turbans. If that’s suppression then god help us when they get freedom to stretch even further.

Criminal omission & misreporting
No mention of the Pasthon & Hazara and Berohvi people. No mention about the killing of the Sindhi, Pashton and Punjabi citizens, teachers, doctors and engineers at the hands of BLA leaves much to be desired in this documentary. But then again showing that part would have been out of the line on which this program was produced. While there are heart rending scenes of the grieving relatives on a funeral but its no way to establish if indeed the dead are the result of an army operation and I even see a staged reconstruction of a “corpse” being carried to a grave whereas its most likely someone injured. Its in the end of the program and you will notice that no one is carrying any guns, there is no “signature” shouting and protesting which normally happens around the world when the culprits are either gangs or state police/ army. People with eyes and open heart will even notice an army soldier passing by in the background of the civilians and there is a silhouette of an army vehicle too at about 40 minutes of the movie which suggests that army is either facilitating or supporting this burial proceedings. An accused or a culprit will hardly be allowed anywhere near such place given that what you have seen earlier what the “peaceful” participants of the rallies are doing in the city while their masked comrades keep a vigil to ensure their “Baloch freedom“. Imagine a political rally like this in Indian held Kashmir being led by gun totting masked guys and then think what will the BSF, CRP and Indian army will do with them? Like yourself I also wonder how these guys are able to get away with this.

Also the Pakistan Navy’s flood relief is narrated as a government’s bribe to appease the angry Baloch people. Whereas those exhausted people are ever so keen and willing to get their food from the Naval helicopter that has nothing to do with appeasing the Baloch chieftains but is something that is done on continued bases during the floods season throughout Pakistan.

Danger to Demography
One of the lamest excuse made by the Baloch elite interviewed in the program regarding the armed struggle is about the so called change in demography. On one hand these guys pride themselves to be the descendents of the Arabs and Persians and claim their right of whole Balochistan but then they show resentment to other people settling in Balochistan. What do they say about Baloch who decide to settle in the other Pakistani provinces or immigrate to Middle East, Europe or Australia? Would they respect the similar sentiments of locals of those places or they don’t care? Zardari (sorry for a bad example) has Baloch roots but is settled in Sindh and so is a big chunk of Baloch population settled in Sindh, Punjab and Kyber Pakhtonkhuwa and I don’t see why not because every Pakistani citizen has the right to live anywhere in Pakistan. If these chieftains see their influence fading due to this inflow or outflow then so be it.

Yes there are grievances
There is no disagreement about the grievances. There are issues about corruption, misappropriation, mismanagement and lack of development in the province. One cant ignore these political heavies like
Khan of Kalat , Atta Ullah Mangal, Jamil Bughti & Khair Bakhsh Marri but their performance is as believable as that of Nawaz Sherif when he left the mosquito infested and flooded Lahore streets for his political address in Sindh to shed tears for the Sindhis due to recent floods. The point is that these guys themselves have played their part in sorry state of Balochistan. Khair Bakhsh even indirectly accepts the charge that development is violently opposed by the tribes that are share his views and justifies it with less than impressive record in the areas of the Magsi and Jamali tribal chieftains who are pro government. The exact meaning is that since there is not much to be shown in the areas that have no unrest so blaming us for blowing up infrastructure and killing, kidnapping people is unjustified. One might laugh at such comments but there is nothing funny about this mindset. These are the same guys who reacted very angrily over the media and NGO outcry over the killing of a group of Baloch women (sorry not by ISI, FC or Pakistan army) by the tribal law. They were stoned, beaten with batons and ***** of the guns and then buried half dead in a combined grave.
The anger of these chieftains was over the national media which was “making a big deal” out of it although it was just a tribal custom and one of them even explained that the women were shot dead before being buried so there was no cause for alarm. For record the women were killed for deifying the Tribal elders and marrying according to their free will. They were abducted, brought to the tribal elders, humiliated and then beaten senseless and buried while they were still alive.
This is just a taster for my Indian friends who become emotional over the death of BLA terrorists at the hands of FC.

One thing that is worth mentioning is that these interviewed chieftains are real survivors and think and plan ahead. They live a very long life and let their less important lieutenants and supporters to lay their lives for the cause. When the life expectancy of an average Baloch tribesman is hardly 30 it’s astonishing to see these guys in their 70s and still going strong. Most of them have attained the leadership after having their rivals killed. Akbar Bughti was the only chieftain who was killed by FC. Some of his sons, grandsons and brothers were killed in the intra tribal disputes. Only the most cunning and smart ones make it to the top and those who do can be Chief ministers and overseers of the province at one time and leading a rebellion and firing hundreds of rockets on cities and power stations on another time.

Damned either way
The narrator mourns the lack of infrastructure and basic facilities and shows the poor people on the roads and ground dotted with dirt and garbage but then questions the motives of development of Gawader port. While it has alleviated the poverty and unemployment of the area, the program chooses to interview a Makrani fisherman who is complaining about the lack of opportunities in this development. Sadly I can only see him doing the menial labour due to his lack of education and skills in construction and dismiss his claim that the educated locals are also loosing out because I doubt that he has any figures or analysis to prove that. Its like deciding to hate someone and criticise somebody’s book without even reading it just because some other people have written blogs and commented criticising the book and the writer. So the this chap has the same problem. He will join a march because “the word in the town” is that the outsiders are taking the jobs of the locals so lets destroy something, oh look unofficial or NGO vehicle, lets wreck it and beat-up its foreign driver. Oh wait the driver is local… “damn “.

International Dimensions
Regarding the motive of the development, the narrator says that its being done to assist China and possibly Russia to set foot in the lucrative and strategically very important sea route in this region. It does show retired generals like Aslam Baig and Gen Hamid Gul who say that the reasons for the unrest here have international roots that have much to do with US led Western block vs. Sino-Russian bid to make a mark here. And naturally in order to achieve that global powers will seek neighbouring countries who are willing to assist in such American designs that not only gives them a chance to spread their influence but also cause harm to their rival country.

Its worth mentioning the insurgency in Iran as well which is also being supported by Americans on the age old moral of “enemy of my enemy is my friend” but for its WoT war “ally” its an insurance policy to keep it in line. the bottom line is "natural resources" and the trade route. is the cause and reason of the conflict and will only get worse if Balochistan is used as a ground for American proxy war against China and Russia.

if they want to save pakistan, please withdraw army from balochistan fatam KP and any other place, to make pakistan peaceful

Sri Lanka did that with the LTTE pretty well. As soon as India stopped supporting the LTTE terrorists like they had done for about three decades, the insurgency started to die down. It is difficult for an insurgency to survive without external support.

Baloch Sarmachars are NOT insurgents, it is indigenous... however, I do agree that without external support oppressed have little hope against mighty oppressors !!

Baloch Sarmachars are NOT insurgents, it is indigenous... however, I do agree that without external support oppressed have little hope against mighty oppressors !!

Let's see whether you will support those so called "samachars" if God forbid they fire a few rockets on 23 march PTI jalsa. :)

The moral 'disintegrity' & intellectual dishonesty of some Imran Khan supporters never ceases to amaze me. I can talk about the internal situation of Balochistan in great detail, having read the in depth reports from various independent think tanks & other sources, but Irfan bhai & some other members have already discussed some of the things here. And Mr "Leader", please read Post # 33 as well. It's time Imran Khan supporters (& supporters of other Pakistani parties) put Pakistan first, & show loyalty to this country before their individual parties.

Following is my analysis of this program. I still have much to add what is not discussed in the program but I will do that later because the post is already too big and I don’t want to loose the reader.

Amazing post! I have subscribed the thread and eagerly await further posts from you. I am also sending your post link to my friends.

The moral 'disintegrity' & intellectual dishonesty of some Imran Khan supporters never ceases to amaze me. I can talk about the internal situation of Balochistan in great detail, reading the internal reports from various independent think tanks & other sources, but Irfan bhai & some other members have already discussed some of the things here. And Mr "Leader", please read Post # 33 as well. It's time Imran Khan supporters (& supporters of other Pakistani parties) put Pakistan first, & show loyalty to this country before their individual parties.

Bilal the fact is Imran is supported by all factions of the society. Whether it is liberals or the maulanas people belonging to both factions support Imran and PTI in good numbers. Hence you see such type of "moral 'disintegrity' & intellectual dishonesty" in some PTI supporters. But the fact is Imran himself doesn't endorse any such views. He wants to become a national leader of Pakistan wants to make PTI a national party. Hence the official PTI stance is that they oppose any form of violence for whatever reason in Pakistan. PTI always puts Pakistan before anything and Karachi jalsa was a testimony to that. "Leader" seems to be among those people who consider Imran to be the only and last hope for Pakistan and might even go for violent revolution if God forbid he fails. I am a PTI supporter and I don't agree with such views and also believe if it won't be Imran then it would be someone else who would take Pakistan to it's destiny.

Let's see whether you will support those so called "samachars" if God forbid they fire a few rockets on 23 march PTI jalsa. :)

I dont support militancy or military operations...

India supported the LTTE in the midd 70s, but it supported the terrorism from the Tamil Students Movement before that in 1970, & also the TELO, TULF & TNF terror groups. In 1987, Indian aircrafts also violated Sri Lankan airspace by dropping relief supplies to Tamil terrorists in Jaffna. Even till the 90s, till Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated by a Tamil suicide bomber trained by India, there was support for the LTTE. Anyways, it doesn't matter whether you supported Tamil terrorists for two decades or three, neither is this thread about them, so let's just steer clear of that. Thanks.

Ok so lets drop the LTTE issue, coz we will say the relief material was dropped on humanitarian ground. Coming to Balochistan..

Problem: Once I was listening to Nazam Sethi, He said " When pakistan was founded, distribution of power and resources was assured to balochistan. But Mr bhutto wanted to make a strong center state with Punjab as epicenter and Urdu as national language. Baloch and bengali felt betrayed". It was the first time when balochi leader raise there voice.

Bhutto used guns to silence them. They lost bangladesh. Since Iran and Afghanistan didn't support balochistan, Balochistan was fail to get independence.

Solution:
Administrative: More provincial autonomy to Balochistan. Something like Article 370 in Balochistan will help ppl of balochistan to trust on pakistan. decentralisation of power (in terms of local governance, like panchayati raj)
Social: Giving more participation in social group, giving reservation.
Economic: Providing Job thru reservation, and many more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom