What's new

Pakistan's president tells Palin she's 'gorgeous'

it seems that if the republicans win, Palin will be favourably disposed towards pakistan :whistle:

Threads merged and moved to General Images and Multimedia Section.

This cheapster that has been elected by the votes of our 10 million public ..... If it weren't for the cameras, he might have been his usual play boy !

Now where are those, usual hue & cry critics, that accused Shaukat Aziz of charming Condi Rice ?????

Ok big guys time to be honest...

Masturbieren mit Sarah Palin

The article is in German as you see it from the title, which is of course very obvious; don't panic and don't keep guessing about 'mit' which means 'with'.
I'm not going to translate the article and probably neither will you do it, there is a video at the end just play it till end and then wonder about Zardari.

Sweet dreams.

:usflag::smitten::pakistan:

Ok big guys time to be honest...

Masturbieren mit Sarah Palin

The article is in German as you see it from the title, which is of course very obvious; don't panic and don't keep guessing about 'mit' which means 'with'.
I'm not going to translate the article and probably neither will you do it, there is a video at the end just play it till end and then wonder about Zardari.

Sweet dreams.

:usflag::smitten::pakistan:

hahahaha:partay::oops:

Zardari shocker: Sexist remark on Palin
Friday, September 26, 2008 at 5:09 am Under World News

http://www.apakistannews.com/zardari-shocker-sexist-remark-on-palin-82867
Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari seems to be a big fan of Republican Vice-Presidential Candidate and Alaska governor Sarah Palin but his first meet with Palin has critics saying he was completely bit out of line.

Palin is in New York to meet world leaders who are attending the United Nations general Assembly meeting. When Palin met Zardari she told him it was an honour to meet him.

Zardari replied saying that Palin was gorgeous and he understood why Americans are crazy about her. It does not stop there. When cameramen insisted that the two shake hands a little longer, Zardari replied saying that he would be tempted to hug Palin.

Zardari flirts with Sarah Palin: Calling her Gorgeous & Offers to Hug | Teeth Maestro
As suspected from my earlier post where I shuddered at the thought of what Asif Ali Zardari might serve up to Washington during his trip to attend the UN General Assembly, well the games have begun. In a recent meeting with the Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin, our Honorable President was seemingly a little bit too un-Presidential [?]. During the customary greetings between the two leaders, Zardari called Palin “gorgeous” and later even offered “to hug” the Alaskan Governor. I do not mean to suggest that this is in anyway a crime, but being the President of Islamic Republic of Pakistan there are some protocols that should be adhered to in an effort to uplift the respect and dignity of Pakistan and to the office with which he has been assigned to.

It seems to have been the perfectly scripted conversation as temporal had predicted well before the actual Sarah Palin and Asif Zardari meetup. There maybe some fanatics in Pakistan who may even cringe at seeing him shaking hands with a women, but whatever the objection and whether we like it or not it has become a routine in western interactions and I might even suggest that such flirtatious comments might even be the norm but I dare to say, at least not on camera. It is quite possible that Sarah Palin considered these as a complement, but if you were to observe the video footage of the exchange she does feel a little uneasy.

CNN has this to say

Pakistan’s recently-elected president, Asif Ali Zardari, entered the room seconds later. Palin rose to shake his hand, saying she was “honored” to meet him. Zardari then called her “gorgeous” and said: “Now I know why the whole of America is crazy about you.”

“You are so nice,” Palin said, smiling. “Thank you.” A handler from Zardari’s entourage then told the two politicians to keep shaking hands for the cameras. “If he’s insisting, I might hug,” Zardari said. Palin smiled politely.

Last edited:

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
NEW YORK: President Asif Ali Zardari made Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin a step back when he greeted her as ‘gorgeous’. That was not all. He went on to express a desire to ‘hug’ her.

Palin (44) is in New York to brush up her image of being internationally savvy. She has called on a number of world leaders who are here for the United Nations General Assembly.

As Palin entered the room at the swank Intercontinental Berkeley hotel, where Zardari and his entourage are staying, she was greeted by Information Minister Sherry Rehman who said, “And how does one keep looking that good when one is that busy?” a compliment that visibly pleased the Republican vice presidential candidate.

“Oh, thank you,” she replied, looking genuinely pleased.

The embarrassment got underway with the entrance of President Zardari. As Palin rose from her sofa to greet him and to say that she was ‘honoured’ to meet him, he left her reeling when he called her ‘gorgeous’ and as if that was not enough, he added, “Now I know why the whole of America is crazy about you.” Palin recovered her poise to say, “You are so nice, thank you.” An official aide to Zardari did not help matters much when he requested the two leaders to keep shaking hands for the benefit of the cameras. “If he is insisting,” he said pointing to the aide, “I might hug”.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruce Loudon | September 27, 2008

PAKISTAN'S new President has raised eyebrows in the conservative Islamic nation after lavishing Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin with gushing praise during a meeting in New York and suggesting he give her a hug.

Flirting outrageously, by all accounts, Asif Ali Zardari showered compliments on John McCain's running mate, causing her to blush as he told her she was "even more gorgeous" than he had expected and that "now I know why the whole of America is crazy about you".

Not done - those who know him say he is never done when it comes to complimenting women he admires - Mr Zardari, on his first major trip abroad, went further.

When an official suggested they pose again for photographers, he told Ms Palin: "If he's insisting, I might hug (you)."

"You are so nice. Thank you," Ms Palin responded.

But the mere suggestion of hugging is a taboo among powerful elements in Pakistan's increasingly conservative, mullah-dominated society, and last night aides to the Pakistani leader were at pains to insist that "all he was doing was being friendly and welcoming".

"That's just the way he is. Don't read any more into it. It's just the way the President is - warm and friendly," one aide put it to The Weekend Australian.

Mr Zardari's display of oleaginous charm has the potential to outrage Pakistan's influential religious leaders.

"Zardari has a reputation as an inveterate womaniser and charmer from way back when he was a tearaway in Karachi, but he needs to be careful these days as President of the Islamic Republic," one commentator said. "The mullahs have the capacity to turn even the most innocent encounters into what they regard as 'un-Islamic' acts."

Little more than a year ago, Pakistan's then minister for tourism, Nilofar Bahktiar, was forced from office amid uproar sparked by outraged mullahs after she was photographed being hugged and kissed by a male instructor at the end of a parachute jump in France.

The wowser clerics issued a fatwa declaring the hugging and kissing to be "an illegitimate and forbidden act, and that without any doubt, she (Ms Bahktiar) has committed a great sin".

A similar view is taken by the mullahs of all displays of public affection.

Not that those who know the 54-year-old Mr Zardari believe any criticism would deter him from the sort of warmth and generosity he showed towards Ms Palin yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom