What's new

Pakistan's plans for 5th generation

Averroes

Reaction score
India might go for the Mikoyan Project 1.44 and Su-47 as their 5th generation, what are Pakistan's plans, or is this too far ahead to know?

Neo, waiting for your reply

:army:

Should be Jxx. Timing is important. Can Pakistan have these birds in 10 years?

India might go for the Mikoyan Project 1.44 and Su-47 as their 5th generation, what are Pakistan's plans, or is this too far ahead to know?

Neo, waiting for your reply

:army:

India is likely to go for the Russian Pak-Fa wich is supposed to fly sometime next year.
PAF's only option will by the chinese J-XX wich is still on the drawing table.
Neither aircraft is likely to become available before 2015.

Asim Aquil said:
Should be Jxx. Timing is important. Can Pakistan have these birds in 10 years?
Depends how the development and testing speeds up. How long did it take to develop the F-22 Raptor, 15 years?
Ten years sounds too optimistic. :cool:

Yeah but if you consider JF-17 Thunder, how many years took for its development, I cant doubt china's effeciency to finish the project in 10 yrz.

But still its hard predict anything, it all depends how much effort you put into this.

melb4aust said:
Yeah but if you consider JF-17 Thunder, how many years took for its development, I cant doubt china's effeciency to finish the project in 10 yrz.

But still its hard predict anything, it all depends how much effort you put into this.
Dude,

J-XX is stealth, how on earth can you compare the development of JF-17 with a gen 5 stealth fighter?? :confused:

Its likely that Pakistan will buy the J-13 sometime after 2019; its favoured to enter PLAAF service sometime around 2015~2017. J-13 will trace its roots to the J-10; and it is likely that this aircraft will enter service long before the J-12/14. However, Eurofighter and Rafale will likely be considered as options as well.

Thank you all for your replies.

Mark Sien, are the Eurofighter & Rafale on par with J-13 in terms of stealth? I thought they were 4.5 gen fighters.

When will india go for 5th gen fighters, also 2019 or?

Averröes said:
Thank you all for your replies.

Mark Sien, are the Eurofighter & Rafale on par with J-13 in terms of stealth? I thought they were 4.5 gen fighters.

You answered it already, they are gen 4.5 fighters and have low RCS but they are not stealth.

When will india go for 5th gen fighters, also 2019 or?
Pak-Fa is expected to be operational around 2015, expect IAF to get them from 2017 and on.

Neo said:
Dude,

J-XX is stealth, how on earth can you compare the development of JF-17 with a gen 5 stealth fighter?? :confused:
It's likely that they'd pick up an incomplete project and build on that... Thus significantly reducing the time of completing the project.

Mark Sien said:
Its likely that Pakistan will buy the J-13 sometime after 2019; its favoured to enter PLAAF service sometime around 2015~2017. J-13 will trace its roots to the J-10; and it is likely that this aircraft will enter service long before the J-12/14. However, Eurofighter and Rafale will likely be considered as options as well.
i think u messed up a bit.....
j-12 = modified j-11(with two deta wing at the front, possible for aircraft carrier)
j-13 = stealth bomber (due to unsatify performance of jh-7)
j-14 = stealth fighter (compareable to f-22 as fifth generation aircraft)

Asim Aquil said:
It's likely that they'd pick up an incomplete project and build on that... Thus significantly reducing the time of completing the project.

Theoratically its possible but remeber LCA? :p

Most nations will never release their best project to press. So if J10 is now shown as often as possible one can be assured that there are several other projects in advanced settings. The Chinese do have their own Area 51. Those highly detailled CG are not done bu someone with millions hours time...

Neo said:
Theoratically its possible but remeber LCA? :p

But i again i would like to remind you about Thunder, thats was an incomplete project as well. It went extremely successful unlikely LCA. And who knows, they may have already benn working on JXX.

Few Chinese people can provide more info about that.:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom