What's new

Pakistan's Own hypersonic engine Designed by Dr.Shoaib

While other countries have elite academics/scientists/researchers, we have the unfortunate distinction of having the modern-day equivalents of charlatans, witch doctors, and alchemists.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for whatever this is. For all my optimism, I would say there's a very high chance of this being a simple case of bad science that we're all too familiar with in Pakistan.
I feel it's a symptom of the downward dive of our nation. In reality nobody actually cares about science or engineering. The people are just so beat down, desperate, and intellectually bankrupt that you can give them any good-sounding lie and they eat it up like anything. The sense of optimism that I used to have for us is truly gone now.

My thoughts too.
how does that setup tell you its a "super sonic combustion"?
they dont seem to be measuring any wind velocity relative to the fuel/machine.
1695443606013.png

1695443662291.png

1695443722873.jpeg

poorly written article, must be a proper intro along with his back ground and career achievements. i am sure writer must have borrowed all the technical information from Dr. Sohaib himself and clearly ignored him.

The pictures of the test bed on a roof top, that too in a residential area (visible in the background) appears to be a joke. There are high tension electric cables going overhead. One person showing thumbs up in the background is taking cover behind a parapet wall, while a hypersonic engine is being tested. The flame doesn’t look close to a rocket engine at all. It looks like a gas cylinder fired flame.

Not one thing in this setup looks like anything close a cutting edge tech being talked about and gloated about in this thread.

This person might be highly qualified but claiming to have built and tested a hypersonic prototype engine appears to be highly questionable.

Last edited:
poorly written article, must be a proper intro along with his back ground and career achievements. i am sure writer must have borrowed all the technical information from Dr. Sohaib himself and clearly ignored him.
Dr.Sohaib is proudly sharing all of these "allegedly dodgy" articles himself so he clearly has no qualms with the dodgy content.

Dr.Sohaib is proudly sharing all of these "allegedly dodgy" articles himself so he clearly has no qualms with the dodgy content.
Any person with decent expertise in a field wouldn’t share content that casts doubts over his work. The pictures shared clearly show, shoddy attempt to sell a fire being fanned with a fan as a hypersonic engine test bed.
The pictures that he shared must be the best ones as per his understanding. Even then it looks like work of a novice. An expert of the said field, would never share such unprofessionally cured content.

What is even more surprising is the fact that people have lapped it all up and declared his work as pathbreaking. No independent or peer review to verify the work was sought for.

Last edited:
Watch sepoys will either disappear him or whack him. They don't want any technological nor economic development that ruffles masters' feathers...

form where he can get threats to take this stance?

form where he can get threats to take this stance?
Threats?lol
It is one thing to feel the country isn't heading in the right direction, but it is totally another thing to think con artists are heroes and the establishment is out to get them.
The guy works for NESCOM for crying out loud. He has no threats. He's cashing in on the free publicity that he got from the intentional misreporting and exagerration of his work. Might even get a bonus out of it too.

Threats?lol
It is one thing to feel the country isn't heading in the right direction, but it is totally another thing to think con artists are heroes and the establishment is out to get them.
The guy works for NESCOM for crying out loud. He has no threats. He's cashing in on the free publicity that he got from the intentional misreporting and exagerration of his work. Might even get a bonus out of it too.

so it is entirely opposite, everything' selling ...

Threats?lol
Makes you wonder about all the Shaheens and the Baburs being indigenous, doesn't it?

Plus, the crappy 'research articles' being pumped out by individuals working in these organizations also makes you think about the quality of the human resource you have in the strategic organizations.

I have seen dozens of people on LinkedIn who have worked at NESCOM and who are now abroad. Doing PhDs, teaching, or working in r&d and with fairly impressive qualifications and experience. And I'm willing to bet that their replacements were not even close to matching them in quality.

I feel it's a symptom of the downward dive of our nation. In reality nobody actually cares about science or engineering. The people are just so beat down, desperate, and intellectually bankrupt that you can give them any good-sounding lie and they eat it up like anything. The sense of optimism that I used to have for us is truly gone now.
We truly live in an age of darkness. There is nothing that we can truly point to and say that yes, we might be doing something right here. But when merit is killed and good people are hunted and driven away, this is what can be expected. Sooner or later, this is going to engulf everything, including the bastions of 'impregnable defence'.

Also, as an afterthought, a future cause of concern is the sheer number of aerospace engineering grads we're producing with no chance of useful employment for them. Sure, you have that crap factory, NASTP - but initiatives like this which are literally founded on a false premise and as a cushy post retirement home for the 'uncles' - is not likely to produce any good human resource. The point being, that such incidents of intellectual dishonesty are actually going to increase going forward because it will be the guaranteed way to get more perks, privileges, promotions, etc. This was already happening in the majority of the academia, but some optimistic part of me had hoped that, perhaps, these strat orgs might be saved. Alas, it was stupid of me to hope.

As the society implodes, it'll be a mad scramble for survival. And lies and deceit would be the orders of the day.

Makes you wonder about all the Shaheens and the Baburs being indigenous, doesn't it?

Plus, the crappy 'research articles' being pumped out by individuals working in these organizations also makes you think about the quality of the human resource you have in the strategic organizations.

I have seen dozens of people on LinkedIn who have worked at NESCOM and who are now abroad. Doing PhDs, teaching, or working in r&d and with fairly impressive qualifications and experience. And I'm willing to bet that their replacements were not even close to matching them in quality.
There are extremely small pockets of brilliance in these organization that have all of these programs on their shoulders like this:
1695463729651.jpeg

who are responsible for the baburs and the shaheens.

But you're right. The talented lot has been shrinking and shrinking within these organizations and the people who replace them are substandard to say the least. Being in this industry I know all of these people personally. EVERYBODY wants out of these organizations and out of the country. A collapse is imminent. In 10 years, there will only be morons.

I was told the new thinking was that, "let them leave because they'll create a great expat community of experts that we can tap into later (like India)." The obvious flaw in that reasoning is that India had something to attract it's people back with.

We truly live in an age of darkness. There is nothing that we can truly point to and say that yes, we might be doing something right here. But when merit is killed and good people are hunted and driven away, this is what can be expected. Sooner or later, this is going to engulf everything, including the bastions of 'impregnable defence'.

Also, as an afterthought, a future cause of concern is the sheer number of aerospace engineering grads we're producing with no chance of useful employment for them. Sure, you have that crap factory, NASTP - but initiatives like this which are literally founded on a false premise and as a cushy post retirement home for the 'uncles' - is not likely to produce any good human resource.
Yes, we are producing a record number of aerospace engineers. Being on the hiring side of things I can tell you this - there are absolutely no experienced people because obviously there is no industry, no projects, and people from strat orgs obviously go out on the first flight that they can. The remaining lot are inexperienced individuals 80% of whom are also incompetent.

So even though there's a ridiculously large pool of employment seeking aerospace engineers, I struggle to find good people at all. There are people with masters degrees in control systems from NUST with high GPAs that are totally incompetent in control systems and don't even know undergraduate level concepts. The rot is everywhere.

The point being, that such incidents of intellectual dishonesty are actually going to increase going forward because it will be the guaranteed way to get more perks, privileges, promotions, etc. This was already happening in the majority of the academia, but some optimistic part of me had hoped that, perhaps, these strat orgs might be saved. Alas, it was stupid of me to hope.

As the society implodes, it'll be a mad scramble for survival. And lies and deceit would be the orders of the day.
Breaks my heart, it really does. But I have to be a realist and agree that that is what is happening.

"I am happy to present to the world, from the latest graduating class of the Intellectual Cesspool University of Pakistan (a.k.a. ICU Pakistan), a new project in the Basanti Rooftop Laboratory (a.k.a. Charsi Corner), the Valedictorian Hypersonic Scramjet Engineer Dr. Shoaib!" - Vice Chancellor Agha Waqar Water Car Engineer. :D

If all of PDF Management could scrounge up two functioning neurons, this thread would be moved to the Stupid & Funny section, but both are obviously too much to hope for. After all, PDF is but a microcosm of Pakistan. Sadly.

Threats?lol
We are doomed if a fraud of this level is part of our leading state-owned defence org

Anyway Pakistan is officially doomed under our current establishment anyway, its feudal capture by a bunch of literal Pajeets

Read this thread

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom