What's new

Pakistan's National Identity, My thoughts and opinions on Pakistan's problems.

Who told you this crap?

I hate the word Pathan, its a derogatory word. "Pat" means to take and "Han" comes from Khan and it was labelled to people that raided from the mountains and would take everything. Basically it is meant to mean a Barbarian.
Hes Pashtun the same way Imran Khan claims Pashtun ethnicity because his great-great-great grandfather had Pashtun blood or something :lol:

Well Imran Khan has never claimed himself to be a Pukhtoon, but he is from the Niazi tribe.
I do not believe in nonsense like Pushtunwali.

Pukhtunwali is a code by which Pukhtoons live, if you don't believe in it then you are not a Pukhtoon. Read up on it before claiming it nonsense.

I hate the word Pathan, its a derogatory word. "Pat" means to take and "Han" comes from Khan and it was labelled to people that raided from the mountains and would take everything. Basically it is meant to mean a Barbarian.

And in Pashto no one says "Za Pathan yam" its either "Za Pashtun yam" or "Za Pakhtoon yam" based on what dialect you speak.

Well Imran Khan has never claimed himself to be a Pukhtoon, but he is from the Niazi tribe.

He has stood up for us countless times too. He even visited Waziristan in the 90's and they welcomed him with open arms.

1652050103304.png

We are similar to Iran in terms of ethnic diversity they just know how to deal with insurgencies and know how to use Islam as a glue but not as a way to erase others identity.

I read a very fascinating research piece recently. Pukhtoons are the closest to Tajiks in terms of genetics.

Pukhtunwali is a code by which Pukhtoons live, if you don't believe in it then you are not a Pukhtoon. Read up on it before claiming it nonsense.

He isn't Pashtun though, thats the thing :rofl: :rofl:

Claims to be "pAtHaN" through his mom, says Pashto is useless language, and calls Pashtunwali bullcrap

Just a guy with an inferiority complex.

I read a very fascinating research piece recently. Pukhtoons are the closest to Tajiks in terms of genetics.

Some say Yousafzai have dardic roots. Its really interesting how there's multiple theories of Pashtun origin.

He isn't Pashtun though, thats the thing :rofl: :rofl:

Claims to be "pAtHaN" through his mom, says Pashto is useless language, and calls Pashtunwali bullcrap

Just a guy with an inferiority complex.

Some say Yousafzai have dardic roots. Its really interesting how there's multiple theories of Pashtun origin.

I was just watching a video from another thread on how Pukhtoons are Jews

I think you people read far too much into non issues. A handful of people tweet something and we become besties4eva. The next day a handful of people tweet something and we become frenemies.

Chill.

There is plurality of opinion amongst countries, including our own. Opinions shift with time and alter with events. It's no big deal either way.

Ultimately relations between people are built on shared interests followed by shared values as a distant second.

If you don't present yourself as an asshole and are tolerant of what other people think even if you disagree with them - you'll be fine and so will your relations with people.
All the Turks I've met, In Europe or in the middleeast have respect for Pakistan. One Turk in Masjid Nabawi mentioned to me that Pakistan and Turkey is one. But these are all religious Turks.

The secular ones love the west and want to be like them but that is non of our business. If Pakistanis are going to mess around in their country then they deserve to be treated like shit. Its simple change your ways and act sensible. The secular Pakistanis are also the same.

Brothers,

Please show some tolerance. If you notice False information then correct it.

If an argument becomes unproductive due to stubborness then tag me.

The world is a crazy place, I used to get called "Gul Khan" by Afghans and now my fellow Pakistanis think I am some hidden Indo-Afghan terrorist sympathizer 😂

He is not Pashtun LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

In Pashtunwali your tribe comes from your dad's side not your mom's side and you aren't seen as a real Pashtun if you can't speak Pashto as @TNT said.

He calls Pashto a useless language but desperately tries to cling to the "pAtHaN" label.

Extreme inferiority complex.

You are wrong.

Pashtun is a state of mind. Everything else comes after.

So Filipinos and indians living in the UK who call themselves english are now english people?............... :disagree:
No my point is someone else in this case the guy who is saying he does not believe in پښتونولي , I am saying let him say what he wants. It should not change what we believe in our hearts.
Also پښتونولي is different for different people. For some it is a stronger code of belief. For some of the more remote tribes that operate on tribal code - it is very strong, for the urbanized Pakhtuns it is not, but to say that "Pushtunwali" is useless or something not important is to deny the code of tribals and also speaks to a lack of historical knowledge. So my guidance to my brother is to let the fellow who does not believe in پښتونولي believe what he wants. To each his own, and no point in arguing.
I think you clearly missed the point I was trying to make.

Yeah but if the roles were reversed, Pakistanis would accommodate the Turks by taking them to local whore houses.

:lol:

Sexual Harassment is a huge issue in Pakistan either way. If some pendus think recording women in public is fine and pulling stuff like this:

Then Turks have a right to be angry.

Also people don’t realize this but Ataturk’s Turkey is not as secularist as one would think. For one thing, one of Atatuks policies was Sunnism, that sunnism would be adapted as main religion and would be supported by state - diyanet I believe. It’s the secularists after him that promoted anti religion- people like Ismet Inonu.

Sexual Harassment is a huge issue in Pakistan either way. If some pendus think recording women in public is fine and pulling stuff like this:

Then Turks have a right to be angry.

You keep posting video of this poor guy. If amir Liaquat is living the dream then stop hating this ghareeb.

Also I am paindu and if you try harassing a woman in the village, be prepared to get your shit stomped out.

It’s mostly big city folk from Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar that do these kinds of things.

Back
Top Bottom