What's new

Pakistan's military capable to penetrate Rajasthan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remmember "Longewala" in Rajasthan, the bloodiest ever nose which the Pakistani Army got at the hands of 120 men of Sikh infantry, manning that post and four Hunters aircraft who had to wait till the morning to blow 38 Pakistani tanks to pieces. It all happened in 1971, the last times the Pakistanis tried to penetrate Rajasthan.

Pakistani tanks first had to overcome these 120 men before they reached Jodhpur town of Rajasthan by nightfall. They miserably failed, rather ran away in the face of repeated Hunter attacks.

If you do not believe read Pakistani historian Major A. H. Amin's account of the battle.

The battle was so unique that from 10.00 PM night till 6.00 AM morning, a brigage of Pakistani Army consisting of 3,000 men and Tanks could not overcome resistance offered by 120 men of Sikh infantary manning the Longewala Post.

Long live Major Kuldip Singh Chandpuri, who lead is 120 men to victory at Longewala.

Hence do not even think of penetrating anywhere in Rajasthan or elsewhere.

Omigod, when did you become a member?

Why would that happen?
It would be better if we asked:

Pakistan's capability to take over Srinagar, and Indian capability to take over Muzaffarabad.

Some facts to keep in mind:
Muzaffarabad is right next to Islamabad
600,000 Indian troops in J&K
450,000 Pakistani troops in Azad Kashmir/Gilgit.

???

A German shepard protects you from a Pakistani in peace time- what a manly confession- do you wear a bangle aswell?-

You do realize that if you are stupid enough this could lead to the kind of comparison that would be less than flattering? Don't start something you can't finish -- and I am not referring to the script alone.

You do realize that if you are stupid enough this could lead to the kind of comparison that would be less than flattering? Don't start something you can't finish -- and I am not referring to the script alone.
precisely the point i made. PA can start hostilities, but we have yet to see them wrap one up.

I think this would be a case of "is it in yet?"

:lol:

That's funny I like your sense of humour. Reality is its been in several times, and will probably be in back again. Pakistan Army was the first to get in. Though glad you think Rajasthan and India as an entry point. Lol

That's funny I like your sense of humour. Reality is its been in several times, and will probably be in back again. Pakistan Army was the first to get in. Though glad you think Rajasthan and India as an entry point. Lol

I think you're confusing pakistan for India. Last time India got it in, pakistan gave birth to Bangladesh :woot:

Naw but have with your wet dreams :lol:

PA has to better plan offensive strikes and consolidate its gain, that is very important in such campaigns. Anything can happen in war and to prepare for the possibilities is a must.

I think you're confusing yourself. Last time India got it in pakistan gave birth to Bangladesh :woot:

Naw but have with your wet dreams :lol:

Bangladesh was an unwanted mistake that we left and separated our ways from. But we're discussing Rajasthan not sure if you can stay on topic.

Bangladesh it was apart of our Pakistan Empire, it was a colony of ours oh well even Byzantine empire fell apart. Besides age of empires is supposedly over at least in the traditional sense.

PA has to better plan offensive strikes and consolidate its gain, that is very important in such campaigns. Anything can happen in war and to prepare for the possibilities is a must.
agreed :tup:
before opening a front, it needs to defend/fortify other vulnerable sectors.

If you don't think Pakistan military can capture Rajasthan that is fine what are you people worried about? We're discussing a war time scenario that may arise in the future.

Do any Pakistanis here think serious territorial gains can be made in such a scenario? And to what extent?

If you don't think Pakistan military can capture Rajasthan that is fine what are you people worried about? We're discussing a war time scenario that may arise in the future.

Do any Pakistanis here think serious territorial gains can be made in such a scenario? And to what extent?
i doubt any indian is particularly worried. as mentioned earlier, PA can probably take some territory, but holding it will be a major issue. moreover, the traditional weakness of PA has been the geographic reality of pakistan. India can open multiple fronts all along the border and choke pakistan at sea.

until you address PK's weaknesses, any conventional campaign against India is futile.
sure you can make some early gains, but then what (another kargil)?

Are there any members here who are residents of Rajasthan? A question for you is what would you do in a scenario considering your province is a border and potential war zone what would you do in case Pakistan army troops were moving into your area and or city?

Just a hypothetical question. I think people of both countries border provinces have at least asked themselves this question.

^military usually evacuates the civvies before going for a counter-attack

i doubt any indian is particularly worried. as mentioned earlier, PA can probably take some territory, but holding it will be a major issue. moreover, the traditional weakness of PA has been the geographic reality of pakistan. India can open multiple fronts all along the border and choke pakistan at sea.

until you address PK's weaknesses, any conventional campaign against India is futile.
sure you can make some early gains, but then what (another kargil)?

Good points Pakistan has to address its weaknesses and I think Pakistan Navy has been doing that in the past several years and making progress on that front. Pakistan is making the appropriate procurements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom