What's new

Pakistan’s latest weapon from China — state-of-the-art ‘nuclear-capable’ SH-15 howitzer

when you convert 52 caliber into mm the resulting value is 13.1mm so what is this 155mm.Hopefully not bothering you lol but i'm confused with this from years that's why a little detailed explanation would be appreciated in simple words.Thanks. you can recommend any video or article but i would prefer your explanation.Thanks.
You're testing his knowledge and teasing our bro and clearly he does not know more than you bro but has a difficult time in admitting it... :partay:

BTW,
7.62 mm is the diameter of the bore
51 mm is the length of the cartridge (the whole thing).
Bullet is just the front conic shape.. the rest is casing which holds the charge (explosive) and it is specified in terms of grains ..the more grains, the more power..
and then some rounds are named in imperial units i.e. inches or 100th of an inch.

Is the barel in a simple rifle increases its bullet velocity or increases its accuracy?

@HariPrasad
You like 556 or 762 i personally 556.....??
Higher barrel length increases velocity. Accuracy goes down with increase in distance I.e velocity.

I think you are referring to 5.56 mm and 7.62 mm rifle. Latest requirement of Indian army is 7.62 mm.

Higher barrel length increases velocity. Accuracy goes down with increase in distance I.e velocity.

I think you are referring to 5.56 mm and 7.62 mm rifle. Latest requirement of Indian army is 7.62 mm.
Yes but 5.56 is pretty accurate and doesn't cause lethal damage to the body.
Which rifle you suggest?
I like M4 and AR-15 20 inch barrel

now i'mm confusing.Above @#hydra# is saying that 155x39 is barrel length and you saying 155x52..so which is right

Both are right. There are 155x39 mm artilaries I.e about 6 m length. There are some 155x52 mm length barrels as well.

Yes but 5.56 is pretty accurate and doesn't cause lethal damage to the body.
Which rifle you suggest?
I like M4 and AR-15 20 inch barrel

INSAS was build on this philosophy. Because armed forces has to fight against militants now, 7.62 mm is preferedprto deliver lethal strike.

Both are right. There are 155x39 mm artilaries I.e about 6 m length. There are some 155x52 mm length barrels as well.

INSAS was build on this philosophy. Because armed forces has to fight against militants now, 7.62 mm is preferedprto deliver lethal strike.
7.62 which rifle will IA choose?

You're testing his knowledge and teasing our bro and clearly he does not know more than you bro but has a difficult time in admitting it... :partay:

BTW,
7.62 mm is the diameter of the bore
51 mm is the length of the cartridge (the whole thing).
Bullet is just the front conic shape.. the rest is casing which holds the charge (explosive) and it is specified in terms of grains ..the more grains, the more power..
and then some rounds are named in imperial units i.e. inches or 100th of an inch.
You're senior just once please reply to this:
In both rifles and (artillery or howitzer) what is meaning of 155x52mm or 7.62x30mm.
What does 155 refers to or 7.62 in rifle's case and 52 or 30 are calibers but what actually are calibers because between so many posts i'm little confused.On one hand someone gives different calculation like of @#hydra# then @HariPrasad so i'm confused.Please help.Thanks

In case of rifle, it is bullet size. I.e 7.62 mm Dia and 30 mm length. In case of artillery, it is barrel width iIe 155 mm. And barrel length the time of barrel widthe I.e 155X52 mm length.

now i'mm confusing.Above @#hydra# is saying that 155x39 is barrel length and you saying 155x52..so which is right
Man there are different howitzer using same dia shells. Our boforse howitzer is 155/39. Means it is using 155mm dia shell and howitzer barrel length is 6.045m. Where our atagms under development is 155/52 cal, it will be firing 155mm shell and howitzer barrell lsng will be 8.06 m.

so you are saying that 7.62x30mm for rifle would be regarding bullet size and in artillery 155mm is barrel length and 52 caliber is diameter of barrel?
taking guesses or confirmed?
155 is the shell dia, omg.

so you are saying that 7.62x30mm for rifle would be regarding bullet size and in artillery 155mm is barrel length and 52 caliber is diameter of barrel?
taking guesses or confirmed?
155 mm Dia meter and 155x52 I.e about 8 meter length of barrel.

Back
Top Bottom