What's new

Pakistan's ISI intelligence agency 'supports' Taliban: UK University

dont bring in the religious dimension (jew, christians etc) or ill delete such posts.

Because we handed them the Soviets in a platter, because USA did not have a problem using the same tactics and groups for its goals.

When they and your country can use the same tactics, it becomes valid for others to utilize the same.

Now we're talking.

Its correct that Pakistan fell for the dirty game of the US. Yes, it was a mutual mistake not completely Pak's.

I personally would like to see Pakistan the way it was before the 80s. But the only way today is to defeat these elements who have established their roots deep in the society.

It seems to look even tougher when we see US meddling in Afghanistan for so long yet without any hint of success.

All I can do is wish Pak luck to get out of the mess. But more than me its the Pakistanis who need to understand the situation.

There still is a chance, but if nothing is done today, things might turn real ugly like Afghanistan

Q-why wld these 9 taliban leaders (and i use this term loosely) 'sing like canaries' at this stage when they see their 'area of influence' reducing both in afghanistan and pakistan - what is their credability??? - i will tell you - it is based on 'money' - someone gave them a lot of money to say what the LSE and a lot of people here and around the world wanted to hear. - pls spare me this bullshit!!!

Now we're talking.

Its correct that Pakistan fell for the dirty game of the US. Yes, it was a mutual mistake not completely Pak's.

I personally would like to see Pakistan the way it was before the 80s. But the only way today is to defeat these elements who have established their roots deep in the society.

It seems to look even tougher when we see US meddling in Afghanistan for so long yet without any hint of success.

All I can do is wish Pak luck to get out of the mess. But more than me its the Pakistanis who need to understand the situation.

There still is a chance, but if nothing is done today, things might turn real ugly like Afghanistan

Talking what, your country supported a barbaric regime by the name of Norther Alliance with the ulterior motive of destabilizing Pakistan. You openly admitted that India supported NA and when you bring up some invalid claim of Mujahideen being infiltrated into Kashmir.

Even Hamid Gul said that sending Mujahideen to Kashmir will be like playing in the hands of India. The army made a move and it was successful but international pressure made the Prime Minister alter the course of the situation.

Many Indians find solace in the current situation in Pakistan, your country does not want to see a Pakistan which is strong and independent. Our economy was doing exceptionally well, things were on the right track until India meddled in our state affairs through their support for the Baloch Insurgents.

The subsequent spillover of war and its consequences is something that we are facing and facing very well. What does not destroy you, only makes you stronger.

The whole failed nation campaign could not dent us, we achieved our goals of defeating the TTP and we shall see everything else through as well.

Also for your information, we never fell or will fall for US's dirty game, we know how to play them better than they do us. But their power and wealth allows them more chances to hurt us for a limited time.

June 1989: Pakistan Disappointed at End of US Aid over Nuclear Weapons Program

Pakistan is disappointed when Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto is told during a visit to Washington that the US will cut off foreign aid to her nation, because of its nuclear weapons program (see June 1989). This new US policy comes about shortly after the withdrawal of the Soviet military from neighboring Afghanistan (see February 15, 1989). A US official will later say: “The Paks understood us better than we understood ourselves… They knew that once the Soviets were whipped in Afghanistan we wouldn’t need them anymore. Would we unilaterally defend Pakistan? Never. Our relationship with Pakistan was to counter the Soviet-Indian relationship. The Pakistanis knew that time was limited. And that’s why they went balls out on the nuclear program.” [NEW YORKER, 3/29/1993]
Entity Tags: Benazir Bhutto, Pakistan

1. the 'view' of taliban commanders is...... and they 'believe' so... but not know so.
2. there is no proof but only based on statements from different western officials (whom we already know well enough) and taliban commanders who are themselves not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking what, your country supported a barbaric regime by the name of Norther Alliance with the ulterior motive of destabilizing Pakistan. You openly admitted that India supported NA and when you bring up some invalid claim of Mujahideen being infiltrated into Kashmir.

Even Hamid Gul said that sending Mujahideen to Kashmir will be like playing in the hands of India. The army made a move and it was successful but international pressure made the Prime Minister alter the course of the situation.

Many Indians find solace in the current situation in Pakistan, your country does not want to see a Pakistan which is strong and independent. Our economy was doing exceptionally well, things were on the right track until India meddled in our state affairs through their support for the Baloch Insurgents.

The subsequent spillover of war and its consequences is something that we are facing and facing very well. What does not destroy you, only makes you stronger.

The whole failed nation campaign could not dent us, we achieved our goals of defeating the TTP and we shall see everything else through as well.

Also for your information, we never fell or will fall for US's dirty game, we know how to play them better than they do us. But their power and wealth allows them more chances to hurt us for a limited time.

Well now you're getting into the denial mode. India supported NA but not to destabilize Pak, but to reduce the influence of Taliban in Afghanistan because Taliban was supported by Pakistan and with the increasing support of Taliban in Afghanistan India was losing whatever control it had in Afghanistan.

About kargil, it was a blunder by Pak. I don't want to comment on it.

India never meddled in Balochistan or whatever. Insurgency started in 90s in Kashmir. Pak was very confident with the success of Taliban in Afghanistan when it succeeded in driving back Soviets from Afghanistan. Inspired by the confidence, Pak tried the same tactics in Kashmir, that is where the problem started. Don't want to go offtopic. Discuss it another thread.

I want Pak to defeat the TTP. I am not against Pak or its progress. You're getting it all wrong. I hope you succeed.

If you never fell for US's game then why blame them??? Then what would you call the formation of Taliban and WoT and the situation in Pak right now?

Lets get out of denial mode. India and Pakistan both have made blunders and mistakes in the past. It would be wise if we admit them and learn from them, rather than denying them and repeating the same mistakes again and again. :coffee:

Well now you're getting into the denial mode. India supported NA but not to destabilize Pak, but to reduce the influence of Taliban in Afghanistan because Taliban was supported by Pakistan and with the increasing support of Taliban in Afghanistan India was losing whatever control it had in Afghanistan.

India was supporting the NA even before the creation of Taliban as NA had India and Iran for support. Their motive is simple, to gain foothold in a country in order to play their little games.

India never meddled in Balochistan or whatever. Insurgency started in 90s in Kashmir. Pak was very confident with the success of Taliban in Afghanistan when it succeeded in driving back Soviets from Afghanistan. Inspired by the confidence, Pak tried the same tactics in Kashmir, that is where the problem started. Don't want to go offtopic. Discuss it another thread.

India never meddled in Baluchistan is your countries official stance but your allies and western diplomats say otherwise.

Even India's allies say New Delhi has a large presence in Afghanistan from its foreign intelligence agency, the Research and Analysis Wing, or RAW. At least one victim of the February guest house attack was an undercover RAW agent, a senior Afghan official said on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.

The reality remains murky. Pakistan keeps Baluchistan largely sealed off to outsiders. Western diplomats, speaking on condition of anonymity, say Indian intelligence is believed to be in contact with the Baluchi separatists, though it's unclear if they provide any support.

Indo-Pakistan proxy war heats up in Afghanistan | World news | guardian.co.uk

I want Pak to defeat the TTP. I am not against Pak or its progress. You're getting it all wrong. I hope you succeed.

We shall succeed and will be able to completely root out these groups.

If you never fell for US's game then why blame them??? Then what would you call the formation of Taliban and WoT and the situation in Pak right now?

Whose blaming who, its them and their follies blaming us all the time (the case with this report) and remember its all part of the bigger game.

The report is primarily based on the statements/opinions of eight Taliban field commanders the author(s) met.

The authors may have indeed met 8 Taliban field commanders and the commanders may have indeed said all this, but given the charges against Zardari, which are rather preposterous given his background, I would argue the veracity of the report is under a cloud.

2 things

1. The charges against Zardari may or may not be preposterous, specially since given the puppet nature of the civilian govt and on top of that, the recent curtailing of Presedential powers, he may not even have an option in deciding to support the Taliban. His presense may have been used to lend a show of committment (after all he is a figure head) by ISI to Taliban given the fact that army is killing taliban fighers by dozens in NWFP.

2. For the sake of arguement, even if the role of Zardari is over emphasised or is not accurate enough, it does not discredit the whole report because a bunch of other theories put forth corroborate with other reports/theories/statements by other agencies.

The link clearly says there's no evidence if India provides any support to the separatists.

They are still unclear on it. Yes India has a presence in Afghanistan, but its limited to Afghanistan, and with the permission of govt of Afghanistan. Nothing to do with Pak you see.

Well if you say so, the RAW agents there are conducting humanitarian work. But do read this:

India, Pakistan's bitter foe, has an army of agents in Afghanistan and is arming, backing and financing the Karzai puppet regime in Kabul in hopes of turning Afghanistan into a protectorate. Pakistan's historic strategic interests in Afghanistan have been undermined by the US occupation. Now, the US, Canada and India are trying to eliminate Pakistani influence in Afghanistan.

Instead, Washington demonizes faithful old allies ISI and Pakistan while supporting Afghanistan's Communists and drug dealers, and allowing India to stir the Afghan pot -- all for the sake of new energy pipelines.

Eric Margolis: Blaming Pakistan's Spies For A War Gone Wrong

:cheers:

I have a question for my Indian member's.

Would RAW support LeT in Indian occupied Kashmir against its own army???

If ur answer is NO, than ISI supporting taliban is NO for the moment. :cheers:

Past 20 years we've seen what Pak has done to Afghanistan. Give India a chance and we'll what happens. What say? :smokin:

India has it's chance right now [even if we minus the past efforts]..

Back
Top Bottom