What's new

Pakistan's ISI intelligence agency 'supports' Taliban: UK University

Again, the entire report is based on the claims of Taliban commanders and officials, the LSE report is basing its conclusions on those comments.

Ignoring the absurdity of the claims against Zardari (who would do well to not trust the US anymore after this - first they burned Karzai, and now apparently they are after him), one should also accept Taliban claims of the US and Blackwater carrying out the terrorist attacks in Pakistan, as Asim pointed out.

Well no need to raise any other issues at this point such as the blackwater etc etc, this study is focused on the ISI and taliban so let us focus on that. Counter allegations will only lead to us loosing sight of the topic for this thread.

Well, the news is out there in all the press. BBC, UK wired, Aaj media, Zee news, Asia biz, India times, Times UK, this news is there in every press in the world. Just google and you'd find over 800 results in the past 24 hours.

If all this is not credible for you, then God knows what is.

If you fail to believe such a thing being said by the whole world, then I don't understand why you believe all those silly stories about India that only Pak media shouts about.

Just because multiple media outlets report on particular story does not make it credible or correct. The content of the story remains rather absurd.

How many media outlets reported on the Saddam has WMD's story before the war?

Well, the news is out there in all the press. BBC, UK wired, Aaj media, Zee news, Asia biz, India times, Times UK, this news is there in every press in the world. Just google and you'd find over 800 results in the past 24 hours.

If all this is not credible for you, then God knows what is.

If you fail to believe such a thing being said by the whole world, then I don't understand why you believe all those silly stories about India that only Pak media shouts about.

We have been over these kinds of arguments before. Very simplistic argument. Just because it is out in the whole world, it really doesn't make it automatically true or important.

Right now Pakistan is the target of foreign media, and NATO is fighting Taliban. So it's in the interests of the media to talk about this. They do so very often. There's never any proof, but they keep on going because it's in their interests.

I'd say this report - i.e. the claim that ISI supporting Taliban and supporting evidence being meeting with commanders - is a handy work of a foreign intelligence agency to increase pressure on Pakistan. I am not picking out or implying any particular intelligence agency. A big role of intelligence agencies is propaganda and PR so I don't think this hypothesis is impossible.

again its very easy to call this another ploy against Pakistan but its increasingly becoming obvious that such "Ploys" only exist in the mind of few and the reality if quite different. Not everything is propaganda my friend. The ISI has always had links in Afghanistan and it wont be surprising that it still maintain a few.

again its very easy to call this another ploy against Pakistan but its increasingly becoming obvious that such "Ploys" only exist in the mind of few and the reality if quite different. Not everything is propaganda my friend. The ISI has always had links in Afghanistan and it wont be surprising that it still maintain a few.

Well what is "the reality"? Because not one of us knows here what is the reality. All we have is our versions of reality.

How many media outlets reported on the Saddam has WMD's story before the war?

Very few. Half the world including India believed Saddam had no WMD. It was just US which believed so.

But here is a case where the whole world believes that ISI is backing Taliban. It is just Pakistan which denies such a thing.

Well what is "the reality"? Because not one of us knows here what is the reality. All we have is our versions of reality.

and are your versions true ? If no one knows the reality then how come you have versions of it ? Isnt that a Paradox my friend ? If no one knows the reality of Pakistan then how does Pakistan know the reality of other nations ?

This is the fruit or thanks for being allied with US and UK in so-called WoT. :rolleyes:

Cancerous relationship indeed. :tdown:

Well no need to raise any other issues at this point such as the blackwater etc etc, this study is focused on the ISI and taliban so let us focus on that. Counter allegations will only lead to us loosing sight of the topic for this thread.
No this is in fact very relevant - we have all been wondering how the sophisticated and complex terrorist attacks in Pakistan, against intelligence agencies, Police HQ, Army HQ and multiple civilian targets were carried out. We all dismissed Taliban claims about the US and Blackwater being responsible, and considered them not trustworthy, but since now the Taliban are being considered trustworthy in this case, we should be consistent and also believe them in the other cases, since all these groups have connections and are tied in to each other.

That would then imply that not only is the ISI involved in terrorism, but that the US/CIA is responsible for the multiple terrorist attacks in Pakistan, per Taliban officials of course.

so on what basis can you counter this report? Personal version of reality?

If its just your personal view that you trust, then there's nothing that can be done to help you. You should leave this thread then, and contribute somewhere else.

Very few. Half the world including India believed Saddam had no WMD. It was just US which believed so.
Nonsense, don't be dishonest just to make a point - the stories on Saddam's WMD's were reported by every major media outlet, just as this one is.
But here is a case where the whole world believes that ISI is backing Taliban. It is just Pakistan which denies such a thing.
And like the Saddam WMD claims there remains no evidence supporting this particular claim - this latest report just shot itself in the foot with the absurd claims about Zardari.

That has nothing to do with the points I raised about the veracity of the report based on the story about Zardari.

And BTW, the DG ISI is appointed by the Prime Minister and reports to the Prime Minister - don't know how else it can be put under 'civilian control' given that it is a military intelligence agency (Inter Services Intelligence - the services being the Army, Air Force and Navy), and therefore will have a staff that is primarily military.
Pakistan does have a civilian intelligence agency called the Intelligence Bureau, that falls under the Interior Ministry and reports to the Interior Minister - that is, currently, staffed largely by civilians.

You are a Great Politician afterall AGNO, by re-reading the thread you are saying that your guilt ,of the argument, of not putting ISI under Civilian Agency and Defending with such GRACE to the Pakistanie Audience.

For the first time, Mr. Desiman you made sence to me.....

and are your versions true ? If no one knows the reality then how come you have versions of it ? Isnt that a Paradox my friend ? If no one knows the reality of Pakistan then how does Pakistan know the reality of other nations ?

I never claimed that my versions are the reality. I have opinions and in my opinion, X is the reality. However, I don't try to shove my opinion down others' throat by saying that X is the reality or the truth as many Indians do. I try to prove my argument, and if I can't do that then at least I make circumstantial and anecdotal arguments. Whatever the case is, I never, ever say that my opinion is the truth or the reality. If you have arguments against my version, sure throw it out and I will try to rebutt, but calling your opinion the reality is, in simple words, a very bad argument.

Back
Top Bottom