What's new

"Pakistan's industry joins international competition for new NATO-standard rifle"

In that case I have bad news for you, that gun is definitely a HK-33!

I really doubt we are going that route. This is what is needed IMO...

HK 416 or maybe even grab the entire Mehmetcik program off the Turks but I'm not sure if there is a clause or not by HK that would allow Turkey to do that ??

That's probably the best option in either case, go directly to HK and nab their ToT or get it off cheaper from the Turks, this gun is an entire self sustaining system that replaces everything useless like Chinese made Klashnikovs and MP5's...Seriously, the thought of sending thousands of troops armed with MP5's into battle against .308 strapped Taliban just makes me wonder what in God's name is going on down there. Yes the G3 is there but is useless in CQC and has too much recoil and the MP5 has no punch, it was the staple gun for counter-terrorists and terrorists alike in the 80s and 90s but for modern combat it's a peashooter!!!!

:guns:

Members,

This is my first post here. I have been reading about which assault rifle should Pakistan Army be adopting next and quite a few people are in favor of US M16 or M4.

M16/M4 are good rifles as long as you keep them clean, oiled and away from mess. Unlike Ak-47 or G-3, these guns cannot handle a lot of beating. A few grains of sand in gas pipe can jam the rifle.

Also, keep in mind that these US rifles were designed for CQB (close quarter battle) not for the battlegrounds like Pakistan and India have between them. Their compact design make them a great choice in Urban Warfare, clearing buildings and accurate fire support from short distances, so these are a good choice for special forces ( I dont know why SSG uses Ak-47 ). 5.56mm ammo is practically not suited for battles in our region because of its short range and low punch over distances more than 250 meters.

In Canadian police services, we are using Colt Canada's C8 CQB which is a typical US carbine design but originally designed and developed by Canada. An awesome semi-automatic rifle with great accuracy and firepower on short range. This rifle is designed for use only by the Canadian police services. (we can't have automatic guns in Canada except for army). Its low recoil, compact design and easy handling makes it a great choice in built areas and inside buildings.

The fully automatic Colt Canada's C7 Rifle is designed for armed forces, which looks very similar to M16.

Though, the police tactical units (TRU, PERT, or SWAT) use MP5.

I hope I have added something to the knowledge-base.

Regards.

that is stupid changing from 7.62 mm to NATO rounds even united states wants to change from 5.56 mm to 6.8 mm because it haven't been effective in Iraq or Afghanistan

Last edited:
I found this sight looking for any contact's about the PK-7. I built a weapon like this myself, but I have to wait 15 posts before I can show it to you.

Does anyone have any hands on time with the PK-7? Are parts available?

that is stupid changing from 7.62 mm to NATO rounds even united states wants to change from 5.56 mm to 6.8 mm because it haven't been effective in Iraq or Afghanistan
you rightly said US is about to change from 5.56 to 6.8 i think PA shoul also look for 7.62 and 6.8 for PK-7 riffle.

Hi,
We have been hearing about a possible cange to 5.56mm for sometime now, but has anything concrete has been decided??. I think a decision should be taken at the earliest as G-3 is not suited fot CQ combat and your army is seeing a lot of it.
Thanks in advance.

Hi

G3 is one of the few rifles that not many soldiers can handle well. Pakistan jawans have been using them for a long time for its sheer power and all weather conditions. It is time that we need to give these jawans shoulders a rest and also a new toy to play with.

Pakistan army has 2 choices either to cut down the weight on the G3is or pick up a new rifle.

Iam not an expert on the weapons but i still would like to see Pakistan army soldiers being prime example of future soldiers at least in our region. A lot of emphesis has been given to other weapons its time for the soldiers to be upgraded. Indian army is looking to upgrade it soldiers on the F.INSAS program.

If Pakistan army decides to stay with G3 then they should do few changes

1)Replace the standard Butt to foldable Butt stock like the G36c.
2)reduce the size of the barrel to 12.4" from 17.7" example G3K.
3)Add red dot sights, heat signatures and AG36 granade launcher.
4) If possible reduce the calibre size from 7.62mm to 6.80mm or 7.00mm. the reason is to have almost the same power with accuracy and less recoil.

This will definately make G3 a unique weapons coming up to the mark of Hk417 and low cost.

If the army is keen to try a new rifle then

Pakistan would definately be better off with a replacement rifle such as HK416, Hk417 made indiginously. PK Army should experiment with the 6.8mm or 7.00mm rounds with the hk417.
Pakistan should also experiment using ak47, 7.62-39mm rounds on hk series to see the accuracy, power and recoil.

Hk series come with different verients and barrell sizes 12", 14"
and 20". HK416 can replace mp5 an ak47 for counter terrorism and close combatsall together giving it much more power of 5.56mm comparing to 9mm and durability comparing to MP5.

These 2 variations can be fitted with different types red dot sights, heat signatures, and AG36granade launcher that can be mounted on both the HK variations.

The sights/heat signature and granade launcher should become a standard issue for front line soldiers.

Another excellent upgrade would be MP7 in the over all arm forces, special ops and specific unit inventory.

Back
Top Bottom