What's new

Pakistan's huge military procurements | Where are the funds coming from?

Leave the worry for our Indian "Friends", with enemies like them who need friends
I have a feeling Pakistan is using corruption money to buy all these equipments :)
i also feels the same way 5 billion $ was captured by PN few months ago

Sure pak can buy half of equipment by isaac $$ money alone

if you mean Dar by Isaac then i agree with you, Zardari and Dar can finance Pakistan army needs for few years.

Chinese weapons on the back of soft Chinese loans from china EXIM bank.
western weapons from own sovereign funds.

item 2,6,7 are not confirmed.

Item 6 can be considered confirmed. Item 6 would mean if no SU-35, then it would have J-11D's as the need has been recognized. I've written about it. Pakistan now needs to create a strengthening Navy to ensure countries using Gawader that Pakistan will protect their trading through the port.

Over the next 5-7 years, Pakistan will start to become a regional power shortly after the CPEC starts working. You'll see serious increases in PAF and PN's fleet (and Army will remain on the current strength). Its PAF and PN's time as they need to project power all the way to 400+ nautical miles due to Pakistan's extended EEZ and Gawader having seriously heavy trade requirements.

Pakistan isn't as cheap and weak as you guys still think. It's now the top 25th economy. Plus, just in expanded tax base and money recovered, over a couple of billion dollars have been recovered and the savings account is around $ 20 billion (not talking about reserves in Gold, Euro's and Dollars).

Just by plea-bargain deals to recover money from bureaucrat and political thieves, your country has smartly gotten back over a couple of billion dollars from different politicians who know they are about to get screwed and they came in and paid 100% of the money so they don't get to go to the jail. 85% of these guys were from Zardari's party. Remainder from Altaf, Ruling and IK's party.

So Pakistan can readily pay a couple of billions for any deal in cash if need be. Chinese equipment comes from Chinese financing.Russia for their deals will be offered cash. US stuff also comes from their own financing as the interest than helps run the American economy and creates more jobs and all.

This is how important it is for everyone to pay taxes, your country will only create more opportunity for you, won't need loans and will grow economically and defense wise. If everyone in Pakistan paid close to the real amount of taxes, your country would pay off all of her debt in less than a decade and would never need WB, IMF or ADB loans for Dam, Electric or any project, within three years of establishing the real tax base.

Last edited:
That's a bloody good deal then. India must also follow this example. Specially since they are the masters of International Relations and the rest of the world looks up to India before taking any external or internal decision.

Stop being a fool. India has more loans than Pakistan and has the biggest slums with more than half the population without the basic facility of toilets. Every country takes loans and then pay them back. Plus I don't see any reason for Indians to be commenting about how Pakistan will pay, it's none of your bloody business.

Yes. I with agree you that India is a economically poor country

Pakistani military strategy over all is rotten..it needs a new operational doctrine..given the lack of strategic depth..it must upgrade its second and third strike capabilities, acquire overseas air and naval bases..and practice for multi prong warfare...like opening 10-15 fronts at once shall the need to strike India becomes necessary..It must also create high efficiency independent attack corps limited to 1000 men with their own naval and air-force assets based on land and air craft carrier....operating highly independent of central command and focus on creating a pin hole in enemy lines to push in larger forces...

Pakistan is not going to win any serious conflict with India.unless it packs enough punch in man and material to inflict massive damage and denial on enemy...

also Pakistani navy is pathetic and has no capacity to project power..it must be upgraded with on the strategy of regional security by global focus. it needs several hundred advanced high speed submarines, battle cruisers, fast attack crafts, destroyers, logistic ships and at-least half dozen air craft carrier...destroying Indian naval assets and enforcing sea denial will be paramount in any future war with India..

also Pakistani navy is pathetic and has no capacity to project power

You are right. But 70 year of ignoring reality does that to a country. But you are now recovering. The power projection is coming with the growth in economy. Trust me, no one would want to send their trade through Pakistan if Pakistan can't secure their trade (Russia, China, Central Russian states). So post 2020, you'll see a huge boost in additional PAF and PN assets. Almost expect a 30-50% increase in different areas.

You are right. But 70 year of ignoring reality does that to a country. But you are now recovering. The power projection is coming with the growth in economy. Trust me, no one would want to send their trade through Pakistan if Pakistan can't secure their trade (Russia, China, Central Russian states). So post 2020, you'll see a huge boost in additional PAF and PN assets. Almost expect a 30-50% increase in different areas.

Strong economy is complimented by strong millitary..
The prime role of military is to protect economic interests of the state, border protection falls in greater interest of economic protection...

I have always thought that Balochistan can be turned into a gaint economic zone..with international capital attracted for development..a property exchange formed to trade in shares and stocks of real estate..and mega opportunity zones at zero taxes for all sort of upper end industry such as automobile, aviation, space, military, high-tech, manufacturing, heavy industries, etc...

i also feels the same way 5 billion $ was captured by PN few months ago

Pakistan Army has silently taken over the massive UAE money laundering networks used to finance the Baloch rebels..the money many be few millions..but it is worth...having soo many rebels fighting a battle takes serious amount of money to motivate..Now the positive part is that enemy money is going into the hands of Pak Army and being used to reward the rebels having accepted truce..a true strategy...

Strong economy is complimented by strong millitary..
The prime role of military is to protect economic interests of the state, border protection falls in greater interest of economic protection...

I have always thought that Balochistan can be turned into a gaint economic zone..with international capital attracted for development..a property exchange formed to trade in shares and stocks of real estate..and mega opportunity zones at zero taxes for all sort of upper end industry such as automobile, aviation, space, military, high-tech, manufacturing, heavy industries, etc... .

I am confused.....how do you have a "strong military" when you don't have money to eat properly???? Before the current government came, you had $ 11 million left in your checking account. Not even enough for one month worth of salaries!!! So how do you maintain a strong "defense" when you don't have money to pay for the salaries of soldiers or buy or fix equipment??? Repairing 2 F-16's might cost the $ 11 million you had left in your bank account. So the Strong Economy has to be there, for the military to be strong. But on the roles of the military, I agree with you.

In Baluchistan and for Pakistan, the international capital is a few years away. Once the CPEC finishes up. Water dams, electric production, new motorways connecting the entire country is established and starts to work by 2018, the electricity is reduced by 80%, THEN the international community will seriously start to invest. Till then, its the local current economy growing fast, growing stock market and the CPEC. Still more than enough to kick start Pakistan's future growth beyond expectations.

The last hurdle is the Tax base, the government needs to pay off the debt and also get out of getting loans from ADB and the WB, if you truly want to be a regional power. But you as a nation HAVE to take your country there. If ALL Pakistanis pay close to their real taxes, Pakistan in three years will not need loans for Dams, Roads and these kind of projects and can pay off all of her debt in less than ten years. Pakistan has a LOT of potential to grow economically. The nation has to support the system, continue with the political system and pay taxes and enjoy the long term benefits of having a democratic peaceful political system like people do in the US, the UK, France, Australia and all. Pakistan has the potential to beat Australia economically within the next 30-35 years IF the nation works together like how the Indians did it!!!

Pakistan is in the process of procuring military equipment worth tens of billions of dollars. These include,

1) 6-8 attack submarines.

2) Replacement of Type 59s and 69s with a new main battle tank.

3) 4 improved F-22P frigates.

4) 12 Mi 35s.

5) AH 1Zs

6) 2 squadrons of Su 35s at least.

7) G-3 Replacement.

8) Medium range SAMs

So where is the funding coming from? I think that China is funding the procurements as a part of CPEC.

What do you think?
Some of these acquisitions won't be paid or done in one go. Assuming the talk about new assault rifles and new MBTs pull through, I think we'll see incremental purchases over a long period, e.g. 10-15 years.

The submarines, frigates, new fighter aircraft and attack helicopters are likely being financed and paid via installments spread out over a number of years. I think there may be an assumption on the part of Pakistani defence planners that the whole counterinsurgency issue will begin to wind down, thus freeing a lot of resources that would have gone into operational expenditure into acquisition. And this isn't including the possible gains to be had from a more secure and non-war environment (i.e. peace dividends). Think about it, the whole War on Terror mess (from the fighting to the terrorist attacks to the direct losses and loss of opportunity) cost the country in excess of $100 billion USD. That could be the peace dividend from 2016 to 2026 (all of which wouldn't apply to the military of course).

Pakistan is in the process of procuring military equipment worth tens of billions of dollars. These include,

4) 12 Mi 35s.

5) AH 1Zs

7) G-3 Replacement.

8) Medium range SAMs

So where is the funding coming from? I think that China is funding the procurements as a part of CPEC.

What do you think?
I wonder why did Saudis gifted Pakistan $1.5 Billion or so and where did Syrian rebels got their HJ-8 (Baktar-Shikan) ATGMs. If I a not wrong, Chinese don't make them anymore.

Pakistan Army has silently taken over the massive UAE money laundering networks used to finance the Baloch rebels..the money many be few millions..but it is worth...having soo many rebels fighting a battle takes serious amount of money to motivate..Now the positive part is that enemy money is going into the hands of Pak Army and being used to reward the rebels having accepted truce..a true strategy...

Not Millions bro Talk about Billions were captured by PN

4) 12 Mi 35s.

5) AH 1Zs

7) G-3 Replacement.

8) Medium range SAMs

What do you think?

Yaar how much of these procurement may cost ???
I believe if we calculate it may hover around 12 billion $.
So try to check with corruption graph for last 10 years and that is around 100 billion least in every single institution so if we ad them it may become around 150 to 200 Billion US$. So our strategy is we are fairly squeezing those who were involved and probably going to retrieve more than 50% from which we will spend 50% for defence spendings and that would be 50 Billion $s :azn::lol::enjoy:. Ab nahin pochna kay paisa kahan say away ga sub bata dia hai tumhain. Bus ab new list taiyaar kero kay kiya khareedna hai after all we got 50 Billion $s we should be on a shopping spree :girl_wacko::victory1:.

4) 12 Mi 35s.

5) AH 1Zs

7) G-3 Replacement.

8) Medium range SAMs

What do you think?
money china and russia have to manage themself if they want to get throw warm waters. if they asking us favour... no surprise if we ask the fav back..this business route is worth billions I mean much more then some su35or f35. just we need to play our cards smartly. we can have these toys even for exchange of trasit fee.it was russian dream to reach the warm waters. for that took his 50 years and pay very havy cost too. for that dream they broken in to pieces. so we should not worry abt the money. we should be worry abt idiots we have in Islamabad office

Back
Top Bottom