What's new

Pakistan's exports to India may reach $1 billion

If relationship between two improves..Pakistan has great potential to export its skilled IT professionals to India...the remittance will be in billions...also, we can trade in our own currency rather than using dollars..Indian auto and telecom giants can setup units in Pakistan generating huge employment...there is lot of potential but we are stuck in something called as Kashmir...

Its not just kashmir there are dozens of other things. The war is ideological . Even if kashmir is solved tommorow there will be no peace between the two . Its a vicious cycle

India is already benefiting from $ 5 billion that Pakistanis sends to India. Almost $ 14 billion in 3 years .

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ttances-over-3-years/articleshow/51178634.cms

Pakistan needs to maintain a balanced trade through regulations and duties. Normally Indian products are substandard so anti dumping and higher import duties can balance it out.

a) You dont counter substandard quality by anti-dumping measures like duties (those apply to countering export subsidisation from the country making the said product and often subject to WTO legislation)

b) India now exports cars to Japan, who have some of the highest import standard regulations in the world. Like with Chinese production of goods, India competes on a large profile of pricepoints....you get what you pay for. There is no lumping of all of them as substandard I am afraid.

In 2015, India exported 2 billion dollars worth of goods (officially and directly) to Pakistan and imported 450 million worth from Pakistan in same fashion. Source: http://comtrade.un.org/data/

Actual trade is much higher since it is routed through the UAE and other places because Pakistan wont give MFN status to India.
how much does Pakistan export to its othr neighbours?

how much does Pakistan export to its othr neighbours?

The estimates from what I have read put the indirect trade at roughly 2 or even 3 times that which is done officially and directly. So somewhere in the range of 4 - 6 billion dollars worth of trade is routed inefficiently through dubai mostly, adding mostly to Pakistan consumer bill since the trade is skewed overall in India's favour largely here too.

As for Pakistans exports to other neighbors let me check really quickly and get back to you.

Ok here we go:

Pakistan Iran Trade (2014....2015 data is not published)

Pakistan exported 43 million, imported 186 million

Pakistan Afghanistan Trade (2014....2015 data is not published)

Pakistan exported 1.9 billion and imported 400 million

Pakistan China Trade (2014....2015 data is not published)

Pakistan exported 2.3 billion and imported 9.6 billion

Last edited:
The estimates from what I have read put the indirect trade at roughly 2 or even 3 times that which is done officially and directly. So somewhere in the range of 4 - 6 billion dollars worth of trade is routed inefficiently through dubai mostly, adding mostly to Pakistan consumer bill since the trade is skewed overall in India's favour largely here too.
i meant how much does Pak exprt to china,Iran,Afghanistan?

Pakistan stops our medicine , automobile and IT/Communication giants from entering in Pakistani Market. We have a higher hand in these things.

Meanwhile we openly accept Pakistani Cement and Textiles which the produce more than their needs of domestic consumption.

India should for safe guarding its industries should stop import of Pakistani Cement and Pakistani textiles untill they allow Indian Automobiles, Communication and Medicine giants in Pakistani market.

can u pls provide some authentic source to prove your allegation? I know, we cant compare our products and services with Japan, Germany and US...but we are much much better than China and many others..

Chinese product has both higher quality and lower quality.I don't know where is your confidence from by saying that Indian commodity is better than Chinese.You think customers are blind all over the world?India has a long way ahead to become an strong Industrialized country.I am a busienssman doing international business and sell a lot of machines to India and I know something about your level.Actually as Chinese,we definitely appreciate IT industry,pharmaceutical ,demographic advantage and English level in India.
Please don't send the likes of derogatory comments and it is not helpful and useful.
If you could supply better service,you must sell the product firstly.Or else,it is nonsense.

Chinese product has both higher quality and lower quality.I don't know where is your confidence from by saying that Indian commodity is better than Chinese.You think customers are blind all over the world?India has a long way ahead to become an strong Industrialized country.I am a busienssman doing international business and sell a lot of machines to India and I know something about your level.Actually as Chinese,we definitely appreciate IT industry,pharmaceutical ,demographic advantage and English level in India.
Please don't send the likes of derogatory comments and it is not helpful and useful.
If you could supply better service,you must sell the product firstly.Or else,it is nonsense.

Both countries have a large broad spectrum of pricepoint/quality production ratios. China had a roughly 10 year lead so there is about a 10 year lag overall in economic consumption/production per capita and a better overall human capital quality throughout the process so far....but the strategies are the same.

I agree there are many quality products Chinese are making now (I work in the aircraft engine industry and my company has facilities in China which I have been to)....and you will often find the price is not so different from the products made in Japan, Europe, US etc when you account for the still cheaper skilled labour in China. Its the same reason as India, and the trajectories are roughly the same.

But certain people only have a certain exposure to Chinese products still and a better exposure to certain products from their own country....so sometimes there is going to be a statement like that. You do not need to take it too seriously because the penetration of Chinese higher end products has only just started (from the reference of foreign consumers) as its economic profile transitions to the higher margins needed for that top end RnD + production investment.

Both countries have a large broad spectrum of pricepoint/quality production ratios. China had a roughly 10 year lead so there is about a 10 year lag overall in economic consumption/production per capita and a better overall human capital quality throughout the process so far....but the strategies are the same.

I agree there are many quality products Chinese are making now (I work in the aircraft engine industry and my company has facilities in China which I have been to)....and you will often find the price is not so different from the products made in Japan, Europe, US etc when you account for the still cheaper skilled labour in China. Its the same reason as India, and the trajectories are roughly the same.

But certain people only have a certain exposure to Chinese products still and a better exposure to certain products from their own country....so sometimes there is going to be a statement like that. You do not need to take it too seriously because the penetration of Chinese higher end products has only just started (from the reference of foreign consumers) as its economic profile transitions to the higher margins needed for that top end RnD + production investment.

Thanks for your professional reply.:smitten:

If relationship between two improves..Pakistan has great potential to export its skilled IT professionals to India...the remittance will be in billions...also, we can trade in our own currency rather than using dollars..Indian auto and telecom giants can setup units in Pakistan generating huge employment...there is lot of potential but we are stuck in something called as Kashmir...

why should we send our skilled people to india when there are many other countries which offer more money then indian cheap market.

In addition, I want to say that I have a good customer from Panipat Haryana.He is intelligent and industrious.I could feel the vigorous development in India within years since Modi took office,especially for the private company.They crave for development and could bear the unpleasant things and move forward by any way without complaint.Indian young people is the most important role in the development.Frankly as that Indian friend said,China has many private enterprises of bigger and smaller and It is easier to meet problematic deal and worse after-sales service.But sometimes it depends.We really appreciate this kind of criticism and that could make Chinese goods and mangement better in the future.

In addition, I want to say that I have a good customer from Panipat Haryana.He is intelligent and industrious.I could feel the vigorous development in India within years since Modi took office,especially for the private company.They crave for development and could bear the unpleasant things and move forward by any way without complaint.Indian young people is the most important role in the development.Frankly as that Indian friend said,China has many private enterprises of bigger and smaller and It is easier to meet problematic deal and worse after-sales service.But sometimes it depends.We really appreciate this kind of criticism and that could make Chinese goods and mangement better in the future.

Yes I agree, the new government is better now and it should be around for quite some time.

China is improving its soft power and its people are getting better trained in English and other languages so its only a matter of time till such after-sales support and social business networking is improved on an international level. Just like the skilling and training of labour in India for manufacturing is now expanding and improving.

When I visited China last year for my work (Chengdu), I could tell its a different China from when I visited as a kid long time ago (when I visited with family to Shenzhen since we lived in Hong Kong)....the quality of the lower consumer businesses, restaurants and shops was quite good. The trickle down wealth is definitely turned into a larger flow in China....and people are not so scared/reluctant to interact with foreigners like before (more confidence etc.) China is going to play a bigger and bigger role in India through more private company and business contact....Haier, Xiaomi and other brands are huge here and they are investing more in building up Indian capacity for production...just like they did in China.

These next 10 or so years will be very interesting because there is a big manufacturing push in India and China has a large overcapacity of production in many areas....so we may see full scale transfer of various capital good hardware as China improves its services/consumption and India improves its industrial capacity and they can mutually benefit in this transition (like say Indian branch of a Chinese company handles more of the after sales etc....and this helps to fund the transfer Chinese capital machinery that may be idle/underworked to an Indian production line in the years to come). At least thats my theory on what will start to happen in a big way soon, we will have to see. Exchange our advantage/surplus of our services capacity for your advantage/surplus in manufacturing....and everyone benefits and becomes more balanced/prosperous.

Back
Top Bottom