What's new

Pakistan's Energy & Water - News and Updates

What is the loadshedding situation for you guys?

In Islamabad, it didn't go for three straight days when it rained (over the weekend), and before and after that, it was only one hour all day, i.e one hour loadshedding in 24 hours (around 2 PM).

So what's the situation like in other parts of the country?
@Leader, @Jazzbot, @AstanoshKhan, @hasnain0099, @cb4, @darkinsky etc.

Terrible situation in Lahore, especially in my area. Usually its like one hour loadshedding after one hour of electricity from 9am to 5pm, after that the light stays till next morning 9am. But since past 3 days, loadshedding is happening throughout the night, even in Sehri time also.

Last edited by a moderator:

In Islamabad, it didn't go for three straight days when it rained (over the weekend), and before and after that, it was only one hour all day, i.e one hour loadshedding in 24 hours (around 2 PM).

Its fairly good in my area now, 6 hours maximum.

Terrible situation in Lahore, especially in my area. Usually its like one hour loadshedding after one hour of electricity from 9am to 5pm, after that the light stays till next morning 9am. But since past 3 days, loadshedding is happening throughout the night, even in Sehri time also.

Yeah I heard some parts are facing the usual every alternative hour loadshedding...

Since I live in a rural area the situation here is quite good as compared to it was a month ago. You can't really tell how much is the total hours of LS. Sometimes the light stays straight for 8 Hrs but if I've to give it a wild guess then I think it happens for 3 - 4 Hours on a 24 Hours basis. In the urban areas there has been no LS at all for over 4-days now.

mate we have seen worst 20 hour loadshedding for months, so you have no idea how relaxing this state is.

Yes, I know what you mean. That was my point actually, that we are so used to worse things that even an improvement that most others in the world would regard as horrible but we are grateful for. The reason I point this out is that we should hold our government accountable for 24/7 power supplies.

Yes, I know what you mean. That was my point actually, that we are so used to worse things that even an improvement that most others in the world would regard as horrible but we are grateful for. The reason I point this out is that we should hold our government accountable for 24/7 power supplies.

the energy policy they showed yesterday states that electricity supply will meet its demand by the end of 2017, right before the elections.. but no future plans to meet the energy demand of 2030.

the energy policy they showed yesterday states that electricity supply will meet its demand by the end of 2017, right before the elections.. but no future plans to meet the energy demand of 2030.

That policy will fail. The rate of increase in total demand and the resources needed to meet them will make sure of that failure.

That policy will fail. The rate of increase in total demand and the resources needed to meet them will make sure of that failure.

well I dont know about that but I hope they do whatever it takes to solve not only the current crisis but also the expected future demand.

well I dont know about that but I hope they do whatever it takes to solve not only the current crisis but also the expected future demand.

Our power demand has a doubling time of less than 10 years due to population growth, increasing urbanization and more luxuries. Can we meet that? If so, how?

Our power demand has a doubling time of less than 10 years due to population growth, increasing urbanization and more luxuries. Can we meet that? If so, how?

I dont know... but they should sort out by developing proactive plan of action.. hydro is the only way forward, thats for sure.

I dont know... but they should sort out by developing proactive plan of action.. hydro is the only way forward, thats for sure.

Whatever form of energy we use, we need to add about 2000MW of new generation every year on average, year after year, without circular debt. Can you see how that would be possible at all?

Whatever form of energy we use, we need to add about 2000MW of new generation every year on average, year after year, without circular debt. Can you see how that would be possible at all?

Apparently with this pace of performance and will of the governments, to tackle the situation, NO.

Back
Top Bottom