What's new

Pakistan's Education system | Reforms & Upgrades.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/current-events-social-issues/64481-busting-pakistans-madrassa-myth.html

not many people go to madrassa system and even those who do are not necessary involved in terrorist activities. there are only few ideological madrassas which need to be looked into. many of those who are involved in radical activities are those who were unemployed with no social prospects. they were given both sense of power and monetary benefit which lured them into such activities.

many of those who send their children to typical madrassa are those who cannot afford to sustain their children. madrassa, however, not only provides some sort of education but also provides food and shelter.

instead of focusing on closing down XYZ, we should focus towards improving our existing system through not only efficient utlization of resources but also progressive reforms.

ajpirzada,

With all due respect.. I am not discussing anything about whatever you mentioned here. As I am talking not only about Pakistan but for India as well.. These madarsa system (even 0.1% go) or any parallel education system needs to be shut down apart from religious perspective.

Regarding improvement on other aspects, I have quoted other points there. Request you to look at them as well.

ajpirzada,

With all due respect.. I am not discussing anything about whatever you mentioned here. As I am talking not only about Pakistan but for India as well.. These madarsa system (even 0.1% go) or any parallel education system needs to be shut down apart from religious perspective.

Regarding improvement on other aspects, I have quoted other points there. Request you to look at them as well.

jamaat comes to poor ppl house and asks them to register their children with them........... this is wat u said earlier.

wats wrong with that? they are marketing their facility lik anyother. and they influencing their students lik any other.

looking at the stats, not many ppl send their children to these ppl and many who do are actually too poor to even feed their children. thus they send their children to jamaat ppl who not only educatue them in XYZ but also feed them etc

instead of fighting with them and closing their institutions, why shouldnt we invest our energies in taking our educational set up to poor lik they do?

jamaat comes to poor ppl house and asks them to register their children with them........... this is wat u said earlier.

wats wrong with that? they are marketing their facility lik anyother. and they influencing their students lik any other.
Yes this is what I said not in respect to Pakistan but in my locality.

looking at the stats, not many ppl send their children to these ppl and many who do are actually too poor to even feed their children. thus they send their children to jamaat ppl who not only educatue them in XYZ but also feed them etc

instead of fighting with them and closing their institutions, why shouldnt we invest our energies in taking our educational set up to poor lik they do?

Ok lets not discuss this part, this was my idea to stop any kind of parallel education system apart from religious teaching (Like Maulvis and Pandits) to some specified sect. Why I want to do that because they dont have some uniformed curriculam and Hence such students dont get proper education.

Lets focus for other points. Is your education system is free? Like if I have money, Can I open one college or university (deemed may be)?

In my opinion First of all we should remove the class difference in education system coz in this way we are producing completely opposite views in our society. We must have a common curriculum so that who so ever gets education is not discriminated on the basis of his/her institute..
Right now we have 3 to 4 or even more education systems running in parallel that are generating completely different classes in the society.
For a nation to progress they must unite at least at one point but to this different education system every one in pakistan is so different and confused that it is very difficult to find out even a single common view among the nation.

look 1st acknowledge the # of education systems running parallel just in Punjab
  1. Matriculation Urdu medium
  2. Matriculaion English Medium
  3. Madrassah education
  4. Cambridge Education

I mean when students all coming from above mentioned systems are lumped together in a university after their 12 years of VARIED education then what happen nothing but chaos & coercion of ones idea. Some talk about their Maulanas & Sunni groups (from Matriculation Madrassah) other (from Cambridge) produce a total different scenario; talking about Music fashion...........

So this creates a gap within a present generation & a pupil of one system dont even like to talk to the other one simply because the knowledge imparted to him in his 1st 12 years can't be ridiculed so easily!!

I am talking about this because I belong to Cambridge system & when I got admission into Govt. univ problems come to me like above; you must have a beard; dont be a secular guy; dont quote Pakistan history from Western writers books:blah::blah:

So in conclusion I believe a single DOMESTIC education system must be developed such that we dont have to pour millions of rupees annually in Cambridge hands and also in illiterate Maulana hands!!

Originally posted by Ajpirzada:

"there is a very fundamental issue attached to this. fees in public schools is quite low making it harder to offer gud packages to teachers. end result is u get poor teachers against low wages. but when u will increase the fees then it will get hard for poor to send their children to school although ull end up getting gud quality teachers. "

Can you elaborate?
:confused:

"wats wrong with that? they are marketing their facility lik anyother. and they influencing their students lik any o
ther. "

No, they are not marketing their facility rather they are taking advantage of poverty. I never saw Madrassa people marketing in my area, why? Aren't we Muslims? They know that educated people will not let their children go to Madrassa because you can't learn Science, Histroy etc

Last edited:
Hi,

Gentlemen---thanks for starting this thread that I happened to walk into blind folded.

Here is a recommendations----this thread needs to be in a very visible place---our purpose should be to expose as many pakistanis to this thread---would it be possible to place this thread in a place with the most visibility---the place that everyone wants to visit.

That is the the sticky portion of the air force thread---. Thankyou

Second that. Even though I appreciate that mods made this thread sticky but we won't be getting much views. Education system in Pakistan is a man made disaster which is spilling out of the banks. Mods, kindly shift this thread as Mr. Khan suggested so we can get more people involved, particularly the TTs and other educated people!

I think I am entitled to my opinion here because we have some what similar education system.
First thing as per my recommendation is to close down such parallel education system which is Madarsa system.
While I still suggest there should be Arabic/Persian language course in main stream of education to know the route. Madarsa system needs to have only that much of people who are required to perform religious rituals like Maulvis and Qazis. They are also important for our social system.

Second point as a reform is to have "Right of Education" for all which needs to be enforced with support of Law and normal people. This will ensure that childrens who are forced to do "child labour" in India/Pakistan will not be trapped and even if they have to do such work there should be some way to have education for them.

Third reformation stage could be for an average class to have free education or subisdy on that education. The money could be collected through 'Education cess' from corporates.

Fourth reform needs to rectify current education system in higher education. Stop if there are any kind of student politics are there. Extend the university exchange programs to call world renowned professors/ professionals for performing guest lectures as well as increase students exchange programs for few semesters. Corporates needs to provide more scholarships to those students who studies outside but come back to country after completing education to share the knowledge with fellow citizens.

Apart from this all government things, we can also be helpful for spreading the eductation as in my previous organisation, We used to teach our fourth grade employees' kids by devoting one hour after our professional life.

"I think I am entitled to my opinion here because we have some what similar education system.
First thing as per my recommendation is to close down such parallel education system which is Madarsa system. "

Agreed. We should integrate Islamic studies and Quran teaching in our local education system rather than leaving individuals to madrassa.

"Second point as a reform is to have "Right of Education" for all which needs to be enforced with support of Law and normal people. This will ensure that childrens who are forced to do "child labour" in India/Pakistan will not be trapped and even if they have to do such work there should be some way to have education for them."

Child labour is a very complex issue. My two words--If we force children to go to schools, at least forty percent of them will get good jobs in future. However, during all those school years they have to support their family. In conclusion, either give rebates to the parents of school going kids (less fortunate ones) or allow child labour so the children can help their parents to come out of poverty.

There is a third dimension--Give technical training to the grown up people so their children do not have to do child labour while studying in school.

"I think I am entitled to my opinion here because we have some what similar education system.
First thing as per my recommendation is to close down such parallel education system which is Madarsa system. "

Agreed. We should integrate Islamic studies and Quran teaching in our local education system rather than leaving individuals to madrassa.

"Second point as a reform is to have "Right of Education" for all which needs to be enforced with support of Law and normal people. This will ensure that childrens who are forced to do "child labour" in India/Pakistan will not be trapped and even if they have to do such work there should be some way to have education for them."

Child labour is a very complex issue. My two words--If we force children to go to schools, at least forty percent of them will get good jobs in future. However, during all those school years they have to support their family. In conclusion, either give rebates to the parents of school going kids (less fortunate ones) or allow child labour so the children can help their parents to come out of poverty.
My point is same on this issue but I think this rebate part will again create problem seeing our corrupt system. We have Mid-day meal program where poor child atleast get one time food from GoI. What could be done in place of rebate is to provide a card and provide grains for their food.

There is a third dimension--Give technical training to the grown up people so their children do not have to do child labour while studying in school.
Father of 10 year old is not going to get any kind of education, trust me. They have more important work to earn their daily food. You can do anything with them under poverty resolution but can't do anything under Education reform.

First All, This Thread should be made Sticky In all the major threads like Navy army and air force. so that a person like me who is mostly on the air force section can follow it .

Secondly, As far as Education system is concerened, I have never studied in pakistan but rather studied it sylabbus in sudi arabia in O levels. i have been Informed that The Education On pakistan is not valued in european or north american countries that is why most of the pakistanis and indians as well go to foreign countries when then education is muych simpler.

My personal expeirnce: I finished my o levels from Saudi arabia in 2005-2006. Once i was done i went to study in canada for studying purpose with my family. When i went to school i was laughing when i saw their physics and chem books. all u had to do was just do homework and do well on test/exam and u can pull a decent grade without going to the class most of the time. Not only that, even after high school, i am in the 2nd year uni, and Allhamdulliah i have Pulled good grades and also renewed my scholarship. Now the question is, pakistan and india have a good and challenging education why are our degrees not recognised world wide whereas European and north american univerities that are much simpler have a higher value? My Uncle did Bio med. enginnering from punjab university with great marks and when he came to canada he was asked to do a certificate or a degree for him to get a decednt job with a decent pay.

Thanks!

First All, This Thread should be made Sticky In all the major threads like Navy army and air force. so that a person like me who is mostly on the air force section can follow it .

Secondly, As far as Education system is concerened, I have never studied in pakistan but rather studied it sylabbus in sudi arabia in O levels. i have been Informed that The Education On pakistan is not valued in european or north american countries that is why most of the pakistanis and indians as well go to foreign countries when then education is muych simpler.

My personal expeirnce: I finished my o levels from Saudi arabia in 2005-2006. Once i was done i went to study in canada for studying purpose with my family. When i went to school i was laughing when i saw their physics and chem books. all u had to do was just do homework and do well on test/exam and u can pull a decent grade without going to the class most of the time. Not only that, even after high school, i am in the 2nd year uni, and Allhamdulliah i have Pulled good grades and also renewed my scholarship. Now the question is, pakistan and india have a good and challenging education why are our degrees not recognised world wide whereas European and north american univerities that are much simpler have a higher value? My Uncle did Bio med. enginnering from punjab university with great marks and when he came to canada he was asked to do a certificate or a degree for him to get a decednt job with a decent pay.

Thanks!

i dont know about pakistan. but i can vouch for india

Last edited by a moderator:
Gents, lets try not to get into politics and education, it's a dangerous marriage.

Now the institution of eduction is one component of the "system" which we want to debate about, so lets focus on "institutions" first.

see it is not the institution of Madrassah it self which should be opposed, it is the content and education practiced there which should be challenged.

If at all Madrassahs type institution have proven to be more successful than the regular schools; because they have been able to appeal to local on ground requirements better than the western type institutions.

Keeping in view the HUGE general population of Pakistan, what it seems they requires is an institution which:

a. will take care of their children from morning to evening.
b. Provide knowledge based education whilst upholding culture.
c. Preferably provide for food for the children as well.
d. separate schooling for girls and boys.

please add more, so we can define an ideal "institution".

Gents, lets try not to get into politics and education, it's a dangerous marriage.

Now the institution of eduction is one component of the "system" which we want to debate about, so lets focus on "institutions" first.

see it is not the institution of Madrassah it self which should be opposed, it is the content and education practiced there which should be challenged.

If at all Madrassahs type institution have proven to be more successful than the regular schools; because they have been able to appeal to local on ground requirements better than the western type institutions.

Keeping in view the HUGE general population of Pakistan, what it seems they requires is an institution which:

a. will take care of their children from morning to evening.
b. Provide knowledge based education whilst upholding culture.
c. Preferably provide for food for the children as well.
d. separate schooling for girls and boys.

please add more, so we can define an ideal "institution".

No, Madrassa education i.e. Quran teaching should be integrated in normal education system. On the contrary, we can always 'import' the idea from Ontario Ministry of Education. In Toronto, we have Toronto District School Board (TDSB) and Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB)...
You know why Madrassa system has been a success in Pakistan? One, it is an easy way out for the children and Mullah baradri takes advantage of poverty. You know why do we have unemployment besides the 'system failure'; because Mullah team does not prepare their children to enter in the work force.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom