What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

No. of towed arty pcs (105mm, 122mm, 130mm field) in PA service is underestimated.

Rest assured, IA superior positions in Neelum wont hold back PA response.

Sure !
war-1971-33.jpg

war-1965-58.jpg

war-siachen-3.jpg
war-kargil-15.jpg

war-siachen-31.jpg
war-siachen-28.jpg

Last edited:
Its basically artillery in assault role, our artillery is employed in this configuration for bunker busting of bunkers along enemy DCBs.

Sir do we manufacture artillery like we do Tanks, APCs?
It all comes whether you have the expertise in making of the barrels...they require complex metallurgy, something which our country still cant do. You can judge this from the fact that how many universities of our country are teaching metallurgy.

The most important artillery upgrade for Pak is to integrate UAVs with artillery fire. This has been revolutionary from the Turkish experience.

Its basically artillery in assault role, our artillery is employed in this configuration for bunker busting of bunkers along enemy DCBs.

It all comes whether you have the expertise in making of the barrels...they require complex metallurgy, something which our country still cant do. You can judge this from the fact that how many universities of our country are teaching metallurgy.

my brother I have missed you, where have you been? Are you still a lieutenant in PA?

B/w there are ways around the metallurgy problem. We have some capability if we are now building Al Khalid gun from scratch within Pak. The other is to think innovatively with recoil and recoilless mechanisms building something between a recoiless gun and a high velocity artillery piece.

The most important artillery upgrade for Pak is to integrate UAVs with artillery fire. This has been revolutionary from the Turkish experience.

my brother I have missed you, where have you been? Are you still a lieutenant in PA?

B/w there are ways around the metallurgy problem. We have some capability if we are now building Al Khalid gun from scratch within Pak. The other is to think innovatively with recoil and recoilless mechanisms building something between a recoiless gun and a high velocity artillery piece.

C130s and Bell 412s are already integrated with our artillery and have been very successful.

We may be building tanks, but as i said before, the barrels remains our weak link, its quality of metal, whether its chromed or not, you can judge this from the fact that we still fire, in some instances, famous US Long Tom Rifles (155 / 8 inch)from WW2, imagine their barrel's metallurgy that they are worthy and barrel in such a superb condition that they are able to pour accurate fire on a target. Its because they have got long quarters of life. Chinese barrels have very less quarter life.

Another example is our Type 56-2 Assault Rifle. Ask anyone what happens if you fire 2-3 mags in a row. The barrels we make in no way match the international standards.

Which gun is that and is it still in use in Anti tank role??
Thats M-40 105mm Recoilless Rifle mounted on a Jeep. Previously used to be in our R&S Units. Then they became part of our LAT units. Now they have almost been phased out by BSWS.

you can judge this from the fact that we still fire, in some instances, famous US Long Tom Rifles (155 / 8 inch)from WW2, imagine their barrel's metallurgy that they are worthy and barrel in such a superb condition that they are able to pour accurate fire on a target. Its because they have got long quarters of life.

8 inch M115 or 155mm Long Tom ?

I believe the latter serves museums now.

The latter, until lately artillery officers under training used to fire it.
Sometimes its more to do with how the barrels are tempered rather than the quality of the actual steel. Some processes involve cold treatment and various other kinds of treatment. But I understand what you are saying, point made.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom