What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

in my opinion we dont need more Western AWACS we need more Chinese

4 x KJ-500 AWACS to add to the current ZDK-03 fleet of 4 to give 8

8 x Erieye should cover the rest we need 16 x AWACS to provide 24/7 coverage for each sector North, South, East and West

4 aircraft in each sector with 1 in the air, 1 ready to take off when one lands, one in overhaul and one in shake down mode after flight

this will ensure all 4 corners of Pakistan are protected

8 x Erieye should cover the rest we need 16 x AWACS to provide 24/7 coverage for each sector North, South, East and West

4 aircraft in each sector with 1 in the air, 1 ready to take off when one lands, one in overhaul and one in shake down mode after flight

Protected against 4th gen fighters one 5th gen fighters enters the theater I believe these aewcs will render useless

Protected against 4th gen fighters one 5th gen fighters enters the theater I believe these aewcs will render useless
5th gen fighter aircraft are not coming anytime soon india is building up 4th gen fighters and so is Pakistan both Azm and AMCA will not be in production till late 2030s so these Awacs will stay relevant till 2040 after that we can upgrade them or get new ones the current version is enough to serve fantastic tea to our neighbor's so nothing to worry about.

Are you even aware of the differences between Erieye and ZDK-03? In terms of range and reliability?

Havasoj is i think turkish project, how you think Pakistan going to accure it, no news or interest show by Pakistan and i think its still in its testing phase, i think you may have some lead if you r saying so

Is 3 D20 are enough for now ?
Hi I believe so coz between Pakistan & India air corridor is not too vast as at the moment paf is not going going for much deeper inside Indian territory
Thank you

So much wrong with this post I do not know even where to start.

2 AEW in the air at the same time if more then enough. 8-9 Erieyes can easily do this.

Having just one platform as AEW will make the network quicker and more efficient and make it easier for everyone to "talk" to each other

All 4 corners of Pakistan do not need AEW protection unless we are expecting out of the blue air strikes from Afgganistan and Iran

What you are suggesting will give Pakistan the second largest AEW fleet in the world and will be a needless drain on men, money and equipment. More AEW planes then actual fighter squadrons is insanity,

So much wrong with this post I do not know even where to start.

2 AEW in the air at the same time if more then enough. 8-9 Erieyes can easily do this.

Having just one platform as AEW will make the network quicker and more efficient and make it easier for everyone to "talk" to each other

All 4 corners of Pakistan do not need AEW protection unless we are expecting out of the blue air strikes from Afgganistan and Iran

What you are suggesting will give Pakistan the second largest AEW fleet in the world and will be a needless drain on men, money and equipment. More AEW planes then actual fighter squadrons is insanity,
When people are not aware of operational limitations, and SOP's, such comments are made.

Last edited:
Don't remember exactly, a few years back. On its way to Afgh poor guy got lost, and was shown the way.

Btw, not just one incident, they test our systems and scramble times, more often than one would imagine.
That is news to me and gives me hope. And after humiliation of Abottabad raid we should keep all our borders fully covered with all kinds of defenses

Havasoj is i think turkish project, how you think Pakistan going to accure it, no news or interest show by Pakistan and i think its still in its testing phase, i think you may have some lead if you r saying so

Is 3 D20 are enough for now ?

I dont have a lead, just a logical assumption really. Realistically, we either have Europe or Turkey for our new EW platforms(when we need them). I am unsure about the offerings from Europe since i cant recall anything off the top of my head. However, Turkey is in a position to develop the Havasoj and export it reasonably freely creating an opportunity for Pakistan to be able to purchase a next gen EW platform. We are building our infrastructure around Turkish communications/ew systems, logically it makes sense to go for the Havasoj next.

As of now i think 3 DA20 are sufficient since we arent really using them for anything besides high risk operations, of course, we could always do with more but it should be sufficient for now

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom