What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Brothers,
"KJ-2000 or KJ-200"
is Chines + Pakistan joint adventure or just only we are buying this thing from china?

Brothers,
"KJ-2000 or KJ-200"
is Chines + Pakistan joint adventure or just only we are buying this thing from china?

Well bro to me it will be same as JF-17 Thunder, we all know PAF did evaluate KJ-2000 some years ago but i have no info about how PAF found this plane.

As far as new chinese AEW system is concerned I think PAF will be telling what they want and Chinese will built a custom build plane for PAF on order.

9f8670834b7d9242968a8b70a9f411ab.jpg

Friends/Brothers,

Could some please inform when the first ERIE AWACS would arrive? If my memory serves correctly, it was suppose to be by Aug-Sept. 09. Any news on it, please?

I think by end of 2009 means some time in between Oct - Dec 2009. So let's wait and see

Brother are you sure that we are getting KJ-200 only official name came to surface is ZDK-03 now i don't know for sure what it is actually? A KJ-2000 or KJ-200... can you give me any source, just to educate myself.

Thanks in advance.

yes we are, we are getting the KJ200 and system and are also involved in its development! for ZDK part, ZDK-03 is the name for pakistani KJ200, they are both the same. we will call it ZDK while chines call it KJ200!
i hope you get it,,
actually, ZDK is the KJ200 upgraded and modified by help of PAC people according to requirments of PAF!
regards!

Last edited:
ya we are, we are getting the KJ200 and system is being developed as a joint venture of PAkistan and china. it is not that we are only buying it from them but we will also be giving lots of input!!

regards!

OK .... Now can i ask for a source brother. Just for confirmation.

here you go with the news:

Pakistan Air Force: Preparing for next decade

After facing sanctions for almost decade and half Pakistan air force is sharpening its teeth and building powerful muscles through the fast track introduction of advance technologies to reduce the to effectively counter any Indian aggression from its rival Indian air force. Pakistan air force has purchased four Ilyushin Il-78 MKP-90 Midas with 105.7 tonnes (232,540 lb) transferable fuel. PAF IL-78 MKP-90s are new-build aircraft. Pakistan has ordered the IL-78M airframes and PS-90A engines from Uzbekistan's TAPO and these aircrafts are then flown to Ukraine, where they are currently being fitted with aerial refueling pods and the internal fuel tanks that are now stocked up in Ukraine since the days of the USSR. Second major item that PAF has already purchased is AEW&C capability from Sweden four to five Saab-2000 Erieye+ AEW&C and four KJ-200 based AEW&C specifically modified and improved with help of PAC kamra to meet the minimum requirements of PAF and will be called ZDK03 AEW&C
moreover if you want to learn more about you may google it. key words like Kj200 for Pakistan may prove usefull.

regards!

Thanks buddy, No need for google above info is sufficient.

So, PAF is not gonna get any Phalcon style (with rotodome).

no, the rotodome one was the Kj2000 and we evaluted it in the past. perhaps we didnt required it at that time and we are satisfied with the Erieyes and KJ200s
also keep the maintainacnce part in mind, the rotodome type are maintainance beasts!!

regards!

makes a lot of sense... and PAF has this habit of getting best for buck options beside Chinese are always most trust worthy when it comes to military hardware.

and bro, if you really are intrested in this issue you must try to gothrough the following thread, this will surely help you:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...f-ruined-paf-project-says-ex-air-chief-2.html
it have a lot of info about PAF going for KJ200 and its benifits and demerits. intiall it is reagarde that it was not a good choic but as the discussion continued, the thread ends with the conclusion that it was a good decesion to go for a combo of westren and chines tech also as the chines one ninvolved PAC in the development so we did had a great opportuinity to learn a lot of things from KJ200 that will be helpfull in future!!

regards!

ya, there system may not be not as reliable as the westren ones in some case but there friendship and relation with us is real trust worthy!

regards!

Back
Top Bottom