What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Last time I remember, it was said that lot of upgrade was done. Only @araz brought the argument of AESA. But I agree that it doesn't seems plausible to station for 18 months and nothing changed.

I have moved posts here for the relevancy of discussion.

I don't think AESA tech for close ally is that sensitive. As long as China send PLA personnel to station in Pakistan the same way US monitors F-16 use and even who accesses it. Lol they guard a bloody F-16 like it is the Roswell spacecraft.

I don't think Pakistan would be selling China out that way at all and if there are leaks of sorts it would be down to individual rather than systemic issue.

So I do not think the KE would have been in China for 18 months doing nothing and Pakistan letting it sit there without an answer. It would receive upgrades but what level is a question we don't know. This electronic stuff is more secretive than revealing shape of new stealth drones, fighters, and bombers to be honest. It is the most important aspect of modern warfare so it is understandable some may think absolute top shelf AESA and EW technology is too sensitive to put on a foreign aircraft. But AESA itself has levels of technology and it has been in use and development in China for over 20 years now (starting during development of KJ-2000 and Type 346) and more than three generations of AWACS, EW, AEWC technology have been done. Pakistan probably won't receive the latest that PLA uses due to security principle alone but it can and should have AESA at least.

So for example sensitive and latest in use subsystem equipment level would be onboard these sorts of aircraft that are China's first line of defence against powerful USA.

1643372132299.png

1643372193140.png

1643372210890.png

The sigint, elint, magnetic anomaly detector systems, and communication equipment used on these sorts of electronic networkers and situation awareness platforms. Or even KJ-200, KJ-500, KJ-600, Y-9G, Y-9XZ etc.

May
Bhai.
Iam happy to accept the later explanation. I dont think it was upgraded asotherwise the rest of them would have gone over by now. However the manufacturers spent 18 months to decide it was not worth it? Still it is the most plausible along with cost vs benefit exercise. There may have been other issues.
Anyways onwards and upwards. It seems PAF has gone down the Erieye route with more platforms.

Kind regards
A
May be some major defects that need sort out in time then retesting .. no updates at all

So why did ZDK-03 lead the AWACS flypast?? Does this mean that it is now more advanced than Saab and hence the primary AEW&CS asset??
1648209988225.jpg

Karakoram Eagle - AWACS

1651094722651.png

The aircraft is capable of detecting hostile aerial and sea surface targets at long ranges irrespective of their height. It was inducted into the PAF’s No 4 Squadron - "The Predators"
With its induction, Pakistan air defence is now able to look deeper.

Back
Top Bottom