What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

AWACS is merely a force multiplier......in the end it goes down to the capabilities of the aircraft, the performance of the pilot, and the ability to counter counter-measures

as our doctrine entails a potent PAF with defensive capabilties (as well as offensive defence) i would say we are on the right track.

It truly amazes people how despite limited resources we have managed to maintain a potent fleet, with many upcoming aircrafts to be inducted.

We have MoU with Republic of Turkey in armed UAVs production. I hope for many good things to materialize in this regard. We do plan to induct UAV squadron soon as well, and this will be invaluable asset.

Hi,

Your aircraft should be able to take the war to the enemy on their turf. If your aircraft cannot do just that basic----the game is lost right from day one.

The nemey needs to be kept busy in their backyard most of the time---once they get into your enclave and we think that we can defend ourselves---well think again---we already lost the initiative when the enemy crossed into our skies.

The bottomline is that the paf will have to be an offensive fighting force all the time---the defncive mentality is a loser's mentality.

The aircraft should be able to get data from the awacs and act upon the information.

Air warfare is a totally differnt beast in its nature---one who takes the initiative and succeeds in it---gets the upper hand.

In the air combat between pakistan and india---everything will depend upon how many SU 30's, m2k's and jaguars the pak millitary can down in the first 3 days of the battle---the numbers of downed SU 30's will shape the outcome of the battle.

Hi,

Your aircraft should be able to take the war to the enemy on their turf. If your aircraft cannot do just that basic----the game is lost right from day one.

The nemey needs to be kept busy in their backyard most of the time---once they get into your enclave and we think that we can defend ourselves---well think again---we already lost the initiative when the enemy crossed into our skies.

The bottomline is that the paf will have to be an offensive fighting force all the time---the defncive mentality is a loser's mentality.

The aircraft should be able to get data from the awacs and act upon the information.

Air warfare is a totally differnt beast in its nature---one who takes the initiative and succeeds in it---gets the upper hand.

In the air combat between pakistan and india---everything will depend upon how many SU 30's, m2k's and jaguars the pak millitary can down in the first 3 days of the battle---the numbers of downed SU 30's will shape the outcome of the battle.

mastan Khan.
My friend i think your assumptions are not realistic. PAF has always been and with regards to India always will remain a defensive force. As i have understood from sifting the dust on many fora over the yrs, in order to be an offensive force you need to have an AF that is larger and better equipped than the enemy. You will always loose more aircrafts to the enemy playing the offensive role. we just do not have the numbers to be doing that. The second thing is if you are going to use your aircrafts in the nemy backyard, why bother with cruise missiles and other missiles? At no time in all the wars in the subcontinent have PAF operated their aircrafts beyond 200miles into enemy airspace.With our current strength and equipment, this is going to remain the case.
i have also heard your argument about how the AF pilots are trained and fed to fight for their country and they should do so. the answer is , they will do so if you give them a realistic target, but not a suicide mission. I think we need to have a reality check before we make unrealistic expectations of our airmen.
WaSalam
Araz

Araz,

Indeed we all need to have a reality check---possibly sanity check would be the right word for the majority of the members here---when one pitches a jf 17---a plane not even in service yet---against a top notch plane the SU 30---an extremely seasoned platform and weapons system---I guess under the circumstance, I need some moments of hallucination as well---now don't everyone desreve to have their own personal pipe's dream!!! So what is wrong if I do want to have mine over here. :pakistan:

Araz,

Indeed we all need to have a reality check---possibly sanity check would be the right word for the majority of the members here---when one pitches a jf 17---a plane not even in service yet---against a top notch plane the SU 30---an extremely seasoned platform and weapons system---I guess under the circumstance, I need some moments of hallucination as well---now don't everyone desreve to have their own personal pipe's dream!!! So what is wrong if I do want to have mine over here. :pakistan:

Enjoy your self my friend and have a happy day, and a million more to come:enjoy::lol::D
Araz

Thanks for posting those pics Qsaark.

I haven't seen the pictures of the blue and white KJ-200 before, the one with the 4 blade propellers and "Y-8F200" written on it. Could this one be the KJ-200 prototype that crashed? It has 4 blade propellers while the other pics have more modern-looking 6 blade propellers, which I think are supposed to reduce noise levels. It does not seem to have any EW receivers on the tip of the wings or tail either, the other 6-blade propeller KJ-200s do. It also has a glass nose, unlike the 6-blade KJ-200s that have a solid nose with a white fairing sticking out - could this fairing be for EW equipment or a small radar antennae to give radar coverage over the front of the aeroplane?

Last edited:
Thx guys for the great pic's man i can't wait to see them in our colors inshallah!

I think AWACS is necessary,coz just a few days back 2 helis fro Afghanisatn entered our airspace.God knows wat they had in mind!!!

when will we be gettin them ??

what about the ERIEYE!

what are we currently operating for the AWACS role!

Mastan khan i fully agree with you and by your words paf has to buy a weapon who not only defend but also attack which we lack yes F 16 is ok but JF 17 i have doubts can it survive advanced indian SAMS and SU 30,F16 advanced etc

Back
Top Bottom