What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Consider theirs ours as well IA, lets see who can point out why I am saying this. :D

RSAF thinking of replacing their only 2 saab 2000 aew?

It has to be one or, some, or all of the above. What we would like to know is how many systems?:D

2-3 , depending on past deals, But again, if they were Saab Erieye, why integrate outside Pakistan?

2-3 , depending on past deals, But again, if they were Saab Erieye, why integrate outside Pakistan?
They will be integrated in Pakistan.

Brother, last time I said something on the Erieye, clueless people got upset. This time I'm double minded.

RSAF thinking of replacing their only 2 saab 2000 aew?

No nothing like that, we have very good relations with them, PAF crew has trained the Saudis on it.

Brother, last time I said something on the Erieye, clueless people got upset. This time I'm double minded.

That is a welcome news, so it looks like we are increasing our fleet. It seems PAF has listened to what @Bilal Khan (Quwa) has been saying past few months.

Let those Clueless remain as such. They do not have the stomach or the eye that can handle such stuff. For them everything should be presented in Black & White.

No nothing like that, we have very good relations with them, PAF crew has trained the Saudis on it.

Aww, my bad,
well glad to know :-)

The 160m figure doesnt add up.
There are more than 3 ER systems, unlike what Janes said.
there could be more and then there is the EO/IR's as well which is yet to be confirmed officially

That is a welcome news, so it looks like we are increasing our fleet. It seems PAF has listened to what @Bilal Khan (Quwa) has been saying past few months.

Let those Clueless remain as such. They do not have the stomach or the eye that can handle such stuff. For them everything should be presented in Black & White.

Aww, my bad,
well glad to know :-)
What bilal was saying? I may missed that?

What bilal was saying? I may missed that?

I cant find that thread at the moment but on multiple occasions he has been saying to Increase our AIR Surveillance assets that includes AEW&Cs & Electronic Attack ones like DA 20s instead of procuring more Vipers or inducting any new 4 / 4.5 generation Aircraft, we should invest more in EA aircraft by going for more Erieye / ER & DA 20s.

there is the EO/IR's

Yes, those extra range of other sensors.

I cant find that thread at the moment but on multiple occasions he has been saying to Increase our AIR Surveillance assets that includes AEW&Cs & Electronic Attack ones like DA 20s instead of procuring more Vipers or inducting any new 4 / 4.5 generation Aircraft, we should invest more in EA aircraft by going for more Erieye / ER & DA 20s.

Yes, those extra range of other sensors.
But we need strike platforms too along surveillance things we missing armed drones system like turkey has I hope Govt working on it we need whole network in KPK and Blochistan.

Saab has stated that the work will be carried out in Sweden, and given prior delivery times of around 3 years, it is likely to be 3 systems. If it is the PAF, it would be a departure of integrating the radar and sub-systems locally. Alternatively, the RSAF may be in need of further systems to augment its fleet, particularly in light of the ongoing conflict in Yemen and the need for SAR/EO equipped surveillance aircraft. It also doesn't rule out the possibility of a new customer for the type, not everyone can afford the current GlobalEye version, and the demonstration of the system's performance by the PAF last year was a boon for the type and may have persuaded other small tactical orientated air forces to acquire the type.

Any indication these new Aircraft are the Globaleye standard or just the Erieye?

Is it possible that earlier we received just a single order and this is follow on to get 3 more?
I think, its quite likely that it could be the saudi's, they fly 6 old E-3s
But why would they for saab2000..instead of bombadier

Saab has stated that the work will be carried out in Sweden, and given prior delivery times of around 3 years, it is likely to be 3 systems. If it is the PAF, it would be a departure of integrating the radar and sub-systems locally. Alternatively, the RSAF may be in need of further systems to augment its fleet, particularly in light of the ongoing conflict in Yemen and the need for SAR/EO equipped surveillance aircraft. It also doesn't rule out the possibility of a new customer for the type, not everyone can afford the current GlobalEye version, and the demonstration of the system's performance by the PAF last year was a boon for the type and may have persuaded other small tactical orientated air forces to acquire the type.
Than it is probably a new customer ...i doubt existing saab340 customers will opt for it.

Very few airforces exist that need an AWEC but cannot afford top of the line equipment ..

Infact i cant think of any lol

Back
Top Bottom