What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

We have also attached some sort of instrument under the fuselage of our SAAB-2000 you can observe the bulge under air frames
View attachment 452293 View attachment 452295
More and more I'm thinking it's a radio terminal for communicating with the ground. It could be a station for EO/IR (see Global Eye, it has a similar hardpoint for EO/IR).

More and more I'm thinking it's a radio terminal for communicating with the ground. It could be a station for EO/IR (see Global Eye, it has a similar hardpoint for EO/IR).
Something related to ground station flights which work with AWACS ?

Something related to ground station flights which work with AWACS ?
Yep. IIRC in a promotional song the PAF showed a SOF operator speaking to an AEW&C, after which an AEW&C directed an F-16 to a target for an LGB strike. Could be that...

No news of the three new Saab ordered ? They were expecting Delivery to start on 2017 Dec

THIS?
img_20180207_104257-jpeg.452261

This is a GLOBAL EYE and not our ERIEYE!

In role-specific newer jets, SAR and MARs are put on the belly for enhanced ocean and ground imaging. It works much better and clearer than picturing from above the air-frame. You could also use Sigint equipment or other radars there for even UAV / Missile guidance and tracking. As the computer tech is becoming smaller and smaller, current generation of AEWC planes can do what multiple airborne jets would do 20 years ago.

We have also attached some sort of instrument under the fuselage of our SAAB-2000 you can observe the bulge under air frames
View attachment 452293 View attachment 452295

That's SigInt pod.

No news of the three new Saab ordered ? They were expecting Delivery to start on 2017 Dec

So far, contract for only one Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C has been signed in May 2017 (PAF will order two more). It is unlikely that deliveries will start in just 7 months.

On 15 May, Saab released a statement that it had signed a contract with an undisclosed customer in the airborne early warning & control segment valued at SEK1.35 billion ($155 million). It said that deliveries would run from 2017 to 2020, with the order to be booked within the next six months.

"The effectiveness of the contract is subject to the fulfillment of certain conditions, among others, financial conditions," said Saab. "All conditions are expected to be fulfilled within the coming 6 months. The industry’s nature is such that due to circumstances concerning the product and customer, further information about the customer will not be announced."

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/a...btain-three-more-saab-2000-aewc-aircr-437732/

I thought PAF recovered all the damaged AWACS and have 4 Swedish awacs
or have they got 3?
One was written-off entirely, leaving three (after repairs) serviceable aircraft.

The 4th one - aka the "recovered" AEW&C - seems to be one of three new Erieye AEW&C the PAF ordered in 2016-2017. The first of these three new AEW&C was to be delivered in late 2017. I think this one was delivered and is basically the 4th recovered Erieye AEW&C.

One was written-off entirely, leaving three (after repairs) serviceable aircraft.

The 4th one - aka the "recovered" AEW&C - seems to be one of three new Erieye AEW&C the PAF ordered in 2016-2017. The first of these three new AEW&C was to be delivered in late 2017. I think this one was delivered and is basically the 4th recovered Erieye AEW&C.

Thanks for the reply, so Pak will have 6 after this order and 4 Chinese
awacs.

One would imagine they would want serviceability at a 100% for these assets, which brings an interesting look into how much coverage in both peacetime and wartime is actually planned.

Thanks for the reply, so Pak will have 6 after this order and 4 Chinese
awacs.
Yup.

One would imagine they would want serviceability at a 100% for these assets, which brings an interesting look into how much coverage in both peacetime and wartime is actually planned.
Indeed. I suspect the Erieye AEW&C might even be stationed at SAC to support the No. 5 Sqn (F-16 Block-52) and maritime operations generally (augmenting the ZDK03). If the MILGEMs are signed and equipped with Western AShM, the Erieye AEW&C might also support those too.

Yup.

Indeed. I suspect the Erieye AEW&C might even be stationed at SAC to support the No. 5 Sqn (F-16 Block-52) and maritime operations generally (augmenting the ZDK03). If the MILGEMs are signed and equipped with Western AShM, the Erieye AEW&C might also support those too.
If u remember I told u some time that there can a flight of Awacs in Western SOC . Because rumors were strong .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom