What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

SIR armed forces spend 100 of millions $ on purchasing and maintenance but not spend 10 of millions on security
they 1st need to establish buffer zones along with all air bases and install thermal images devices as well as
Unmanned ground vehicles for security

SIR armed forces spend 100 of millions $ on purchasing and maintenance but not spend 10 of millions on security
they 1st need to establish buffer zones along with all air bases and install thermal images devices as well as
Unmanned ground vehicles for security

I agree we also need to shift GHQ and ISI head quarters out of the city

bro in Musharraf period there was a plan of shifting GHQ to Islamabad near air and naval head quarter
but after him thanks to gen kayani the plan was abandoned
in 2007 the actual cost was 1 billion $ (approx 70billions)
now hopefully cost is now doubled if in future such plans was again started

So you mean to say that all our trained military & ISI are a bunch of idiots and your the genius who is worried about the security of GHQ and ISI HQ.. :)
sir they want to do it too they lack funds that is only issue and after facing a attack if the don't think so than yes to your answer

bro in Musharraf period there was a plan of shifting GHQ to Islamabad near air and naval head quarter

In my view (and I am not an expert) that plan was not a good idea. The site was not bad, but the idea that most of the leadership of at least Air and Ground forces was to be situated so close together in Islamabad created apprehensions in my mind.

One heavy strike could be devastating.

In my view (and I am not an expert) that plan was not a good idea. The site was not bad, but the idea that most of the leadership of at least Air and Ground forces was to be situated so close together in Islamabad created apprehensions in my mind.

One heavy strike could be devastating.

The $1B included broad security plan as well just like protecting kahuta facilities, although it don't cost $1b somehow corruption is always a part of such plans.

what is the status of new GHQ ? any info its long waiting project damn

‘Construction of new GHQ underway’
By Peer Muhammad
Published: April 5, 2011

Share this article Print this page Email
construction-building-640x480.jpg

Pakistan Army has begun construction on a new complex for its General Headquarters (GHQ) in Islamabad. PHOTO: FILE

ISLAMABAD:
The Pakistan Army has begun construction on a new complex for its General Headquarters (GHQ) in Islamabad, despite the army chief’s earlier comment that the army will delay construction due to the financial crunch.

Responding to questions on Monday, senior Capital Development Authority (CDA) officials told the National Assembly Standing Committee on Environment that the construction had partially begun on the site that the army had acquired from the CDA.

Officials said that the CDA has allocated 726 acres of land in sectors E-10 and D-11 and 50 acres in these sectors’ catchment area. They said that the CDA has so far received Rs504 million from GHQ out of a total of Rs703.69 million, and the last payment came through a year ago.

Meanwhile, committee members expressed concern over environmental degradation in the area which had been allocated for the National Park and directed that illegal and unplanned construction be stopped immediately.

Committee chairperson MNA Raja Asad suggested that there should be legislation to check illegal and unplanned construction in Islamabad to protect the city’s beauty.

CDA Director-General Urban Planning Sarwar Sindhu agreed that there is a need to develop a regulatory mechanism. He said that illegal and informal construction was rampant in areas that fell under the administration of Islamabad Capital Territory.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 5th, 2011.

newghq.jpg

Islamabad%20-%20New%20GHQ%20-%20Render%20-%2003.jpg

what is the status of new GHQ ? any info its long waiting project damn

‘Construction of new GHQ underway’
By Peer Muhammad
Published: April 5, 2011

Share this article Print this page Email
construction-building-640x480.jpg

Pakistan Army has begun construction on a new complex for its General Headquarters (GHQ) in Islamabad. PHOTO: FILE

ISLAMABAD:
The Pakistan Army has begun construction on a new complex for its General Headquarters (GHQ) in Islamabad, despite the army chief’s earlier comment that the army will delay construction due to the financial crunch.

Responding to questions on Monday, senior Capital Development Authority (CDA) officials told the National Assembly Standing Committee on Environment that the construction had partially begun on the site that the army had acquired from the CDA.

Officials said that the CDA has allocated 726 acres of land in sectors E-10 and D-11 and 50 acres in these sectors’ catchment area. They said that the CDA has so far received Rs504 million from GHQ out of a total of Rs703.69 million, and the last payment came through a year ago.

Meanwhile, committee members expressed concern over environmental degradation in the area which had been allocated for the National Park and directed that illegal and unplanned construction be stopped immediately.

Committee chairperson MNA Raja Asad suggested that there should be legislation to check illegal and unplanned construction in Islamabad to protect the city’s beauty.

CDA Director-General Urban Planning Sarwar Sindhu agreed that there is a need to develop a regulatory mechanism. He said that illegal and informal construction was rampant in areas that fell under the administration of Islamabad Capital Territory.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 5th, 2011.

newghq.jpg

Islamabad%20-%20New%20GHQ%20-%20Render%20-%2003.jpg

70s style pathetic architect.... better to design something like Pentagon with Star view from the top.... eek tu samaj nahe ati har jaga pe ye ghunbad style kyoo ghusa detay hain yahan kay pagal designer...

project is put on hold / abandoned. i hope they dont construct that monsterosity.

Love the architecture though.

Wait for another Martial law for something like this to be built, or quadrupling of Pakistan's economy - whatever happens first.

A fancy GHQ to distract people from failures on the ground.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom