What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

ok..so here is the problem.....again.

10040 still in service...confirmed...
J.019 still a vip transport and not converted to Awacs.

Lets assume the rest of the three have been scrapped or stored for scavanging...

How do we justify 170 million dollars of spares supply contract with SAAB for just 2 aircrafts?

Keeping in mind that the aircraft itself costs only 12-15 million USD today......
Anybody????

Please read defence industry's analysis. It is very close to the actual situation.

Please read defence industry's analysis. It is very close to the actual situation.
So after a whole year..we can settle this debate with the analysis you refer to?
10025 deemed not worthy of repair and stored.(Or probably J-019 will be refitted with Erieye from 10025 later)
Two others,10045,10049,being repaired??
10040 up and running
and as of April 2013 J-019 still being used as VIP transport/Trainer.

Total bill 170 Million USD..Because PAF sentries didn't have enough bullets in their guns on the night on 16th August 2012

Because PAF sentries didn't have enough bullets in their guns on the night on 16th August 2012

There's not much one sentry can do against 7 or so men.

He did his best and killed 3 terrorists...and saved further catastrophe.

ok..so here is the problem.....again.

10040 still in service...confirmed...
J.019 still a vip transport and not converted to Awacs.

Lets assume the rest of the three have been scrapped or stored for scavanging...

How do we justify 170 million dollars of spares supply contract with SAAB for just 2 aircrafts?

Keeping in mind that the aircraft itself costs only 12-15 million USD today......
Anybody????

if we have no pic video its mean scrapped or stored? WTH sir . we have no pic of some 50 f-16s which are in paf active 100 mirages and 120 f-7s have no pics so ?

Jane's Defence Industry Saab announces Saab 2000 Erieye maintenance contract
Record Infohide
Publication:Jane's Defence Industry
Author:James Hardy, London
Section:CONTRACTS
Countries: Pakistan
Sweden
Last posted:2013-03-22 Saab has signed a five-year, SEK1,100 (USD170 million) contract to support its Saab
2000 Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW&C) aircraft in service with an
unidentified international customer, the company announced on 21 March. The contract includes "a comprehensive set of spares and support services for a
previously delivered system ... equipped with the advanced Erieye radar system and
ground equipment", Saab said in a statement. While the Erieye radar system has been fitted to several platforms, including the Saab

It is clear that there is a signficant diference in the reporting between Jane's and Defense Industry Daily!
Because jane's still says ''one damaged under repair''

While defensedaily article quoted by oscar says one destroyed two damaged....

According to Defence Industry Daily, Saudi Arabia is the unknown customer which signed the $170 Million deal with SAAB and not Pakistan.

Saab’s Mysterious S-2000 AEW&C Customer? Saudi Arabia

According to Defence Industry Daily, Saudi Arabia is the unknown customer which signed the $170 Million deal with SAAB and not Pakistan.

Saab’s Mysterious S-2000 AEW&C Customer? Saudi Arabia

.....and who do you think funded the initial deal with SAAB? ;)

Jane's is far more reliable than defencedaily,so i will go with what jane's said.
Saudia never went ahead with the plan.

Please read the actual article before snipping the actual content of the news for the benefit of your post, the 170 million contract is not the deal in question for Saudi Arabia, It is for a nation with a previously delivered system. Moreover, the serial numbers of ALL Saab-2000's are listed here and their present status as well for reference.
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/sweden-finalizes-saab-2000-aewc-contract-with-pakistan-02377/
Ill repost the article again, but I hope that it serves as a reminder for members to read through before perpetuating hearsay like "SA funded the Erieye Deal"

Jane's data may be outdated on the status of the written-off aircraft.

@Skywalker.
Lat time we met,You asked me where i was on PDF..So here i am..I changed my user name.
Since you are the only person i know of who Physically asked a "Reliable source" face to face about the status of Erieye..
What do you say about the assumption that 1 was destroyed or deemed too costly for repairs and two others were partially damaged?
and that 170 Million contract is indeed for repair of the two damaged ones and for conversion of the trainer/VIP transporter into AWACS.
Your opinion please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking into consideration the original cost of the SAAB Erieye Deal..
The deal was 1 Billion Dollars and now an addition of 170 million dollars.That makes it 17% more expensive that original deal.

But looking at the operational costs...
(Data compiled from SAAB-2000's available specs in civilian role,excluding Parts and labor costs)
The running cost in terms of fuel is very low for SAAB-2000.
It does 1.1 miles per gallon. Current price of jet fuel is about 3 USD per gallon....
So it costs about 3USD per mile...

And the manufacturer gives approximate fuel flow rate per hour for SAAB-2000 as 820 liters...
Thats 217 US gallons per hour of fuel consumption.
Or 217X3= 650 USD Per hour in fuel consumption and that is dirt cheap.....compared to Chinese ZDK AWACS Pakistan got.

It is well worth it to spend the extra 170 Million to keep the erieye afloat as the mainstay of Pakistan;s Aerial surveillance.

if we have no pic video its mean scrapped or stored? WTH sir . we have no pic of some 50 f-16s which are in paf active 100 mirages and 120 f-7s have no pics so ?

Imran...Please tell this to the likes of @nuclearpak who have been arguing for over an year that since only 3 erieye have been photographed,only 3 exist and the 4th doesnt.

Imran...Please tell this to the likes of @nuclearpak who have been arguing for over an year that since only 3 erieye have been photographed,only 3 exist and the 4th doesnt.

i don't care bro. i am at same place where is was on attack night . one of them got some destruction while RPG hit the door of parking hanger . OVER AND ALL .for me

how much a single Erieye awacs costed us without including the spares ?

Are you wasim from Lancs uni Preston and Lahore? If not just ignore....

About your question...read the last two three pages of this thread...its all written there.

No offence, but I don't rely on googling doodling for my info, unlike you.

So better keep me out of this...and keep on living in your lala land.

Back
Top Bottom