What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

I suggest you guys are fighting over this a long time. Ill be taking a trip home and will try to dig in to what happened to it.
Till then, those who believe its destroyed believe that and vice-versa. Lets not waste any more space on a debate that has no end.

its the masacist nature of some members to continue....continue.....continue.....

its the masacist nature of some members to continue....continue.....continue.....

The meeting was chaired by President Zardari’s sister, Azra Fazal Pechuho, as the chairperson of the 18-member Committee. Responding to a question by Ayaz Ameer, one of the Standing Committee members, Rear Admiral Farrokh Ahmad conceded that a Saab-2000 AWACS which was parked at the Minhas airbase was completely destroyed by “miscreants” when the Kamra came under attack.

When asked by Ayaz Ameer to further enlighten the Committee on the issue, Secretary Defence Lt Gen (R) Asif Yaseen Malik admitted that one fourth early warning ability of the PAF was knocked out by the raiders with the ruining of one of the four Swedish-made Saab-2000 planes.

But the secretary defence did not respond to Ayaz’s query about the actual loss suffered by the national kitty due to the ruining of Saab-2000 AWACS

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-2-159025-Tax-payers-kept-in-the-dark-about-loss-of-plane-worth-$250m
@Imran Khan

Last edited by a moderator:
The meeting was chaired by President Zardari’s sister, Azra Fazal Pechuho, as the chairperson of the 18-member Committee. Responding to a question by Ayaz Ameer, one of the Standing Committee members, Rear Admiral Farrokh Ahmad conceded that a Saab-2000 AWACS which was parked at the Minhas airbase was completely destroyed by “miscreants” when the Kamra came under attack.

When asked by Ayaz Ameer to further enlighten the Committee on the issue, Secretary Defence Lt Gen (R) Asif Yaseen Malik admitted that one fourth early warning ability of the PAF was knocked out by the raiders with the ruining of one of the four Swedish-made Saab-2000 planes.

But the secretary defence did not respond to Ayaz’s query about the actual loss suffered by the national kitty due to the ruining of Saab-2000 AWACS

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-2-159025-Tax-payers-kept-in-the-dark-about-loss-of-plane-worth-$250m

so..........!

... I am done with this topic. Discussion should happen either in a knowledge gaining mode or with someone at the same level. If others are too busy with their egos, its no fun. So I am out.

I was done with the topic months back!!! Let's move on...

Yes! Indigenisation is the only way forward for pakistan. And it should make most of its friendship with china. Who knows what the future holds for them. As they say, there are no permanent friends or enemies in politics.

Hope and InshALLAH soon we see when pakistan will also be having Naval base with a harbor and a runway Naval Station with air craft carrier war ships?? Missile shields ??And nuclear capable missiles with multiple war heads which can easily penetrate through enemy missile shields? And to test Satellite control ICBM missiles ? Anti drone laser weapons capable of shooting UAV capability of Drone detection and jamming signals destroy & intercept satellite signals to specific equipment using unencrypted data laser's beam to shoot down a drone traveling as fast as 600 miles per hour tracking the drones with sensors used and destroying the aircraft using a high-powered, fiber-optic laser capability to detect, track, engage and defeat dynamic targets at tactically significant ranges?

You didn't have to write this if you were really done. Second, debate is good. Forcing your opinion on others isn't.
But let's move on....

I was finished with the Saab destroyed/not destroyed thing, your assumption that Saab would have covered the damage really caught my eye. (no I don't have any knowledge of procurement and contracts)...and I quite frankly still don't get it how Saab would cover the losses on part of PAF...the US would cover the losses on the Blk 52's would they?

As I said...I am finished with destroyed or not thing, but we can go on with this contracts issue if you wish...I am not trying to enforce my opinion upon you or anything like that...if it felt offensive to you...I apologize, that was not my intention.

Another sincere question in 'knowledge gaining' mode...from whom did PAF buy those airframes? The airlines that operated them or from Saab? AFAIK, the airframes and ERIEYE system was bought separately, deal was struck with the airlines for airframe, while Saab/Ericsson was contacted for ERIEYE. Am I wrong or correct?

saab-2000.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom