What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Like i said, youd be surprised at the speed with which India's dealings with Israel takes place. They are not accompanied by the usual pre buy hype that this or that is being bought. Its simply bought then the first details are released. But this is something quite important, if IAF makes noises that there arent enough AWACS, govt will get it ASAP.

In either case, the Phalcon deal is already signed and this would be a follow on order, not a new order(you know the difference-no new tender, negotiations, etc, etc), and by the previous deal, India can buy 3 more Phalcons from Israel.

You are right but its called REPEAT ORDER not follow on order in most countries. It means within one year of delivery of goods you can place a repeat order without a tender. However India would be prudent to place it only if the Phalcons and Israeli deliver what they promised.

That is what i suspect the govt/IAF want to do. See the first Phalcon, use it for a year prolly, then go for the REPEAT ORDER !!

Even if India buys a few more.. Just remember the timeframe... How log ago did they order? I think that we can add some time before IAF receives those planes. And I bet newer versiosn will be newer so the old need to upgrade and people need to be trained etc etc.

Whether you buy new planes or add more into your inventory... It is never fast enough.

The first Phalcon will come by the end of 2008.

The timeframe was long in this case because Israel had to mate the Phalcon with the Il-76 instead of their ususal platforms. Then there was the trouble of Russians unwilling to part with codes etc and provide help because they did not approve of this. The Israeli's have done this now, they have experience and the know how to do it. Any repeat orders will take a much lesser time to get those planes Munir sir.

India is a big nation and I don;t see any reason why they are not intrested in more. But the fact is that we need to wait and see how well Phalocons perform. I would be onesided if I did not add that we need to see how the PAF erieye performs cause as far as I know the Greek Embrayer Ericson combi is sitting on the tarmac for three years...

Good for both India and Pak to move beyond the eighties.

I am extremely intrested in how Phalcons will be linked to MRCA/MKI... Anyone? I bet there is something comparable like link16. Thanks in advance.

We must assume that there is. Chinese are building their equivalent. MKI has much of the Isreali, and Indian technology. There is no doubt that proper connection exists.

We must assume that there is. Chinese are building their equivalent. MKI has much of the Isreali, and Indian technology. There is no doubt that proper connection exists.

India is buying a coslty system( compared to its peers) so definitly they might have worked out the operatibilty with MKI. Atleast i hope so.

According to estimates, we will set up two early-warning aircraft division

Thats intresting chiness news and they also have some Y8 and are they deploying any thing news in these divisions

I don't know if anyone else posted this before but I found a website which says Pakistan Air Force currently operates Saab 2000. Delivered in 2007 (web.comhem.se)

Your comments?

I don't know if anyone else posted this before but I found a website which says Pakistan Air Force currently operates Saab 2000. Delivered in 2007 (web.comhem.se)

Your comments?

Saab 2000 is just an aircraft. Erieye on Saab 2000 is the AWAC or AEW&C.

Your comments?

not true at all!

Back
Top Bottom