What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Pakistan is the only customer of SAAB 2000 Erieye.

PAF is the only military customer of Saab 2000 aircraft, while there are 50+ Saab 2000 in civilian use by different airline companies.

And we are not the only operator of Erieye radar system, such systems are placed on other aerial platform and being used by Sweden itself, Brzail, Mexico, Greece, Thailand with its Gripens and recently ordered by UAE also.

PAF is the only military customer of Saab 2000 aircraft, while there are 50+ Saab 2000 in civilian use by different airline companies.

And we are not the only operator of Erieye radar system, such systems are placed on other aerial platform and being used by Sweden itself, Brzail, Mexico, Greece, Thailand with its Gripens and recently ordered by UAE also.

Sir this is what I mentioned. There are many civilian customers of SAAB 2000 and military customers of the Erieye system, but PAF is the only customer of SAAB 2000 Erieye AEW&C. The article above mentions damage done to a SAAB 2000 Erieye. Perhaps it was the second erieye plane due to be delivered to PAF later this year.

What if PAF dun wana to get that damaged one (even after repairing) and want to replace it with another saab-2000 coz after all its not PAF mistake ,its the mistake committed by the SAAB which resulted in damaging the aircraft

Saab 2000 erieye damaged during testing

* the right propellar was damaged during testing

(google translation):...

If only one of the propellars was damaged, it shouldn't be a big deal, the radar arrays, or other parts of the airframe itself would be more problematic.

Out of interest, PAF already inducted the first Erieye right? Where will it be stationed and how far is it away from the border?

If only one of the propellars was damaged, it shouldn't be a big deal, the radar arrays, or other parts of the airframe itself would be more problematic.

Out of interest, PAF already inducted the first Erieye right? Where will it be stationed and how far is it away from the border?

at the moment it is based in chaklala few miles away from islamabad and i have seen it quite a few times.

Things are getting inresting as India have started negotiations for more 9 awacs apart from the three already contracted. ( of which 2 have been delivered).

This would make the total to 9+3, 12.

And also the IsAF heavily modified Gulfstream entil jet also has been offered to India.

DRDO is also developing a similar version.

Things are getting inresting as India have started negotiations for more 9 awacs apart from the three already contracted. ( of which 2 have been delivered).

This would make the total to 9+3, 12.

And also the IsAF heavily modified Gulfstream entil jet also has been offered to India.

DRDO is also developing a similar version.

Well, look at the airspace and sea space they have to cover, they don't have luxury like Pakistan of small East-West and North-South size. Besides Pakistan already has 4 awacs on order plus 4 more Chinese ones. I think even 12 Awacs are too less for India, as their ambitious head of military claims the real enemy is not Pakistan but China in future regional battles.

Well, look at the airspace and sea space they have to cover, they don't have luxury like Pakistan of small East-West and North-South size. Besides Pakistan already has 4 awacs on order plus 4 more Chinese ones. I think even 12 Awacs are too less for India, as their ambitious head of military claims the real enemy is not Pakistan but China in future regional battles.

4+4 for PAF on order. Are you sure?

12 Phalcons from Isreal/Russia would be complimented by G55 AWACs on offer from Israel and DRDO's on development AWACS.

4+4 for PAF on order. Are you sure?

12 Phalcons from Isreal/Russia would be complimented by G55 AWACs on offer from Israel and DRDO's on development AWACS.

yup hes sure,4 from Sweden and 4 from china.
and bro 4 Chinese could be similar to Russian's rotating disc radar.much similar to Phalcon.u dont need to be worry:azn:

and bro 4 Chinese could be similar to Russian's rotating disc radar.much similar to Phalcon.u dont need to be worry:azn:

Phalcon isnt Russian.

And apart from 4 SAAB's can you confirm what are the others in order. I did go back a few pages but couldnt get a definite answer.

Phalcon isnt Russian.

And apart from 4 SAAB's can you confirm what are the others in order. I did go back a few pages but couldnt get a definite answer.

ya i know Phalcon isnt Russian,its IAI product.
it could be this.

or this.(KLJ-200)

there were rumors that PAF also looking for this BEAST.(KLJ-2000)
8ba522a9ef4287d79b689d86f4088ea3.jpg

but its chances are less....then the previous ones.

Right now its officially not inducted as the crew are still training and its undergoing testing. In my opinion it will be based in Shahbaz Airbase, this is the same airbase where Block 52's will also be based. It sounds realistic because they are renovating the Airbase in a major way, i passed through the airbase and there were like hundreds of workers and some very heavy machinery present there.

No because those that are on offer from China are are KJ 200 on the Y8 platform, KJ 2000, that uses the same A50 platform like IAF Phalcon AWACS is only available from Russia. Btw, the older versions had rotating radar dome, the actual versions have 3 radar arrays positioned in a triangle form:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom