What's new

Pakistan's Afghan Burden

@S.Bukhari Leave it bro, let's not make comments like that, there are some good Afghans I've come across too and they don't deserve it.
Yar you know they are living in Pakistan for 40years and enjoy every liberty still they stand against us that makes me Angry otherwise I don't have any issues with any one.

Your own people say that pakistan is slave of america, your jumat-e-isami leader refuses to acknowledge pakistani soldiers shaheed for serving america......

If Pakistan increases its hostility towards Afghanistan, afghans will come more closer to india.....enemy of my enemy is my friend, nothing to do with subservience....remember that Afghanistan has nothing more to lose, we saw continuous war for four decades.....But pakistan should be careful, you people certainly do not want to see karachi and lahore turning into FATA....

Why you are associating yourself with bukhara, a city of Uzbekistan.....do you have low self esteem?

This is where the problem lies, you want to equate with pakistan in every regard but there is no comparison between a stone country of afghanistan and a modern functioning democracy like pakistan. If afghanis will keep sucking up to indians then they are bound to suffer, pakistan will NOT let it continue after US-NATO withdrawal. Remember in war everything is fair and india is our enemy and by sucking upto india afghanis are making themselves default enemies for pakistan. I feel pity for stupid afghanis.

@kushan Any personal comments will be met with warnings, it would not be wise of you to make any more.

Yar you know they are living in Pakistan for 40years and enjoy every liberty still they stand against us that makes me Angry otherwise I don't have any issues with any one.

I understand it completely mate. You don't know the kind of comments I've heard from some of them in the UK. But genuinely, some of them are good people, some of them hold good opinions of us, and some of them live in our country as Pakistanis. We don't want to unjustly offend anyone.

But as for Afghanistan itself, I want Pakistan to distance itself from Afghans and their country.

What I don't get is, you're on Pakistani soil, but can't stop bashing Pakistan for the life of you. This is the treachery of some Afghans I so hate.
I want good and friendly relationships with pakistan, thats why i believe that durand line should be recognized.......we need sea access and you need access to central asia.....
I am not bashing pakistan, i am criticizing some of her policies which are hurting us......as for as bashing of afghans on this forum are concerned, i dont take them seriously........

@kushan Any personal comments will be met with warnings, it would not be wise of you to make any more.

I understand it completely mate. You don't know the kind of comments I've heard from some of them in the UK. But genuinely, some of them are good people, some of them hold good opinions of us, and some of them live in our country as Pakistanis. We don't want to unjustly offend anyone.

But as for Afghanistan itself, I want Pakistan to distance itself from Afghans and their country.
Brother I came across one Afghani guy in our Company in East london who was making fun of our language URDU and Quaid E Azam with some Indian guys and that guy was born in pakistan .

I want good and friendly relationships with pakistan, thats why i believe that durand line should be recognized.......we need sea access and you need access to central asia.....
I am not bashing pakistan, i am criticizing some of her policies which are hurting us......as for as bashing of afghans on this forum are concerned, i dont take them seriously........

You sound very sane here, not like your previous posts, I must say.
We have no problems with Afghans either.

But frankly, most of us have either lost all patience and lost the will to deal with Afghanistan and it's problems. some of our policies are undoubtedly wrong, but what do you expect?

A foreign nation involves itself in your affairs, something HAS to go wrong.

Quite frankly, I want friendly terms with Afghans, but no involvement with Afghanistan either, with all due respect to you and your country, it has been trouble for us for a very long time now.

Brother I came across one Afghani guy in our Company in East london who was making fun of our language URDU and Quaid E Azam with some Indian guys and that guy was born in pakistan .

Yes, I've seen those types, lots of them. Making fun of skin colour, our language, food, etc. you name it.
The worst I've seen is some guy on facebook, who during his trip to Afghanistan posted a picture of him holding an AK-47, the caption read 'Just gone over the border to kill some Pakistanis'.

And i met X.Y.Z pakistani who was making fun of Ahmad shah baba with some indian guys???......you need to grow up, these examples , which might be true or false, have no meaning on online forum

But frankly, most of us have either lost all patience and lost the will to deal with Afghanistan and it's problems. some of our policies are undoubtedly wrong, but what do you expect?

Quite frankly, I want friendly terms with Afghans, but no involvement with Afghanistan either, with all due respect to you and your country, it has been trouble for us for a very long time now.

Yes, I've seen those types, lots of them. Making fun of skin colour, our language, food, etc. you name it.
The worst I've seen is some guy on facebook, who during his trip to Afghanistan posted a picture of him holding an AK-47, the caption read 'Just gone over the border to kill some Pakistanis'.
Yeah this attitude has created hatred towards all afghanis I know there are some good ones but the bad apples are spoiling them as well so the best thing for both the countries would be send all afghanis back to their. Country and fence the border with mines so they may never ever come across.

And i met X.Y.Z pakistani who was making fun of Ahmad shah baba with some indian guys???......you need to grow up, these examples , which might be true or false, have no meaning on online forum

It may not be all that important, but believe me, when I met some of these people in real life with shockingly high prevalence, what worried me most is how open and casual their hate was, and I didn't understand it. It changed my perception of some Afghans.

But that's not to say I met some great Afghans too, in fact, my local mosque here is an Afghan mosque.

Kiddo do you wanna see your afghani brother I can give you his address go and put Some burnol on his burning butts and ask him to give the same favor.

Afghanistan had never problems with hindostani muslims before 1947. Iqbal lahori praises afghans in his poetry. Enemies of Both pre-partition India and Afghanistan were British invaders...........But durand line issue spoiled such relationships.......We interfered in pakistan and in response Pakistan interfered in afghanistan......I live in pakhtunkhwa and i can tell that pak pakhtuns are not occupied or some thing like that, they are o.k with being pakistanis so in my opinion there is no point in claiming pakhtun belt of pakistan......Pakistan is a reality and KPK, FATA legally belongs to Pakistan.....once durand line is recognized, our historical good relationships will be recovered again.

It may not be all that important, but believe me, when I met some of these people in real life with shockingly high prevalence, what worried me most is how open and casual their hate was, and I didn't understand it. It changed my perception of some Afghans.

But that's not to say I met some great Afghans too, in fact, my local mosque here is an Afghan mosque.

I think the hate material on internet has made them like this. The Afghan diaspora itself is disconnected from realities of Afghanistan and Pakhtunkhwa. Honestly most of them are quire irrelevant to common Afghans who actually live in afghanistan. Those Afghans who live in Pakistan, against whom all kind of insults are hurled here, are not responsible for thoughts of some spoiled westernized afghan boys.......Afghans are hard working and humble folk, just like your pashtun population.....

Last edited:
]

This exemple does not make any sense.

I'd love to see fences closing down the border (except selected entry-exit points), but there are hurdles:
1- Cost and manpower required
2- Our corrupt leaders and businessmen who need Afghan smuggling routes for their own purposes

Apart from that, I'm also a bit wary of granting citizenship to Afghan refugees even if they are born in Pakistan. This runs the risk of opening a floodgate for corruption. Plus this willl lead to demands from most refugees to be given nationality for one reason or another (regardless of eligibility), further encouraging mass-migration into Pakistan.

~ RazorMC

Do you have $150 billion to $300 billion, massive industrial engineering strength (like that of China!), and political will to do that?

Because 'fencing' Hindu-Kush mountains will require the Chinese strength!!!!

There is plenty of flat-land too on the Afghan-Pakistan border, that can easily be fenced off. Pakistan actually proposed fencing to Karzai regime on more than one occasion, only to be met by diplomatic hostility. This means that it 'is' fencible which is why it was put forth as an option.

And where exactly do you get the $150-$300bil estimate? Simply making up numbers in your head is anything but serious.

If Iran, under heavy international sanctions can find the money to fence its side of the Iran-Pakistan border, am pretty sure Pakistan can do that as well. Where there's political way, financing is simply a matter of negotiations between the right stakeholders. If our diplomacy was strong enough, both the Americans and the Chinese could be persuaded to fund the fencing.

Have you seen the most recent Google Earth images of Indo-Pak border? India has pretty much fenced off the entire border aside from official crossings. India never spent anywhere near $150-$300bil on the fencing, to quote your figures.

As for the Hindu-Kush mountain range, you probably have NO clue about some of the modern motion sensing and heat signature technology available today. Its all about putting resources to where the priorities lie; if our armed forces weren't busy erecting DHA, Bahria and Shaheen housing societies, maybe they'd have the financial muscle to put efforts in to what really matters in terms of security.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom