What's new

Pakistanis, please stop refering to 1947 as a "Partition" !

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^

It's an issue for me.

I don't understand why these indians always lie and spread this propoganda about Pakistan getting independence from india? After all both Pakistan and india were created in 1947. So why not Pakistanis say "india ganied independence from Pakistan in 1947"? Why the constant lies, propoganda and denial from indians?
call it freedom, creation, call it whatever you want WE JUST DONT CARE.

^^

If you indians don't care, then why so many of your fellow indians constantly lie and live in denial?
stop taking cheap shots at us, we have better works to do than to ponder over that issue, if your government removes the word 'partition' and introduces the word 'freedom' , we will have no problem.

Dude, It's called partition because families got divided and people who were natives to India and Pakistan respectively had to leave the land of their ancestors and had to move to a different city, different mohalla, an all together new country and had to survive in the refugee camps for a long time after the event. What kind of independence was that which divided the families, people???? Was it independence for the people who had to leave their native lands to become refugee and be at the mercy of people in altogether new place??? Was it Independence for the families who got divided in the two countries????

If you call it Independence then its your perspective and quite a tilted one...

^^^

It's an issue for me.

I don't understand why these indians always lie and spread this propoganda about Pakistan getting independence from india? After all both Pakistan and india were created in 1947. So why not Pakistanis say "india ganied independence from Pakistan in 1947"? Why the constant lies, propoganda and denial from indians?

Take it with a pinch of salt yaar. There are other issues we should all be concentrating like economy, system, justice.

to make it little simple

Pakistan was never part of Modern India

but ancient India was divided to make it today's Pakistan and India

For an instance, peoples living in today's Pakistan before partition were known as Indians...

I agree with original poster and this is not "changing facts" but the actual facts for people who dont want to be lazy about history. Nobody is saying that Pakistan is not part of the subcontinent.

The phrase 'partition of India' is factually incorrect.

British Indian Empire was dissolved ('partitioned'), and strictly speaking only Punjab was partitioned in 1947 (Bengal was partitioned way earlier). The remaining 600 states, provinces and regions of the empire made the decision to unite and create two new separate countries. Following this India and Pakistan gained independence together from the British in 1947, days apart from each other.

Partition of India implies that Pakistan was carved out and gained independence from India, and that India as a nation existed before 1947, which is not correct. It also ignores the main events of 1947 which include the actual independence and the formation of two countries from 600 provinces and territories of the former British empire.

But how was the pre-partitioned Pakistan known as?

British India? or?

I think that explains my point quite nicely

Instead of focusing on certain events taking place during the partition... lets just focus couple of years before partition

How was Pakistan known as in 1936?

^^^

It's an issue for me.

64 years on, still trying to justify your existence? Post away whatever you have - while one feels sorry for you for not having an identity.

If the Pakistani people would prefer to call it "independence", rather than "partition", I would certainly respect that.

Politics is all subjective anyway.

Look at how Chinese people in the PRC refer to the CPC victory in the civil war, as the "liberation of the mainland", while the Chinese people in Taiwan refer to it as the "fall of the mainland". Depends on your perspective.

(I tend to prefer the CPC viewpoint, given that I am from Hong Kong).

Ya, thats because its two opposing viewpoints. like india and pakistan say we got independence from the british and the british can say they lost their colony in 1947.

But how do these two contradict, that british india got independence and then british india was partitioned to create two modern nation states? partition was not a geographical event, populations were exchanged in tens of millions as part of the idelogical process.

If it pleases the pakistani history writers (?) who have been trying different things for the past 64 years to write a suitable, all purpose, palatable, end user specific history want to say the sub continent was not partitioned, then they can try. but partition is a reality and there are a million dead people who would attest to that if they got the chance.

^^

If you indians don't care, then why so many of your fellow indians constantly lie and live in denial?

Partition was a direct consequence of British strategy to "divide & rule". The idea of Pakistan is less than 100 years old. No amount of self-denial/bickering should distract from the reality that Pakistan was partitioned from British India. India & Pakistan as two separate sovereign nation states is the reality. Move on.

The State of Pakistan was created on 14 Aug by partitioning parts of British India .

The remainder part of British India ( now known as India) was granted independence the following day i.e 15 Aug.

Independence to Pakistan was granted as a consequence of partition of the Indian sub continent.

Either way its the same.

Denial has seldom helped any

This theory is akin to saying after Independence there was no East Pakistan ..but only Bangladesh which existed, which got independence in 1971.

In 1947 India got Independence from British but also India was partitioned by the British and state of Pakistan was created as a result.

Whatever. Being Pakistani is better than being a shaboo bhartee.

Waaahh...Maaza agya...lol..

Yes sir...You are better, and you launch satellites every month..You have a peaceful stable state, with booming economy...Moreover your place is one of favorite destination for tourists.....

With due respect...Delusional world does'nt help. Accepting truth and working to correct them, makes things better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom