What's new

Pakistanis miss the good old 'Khuda Hafiz'

God reads the mind not language.

But we should use the best phrase but if we will not then that also dose not any big matter.

well last but not least............ Allah says in the Quran that Allah has many different names and remember him with his names...

Allah, Rehman, Rahim all are the names of Allah so remember him with any name you like. But Khuda is the persian word of god and not among those 99 Names of Asma-ul-Husna.

Remember him with the best name that is Allah, Rehman and other names of Asma-ul-Husna

Oh comon guyz use whatever you lyk, no big deal, Kudah Hafiz or Allah Hafiz

So, the people of Pakistan realized that it was more religously correct to say "Allah Hafiz" only when Gen Zia thought it had to be done as the society was being made "more Islamic." Does this mean that most earlier Muslims in South Asia were somehow misguided and lesser Muslims?

Anybody should be able to say whichever word he/she likes to use. State and society do not have a right to dictate my words at least.

"Khuda" is a persian word.
What I have learned or teached to say is "Allah Hafiz" is much better than "Khooda Hafiz" Therefore for me ALLAH HAFIZ is the better way to say.

"Khuda" is a persian word.
What I have learned or teached to say is "Allah Hafiz" is much better than "Khooda Hafiz" Therefore for me ALLAH HAFIZ is the better way to say.

they are both the same, except different languages. What feels comfortable and natural, that is what we can count on. if we go by the logic of persian and arabic, then pakistan need to change its national anathem as well as majority of poetry of Great Alama Iqbal, and dont forget that persian has a deep root in pakistan and india, you cant change everything.

The word khuda has plural form so as a muslim we should not use it .as Allah is one .
btw what the logic of digging out a year old thread ?

I don't really care about this pointless matter.

I say Khuda Hafiz but I agree that Allah Hafiz is more apt as a Muslim.

I don't really care about this pointless matter.

I say Khuda Hafiz but I agree that Allah Hafiz is more apt as a Muslim.

We say khoda negahdar, i love it, it is pure persian.

Coudnt care less which one people use. Myself prefer Khuda as it is more close to our culture but if a person feels Allah is more comfortable for him then i wouldnt mind. Also to people who say it is wrong to say Khuda, whats next, all muslims have to change their name to arab names because that is more Islamic?

I prefer Khuda Hafiz, usually shortened to Khudafiz. Arabs don't use "Allah Hafiz," so the term really has no meaning. Then again I don't really care that much.

The word khuda has plural form so as a muslim we should not use it .as Allah is one .
btw what the logic of digging out a year old thread ?

The word "Allah" has its roots in Paganism as do most of the words for "God" in just about every language.

Actually...."Khuda" was used for a monotheistic God when Allah was used as a word for one of many pagan gods.

we were told "there will be a time when people will be perfectionists only on words of islam....but they will have nothing to do with practicing islam and implementing islam in their daily lives.....if you meet those impractical people.keep yourself away from.them as they will only confuse you and wont be of any help in practicing islam."

Back
Top Bottom