What's new

Pakistanis are not contracted troops, says PM

ajpirzada

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LONDON: Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani said Pakistan is fighting the war against terrorism in its own interest.

In an interview with a British news channel, the PM Gilani said, ‘We are not contracted troops for others to assess our performance.’

‘Pakistan has good relations with the US at intelligence and defence levels,’ he said.

On a query regarding the presence of Osama bin Laden, Yousuf Raza Gilani said Osama is not present in Pakistan; nor did the US intelligence give any information in this connection.

Pakistanis are not contracted troops, says PM - GEO.tv

LONDON: Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani said Pakistan is fighting the war against terrorism in its own interest.

In an interview with a British news channel, the PM Gilani said, ‘We are not contracted troops for others to assess our performance.’

‘Pakistan has good relations with the US at intelligence and defence levels,’ he said.

On a query regarding the presence of Osama bin Laden, Yousuf Raza Gilani said Osama is not present in Pakistan; nor did the US intelligence give any information in this connection.

Oh my goodness. Mr. Prime Minister showing spine? That too in the UK? Where did the sun rise from today?

Saying all the right things, and it's not even election time. Or is it?

First PM slap on gordon brown in live Press conference
Second again PM slap on BBC News caster on live program. I saw that program PM talking in very aggressive style. He said "I am not dependent on your or any other country agency. If you have any evidence about Bin Laden in Pakistan thn share with my agencies I AM DEPENDENT ON MY AGENCIES NOT YOURS lol " hhahhahah simple answer of him to BBC and UK

Seriously HOT SLAP on UK yesturday by PM

Oh my goodness. Mr. Prime Minister showing spine? That too in the UK? Where did the sun rise from today?

Saying all the right things, and it's not even election time. Or is it?

to be honest he has shown spine at many occasions. that is one main reason why his ratin has been high within masses.

Talking is one thing and acting is another.

Half the people on Pakistan believe USA is using PA for USA's war. Gilani will have to answer through actions, not words.

Half the people on Pakistan believe USA is using PA for USA's war. Gilani will have to answer through actions, not words.

No this has changed. Most people are supportive of the military actions that are taking place. That is one of the reasons why this operation has been so successful

I think we are we too the money and bailed US out on their war on shameful loss ...

Cost to Pakistan billion dollars loss to our economy 50 billion dollars annually

No this has changed. Most people are supportive of the military actions that are taking place. That is one of the reasons why this operation has been so successful

Sure they support the military. But do they support the brains (politicians) who decide to send the military there?

One more thing. People support the military as it is acting inside Pakistan. People think that it's Pakistan's internal matter. But what about A'stan? Don't people think that we are unnecessarily inviting Taliban's anger by going with USA?

What great insight you have into the minds of the Pakistani populace. And here I thought, being a relatively informed Pakistani with family in Pakistan, I had a better idea of the situation on the ground. How foolish was I?

Also, at least we got words. That's something. These words will be forwarded to Obama, and it is certainly a message we want to send him and his countrymen.

to be honest he has shown spine at many occasions. that is one main reason why his ratin has been high within masses.
You're right. He is not as willing to, let's say, bend over and take it, as our dear Pres. But, most Pakistanis also believe that he hasn't shown any spine against the person they dislike the most, not Brown, not Obama, but Zardari.

What great insight you have into the minds of the Pakistani populace. And here I thought, being a relatively informed Pakistani with family in Pakistan, I had a better idea of the situation on the ground. How foolish was I?

Well, I assume things from what I go through on Internet, including this forum.

Just have a look around and you will see how many Pakistani members, moderators and think tanks think USA should go back from Pakistan. Also, the all time favorite - Zaid Hamid thinks so. I have seen many videos in which common people express anger against USA. But I accept that I may be wrong if the only the videos having such views were uploaded.

Please correct me if I am on wrong path. But at the same time, I hope you have the explanation for Stealth thanking every anti-American post!

Regards, Balance.

If you are fighting your own war in your own interest then why are you asking US to foot the bill for the war. If you are asking for bill then you are on contract.

He certainly is more talented then Zardari, when Zardari met India PM, he was taken for a ride, after that Pakistan decide to send Gilani instead (thats my guess). He is getting powerful by the day and Zardari reducing in power. I think it is in best interest of Pakistan too.

You're right. He is not as willing to, let's say, bend over and take it, as our dear Pres. But, most Pakistanis also believe that he hasn't shown any spine against the person they dislike the most, not Brown, not Obama, but Zardari.

well he is doin the max he can. he called many of zardari moves.
we also need to keep in mind that zardari is not only a president but also PPP's head. and Gilani is PPP's PM.

If you are fighting your own war in your own interest then why are you asking US to foot the bill for the war. If you are asking for bill then you are on contract.
HAHAH seems our indian brothers are not happy with pakistan operations in S.W never mind ..INSHALLAH operation will be ended in favor of PA...peace

:pakistan:

‘We are not contracted troops for others to assess our performance.’

OK, on the one hand Pakistan tells the West, "Give us the tools and we'll finish the job." and on the other hand it tells them, "You can give us the tools, but you're not allowed to care about what we do with them."

Back
Top Bottom