What's new

Pakistani University develops Pakistan's first Phased Array Radar System.

I appreciate your spirits but Pakistan is nevertheless part of this universe where law of physics and economics are the same as rest of the world. Lack of funds will kill any good project.

There were news that at one crazy time when Raja Perveiz Ashraf was PM of Pakistan, he directed research funds from radar research project to BB Income Support Program, and if that had not happened, Pakistan might have been using its own radar in JF-17s today.
Yes bro this is common in Pakistan they use All fund to fill their pockets and for buying a vote

I did not know Pakistan built a 13 story Solid-State Phased Array Radar System (SSPARS) at Clear air force station in Alaska. Kudos to the Pakistani scientists. Maybe you should inform the US Air force on your great achievement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_Air_Force_Station
Take the picture as an illustrative example, newspapers were not allowed to go take pictures yet for obvious reasons. After having done that, apply Burnol sensually to your a#s in a clockwise motion.

Last edited:
My question to all the knowledgeable members on here: How long before we can actually use this technology operationally. When will we see our AD regiments using this home-made tech?

My question to all the knowledgeable members on here: How long before we can actually use this technology operationally. When will we see our AD regiments using this home-made tech?

After a decade at least!

So they developed the technology but that doesn't mean it will be used by the military. Even if they develop a system using this demonstrator, it will have to perform better than existing radars for the military to consider it.

Talent and intelligence w.r.t. education and innovation wasn't issue at all but funds and will of political people that these culprits never allowed nation for sled reliance in fear of loosing kickbacks as well as the anger of masters. The day we get rid of these political thugs, we will be seeing things happening more often, In'Sha'ALLAH. Despite the lack of fund, political will and culprits, R&D is paying more.

Congrats everyone for this achievement that previously NUST did it as well and going to help a lot for further development. I am sure one of GSR radar was sold to our GCC brother in past.

QUOTE="Tolkien, post: 9333137, member: 183224"]Pic:
https://cust.edu.pk/images/news/DSC_0233.JPG

View attachment 387344

Does not look like a phased array. More something my car mechanic might rig up in an hour or two after a couple of beers. Certainly nothing like the 13 story structure in Alaska they used in the story.[/QUOTE]

Sure. Why not.

I mean, "He is Your Car mechanic right. Kuch to seekha hoga apse.

Now Chill, as it's only a "technology demonstrator". not a complete D&D product. :)

Back
Top Bottom