What's new

Pakistani Truck driver's story: What it's like to be a truck driver in the U.S?

£50,000 a year here in UK basic but with more perks . Overtime can make more
HGV driver shortage in UK

I remember when £50,000 was equal to $80,000 a couple years back but now £50,000 equals $56,000 .
UK truck drivers need to immigrate to USA or Canada. :lol:

UK truck drivers need to immigrate to USA or Canada. :lol:

Lol .

With Christmas coming up it’s the time for HGV drivers to make serious money here , 3 months work contracts available but no one wants it as wages are too low .
Last Christmas UK had to import HGV drivers from Europe to keep Christmas as there was a real worry it could be cancelled due to shortage of drivers .
Couple of my mates are HGV drivers and only drive over the Christmas period to make quick money fast .

In italy it sucks only if you work for somebody else. If you own your business with atleast 5 trucks then you will make about 10k monthly wich in italy isnt bad at all, infact making above 5k month puts you in upper middle class.

It's a very lucrative field for cab drivers. I know one sardar ji who came in 2015 from India and have a small business now with 5 trucks in the fleet.

Still great money in it driving 48 i loved it when single and the kids were young but as kids get older i stay in our office mostly doing dispatch but if we get drivers of i still go out love it . But have to split time in UK for business and US . GOT my truck license in 94 when 18 could only drive within California because of age but would drive the northern California to LA fruit markets with refer loads . My dad started as an owner driver now we have 450 odd trucks and owner drivers aswell . I said before the Punjabi uneducated people my dads age made great livings as truckers and set their families up

Yes, that's the beauty because the upward mobility income-wise is uncapped in self-employed fields, including those you mentioned. I encourage Pakistanis to do their business because, if you work, for example, at Deloitte or Ernest and Young, you start at $ 70,000 yearly and some benefits. But in your own business, you can set up multiple streams of revenue that can generate the same amount each as you would if you worked for a corporation. The problem with working for someone else, you never own the business or have any stake in it.

I have known great salesmen that helped businesses develop from scratch, and once they reach a certain income level, they are let go. They are given a pink slip for immediate termination and collect unemployment from the state for a few weeks. The worst part is the business they helped develop they have no equity. So even though you hear about Uber and all of them giving equity shares, remember the big funders are given that privilege, and often in small businesses, besides the partners, regulars do not get anything.

Working as self-employed gives you specific mobility, freedom, and the ability to diversify into different fields.

My younger brother works at Deloitte's Chicago office. What he makes in a month, I make in 1 week in just one of my businesses. I told him to leave and work for me, but I often hear he wants a secure job. I blame this thinning on the education system that teaches you to get a degree, work for a big corporation with a 401K, and get a medical/dental/vision plan. Schools neglect to mention that you'll work like a dog with nothing to show. I was of that opinion as well when my father asked me to develop the family business until I was let go after working for four years for a corporation with a Master's in Finance/Account concentration. I gave him an example of a Hispanic client of mine in the country no more than a handful of years, setting up a lawn care business that employs over 150+ individuals with multiple vehicles across the state of Illinois and driving around a Ferrari while his clients are in a budget vehicle.

My father and his family have always worked for themselves and never for someone until my brothers and me. I remember during a party we were invited to, and around the table, everyone was asking what you do; some said doctor (and they started their talks of making money for a few mins), then some said lawyers and engineers once it came to my father he said I employ all of you.
Deloitte is our auditor lol.
good information my friend will chat sometime
I have recently entered buy to let property business but the current UK government has screwed things up and put a spanner in my aspiration to make it my main income source.

Deloitte is our auditor lol.
good information my friend will chat sometime
I have recently entered buy to let property business but the current UK government has screwed things up and put a spanner in my aspiration to make it my main income source.

Would love to chat, send me a private chat and we can discuss, especially the property purchasing aspect.

In italy it sucks only if you work for somebody else. If you own your business with atleast 5 trucks then you will make about 10k monthly wich in italy isnt bad at all, infact making above 5k month puts you in upper middle class.
Can making €5k per month really put you in upper middle class in Italy? Are you talking about €5k before taxes or after taxes?

Can making €5k per month really put you in upper middle class in Italy? Are you talking about €5k before taxes or after taxes?

5k after taxes.

Yeah, the cost of living here is very low compared to other european countries. There is quality free healthcare, education and the rent is ridiculously low. An avarage middle class italian earns about 2.5k monthly after taxes.

here in australia indian sikhs are taking over the logistics industry by storm. it's one hell of a money printing industry.

Back
Top Bottom