What's new

Pakistani TEL's

HeadHunter

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi) I just want info on Pakistani TEL's ,the vehicles for launching missiles .Are they imported or Pakistan made ?
Thanks

Babur Cruise Missile:
Babur was initially test fired from a single missile TEL but later on multiple tube launch system. The current launch platform is mobile three tube assembly mounted on truck. This motorized 8 x 8 transporter-erector-launcher (TEL) is reportedly a Chinese reverse-engineered variants of the Russian MAZ-543TLM vehicle. The TEL has a length of 13.36 meters, width of 3.02 meters, maximum road speed of 55kph, un refueled range of 650km, and is powered by a 600hp Deutsch diesel engine with all four axles driven. There is a separate 10kW electrical generator to power the missile’s pre-launch operations and two hydraulic pumps to raise the missile canisters to their launch positions before launch. The TEL is supported by four hydraulic jacks during the missile launch. The vehicle was then refitted and modified in Pakistan to fit in Babur missiles.
For more details: Babur Cruise Missile - Database

NASR Missile/Ghaznavi Missile
Nasr multi-tube missile system uses a Chinese origin 8x8 transporter erector launcher. The vehicle is same as Pakistan Army's A-100 MRL system, which in return is reportedly based on Russian MAZ-543/MAZ-7310. A version of this is being made by China and named WS2400 so it is highly likely that the vehicle we see with Nasr missiles system is indeed Chinese WS2400.
haft9.jpg

A similar vehicle is being used for Ghaznavi missile although it carries on single missile.
Ghaznavi-DefenceTalk.com23.jpg

Also Abdali :)

Shaheen Series:
Again, it is Chinese version of Russian TEL's. Shaheen 1 uses 8x8 vehicle (reportedly Modified ex-Soviet MAZ-543) while the Shaheen 2 is carried on a significantly larger 12 x 12 vehicle (Modified ex-Soviet MAZ-547V)
Shaheen-1_(Falcon-1)_HATF-IV_(Vengeance-IV)_Short-Range_Ballistic_Missile.jpg

Shaheen 1

shaheen-2-mdf60773.jpg

Shaheen 2

Ghauri Missile
Ghauri missile system uses a different vehicle for rest of the missiles that are mainly using different variants of Chinese modified based on Russian TEL vehicles.

The Ghauri missile however uses Mercedes Benz 3850AS tractor/trailer (6x6), and a few are 5x5 examples. The Erector assembly is more influenced by a Korean design then Chinese or Russian ones as in other cases.

Last edited:
That isn't the Shaheen II TEL. This is:

View attachment 157612

Oh yes, thanks for pointing out. The wrong image was attached under wrong heading. :) Have corrected it with original pic.

Anyways, the question was about the origin of the vehicles and i hope this is answered now. Most of our TEL are Chinese versions based on Russian Vehicles and in some cases there are modifications done in Pakistan.

Oh yes, thanks for pointing out. The wrong image was attached under wrong heading. :) Have corrected it with original pic.

Anyways, the question was about the origin of the vehicles and i hope this is answered now. Most of our TEL are Chinese versions based on Russian Vehicles and in some cases there are modifications done in Pakistan.

Are more vehicles being procured? Since these ones are pretty old now.

Are more vehicles being procured? Since these ones are pretty old now.
as we keep on producing more missiles it is required that we also do get more launch vehicles. The more TELs we have the more reliable the over all missile deterrence system will be. In a case where TELs are destroyed, 500 or 1000 missiles wont do us any good unless we have enough launch vehicles. This is quite obvious and i hope Pakistani Strategic forces are not ignoring this plain fact. We need a decent number of launch vehicles for each system.

as we keep on producing more missiles it is required that we also do get more launch vehicles. The more TELs we have the more reliable the over all missile deterrence system will be. In a case where TELs are destroyed, 500 or 1000 missiles wont do us any good unless we have enough launch vehicles. This is quite obvious and i hope Pakistani Strategic forces are not ignoring this plain fact. We need a decent number of launch vehicles for each system.

yes, this is why i asked, since the launch vehicles for Shaheen/Ghauri/Abdali etc are different than the ones for babur/Nasr

@shaheenmissile @Arsalan @TheFlyingPretzel thanks guys for your research and contribution on this thread.
And yes I agree the modification idea of launch vehicle for ghauri missile has been taken from N.korea. The vehicles they are going to use for their upcoming ICBM is actually a lumber carrying truck from china which they modified later but according to many western experts they believe the modified vehicle is not enough to sustain the blast damage North korea is clearly far behind in effective delivery systems. I hope our modified vehicle for ghauri missile is not like that.

yes, this is why i asked, since the launch vehicles for Shaheen/Ghauri/Abdali etc are different than the ones for Babur/Nasr
Again, since we are producing Shaheen, Abdali, Nasr and Babur missiles i think it is safe to assume that vehicles are also being bought. They should be!!

About Ghauri, i think the program is not going forward, Ghauri III was shelved and Shaheen was chose instead for new longer range missiles. The range covered by Ghauri is also covered by Shaheen and for longer ranges we will see next version of Shaheen or the reported Tipu missile.

I do not think we are producing more Ghauri missiles anymore. There TEL was also totally different from rest of the systems so there wont be anymore inductions in that. For Nasr, Babur and even Shaheen, PA must keep adding launch vehicles gradually and there must be some rule "X" number of missiles per vehicle so when the production of missiles increases that we must add a new unit, procuring more vehicles.

In short, PA need to increase the number of units/divisions under ASFC.

Last edited:
Hi) I just want info on Pakistani TEL's ,the vehicles for launching missiles .Are they imported or Pakistan made ?
Thanks
Initially they were bought but now they are build in Pakistan

Babur Cruise Missile:
Babur was initially test fired from a single missile TEL but later on multiple tube launch system. The current launch platform is mobile three tube assembly mounted on truck. This motorized 8 x 8 transporter-erector-launcher (TEL) is reportedly a Chinese reverse-engineered variants of the Russian MAZ-543TLM vehicle. The TEL has a length of 13.36 meters, width of 3.02 meters, maximum road speed of 55kph, un refueled range of 650km, and is powered by a 600hp Deutsch diesel engine with all four axles driven. There is a separate 10kW electrical generator to power the missile’s pre-launch operations and two hydraulic pumps to raise the missile canisters to their launch positions before launch. The TEL is supported by four hydraulic jacks during the missile launch. The vehicle was then refitted and modified in Pakistan to fit in Babur missiles.
For more details: Babur Cruise Missile - Database

NASR Missile/Ghaznavi Missile
Nasr multi-tube missile system uses a Chinese origin 8x8 transporter erector launcher. The vehicle is same as Pakistan Army's A-100 MRL system, which in return is reportedly based on Russian MAZ-543/MAZ-7310. A version of this is being made by China and named WS2400 so it is highly likely that the vehicle we see with Nasr missiles system is indeed Chinese WS2400.
View attachment 157591
A similar vehicle is being used for Ghaznavi missile although it carries on single missile.
View attachment 157592
Also Abdali :)

Shaheen Series:
Again, it is Chinese version of Russian TEL's. Shaheen 1 uses 8x8 vehicle (reportedly Modified ex-Soviet MAZ-543) while the Shaheen 2 is carried on a significantly larger 12 x 12 vehicle (Modified ex-Soviet MAZ-547V)
View attachment 157594
Shaheen 1

View attachment 157655
Shaheen 2

Ghauri Missile
Ghauri missile system uses a different vehicle for rest of the missiles that are mainly using different variants of Chinese modified based on Russian TEL vehicles.

The Ghauri missile however uses Mercedes Benz 3850AS tractor/trailer (6x6), and a few are 5x5 examples. The Erector assembly is more influenced by a Korean design then Chinese or Russian ones as in other cases.

I'm so sorry for bumping up this old thread. But it so happened that I wanted to know how much a missile (avg cost of production) + the TEL would come upto?
Google brought me to this thread so I just posted my query here.

I'm so sorry for bumping up this old thread. But it so happened that I wanted to know how much a missile (avg cost of production) + the TEL would come upto?
Google brought me to this thread so I just posted my query here.
Kyu kia mere that per launch kerwana hai ?

Trust me it is more than your and mine saving combined. So how about we both use that money to invest in business:D

Back
Top Bottom