What's new

Pakistani Taliban set 10 preconditions for peace talks

Chalo ji, and peace talks are finished...bye!!!

A snowball's chance in hell for 1,2,3 to happen. As I said before, what will you talk on with the Taliban?

Militant funding is a complicated matter - there is not just one source as everyone believes - they have numerous interests from drugs, to weapons, hijackings, kidnappings, piracy, humanitarian aids, madrassah funds, collections made outside mosques in foreign and Muslim countries...heck, even NATO pays them 400 million a year for safe passage of cargo thru' militant infested areas..then they have various corporations, mineral interests, trafficking, hawala, extortion's etc. - it's a worldwide network of finance.

One of their major source of funding comes from their mercenary services and protection rackets.

Similarly, there is a network in place for weapons and for men.

Damn it they have regular revenues just like the govts.

Possibly so but for now their aims seem more like towards economics, they as a political entity cannot say it outloud of course and need to show a strong face but it seems unlikely. See my article on that on PDF: Testing the closed-system theory on the Taliban: do they need foreign money?

I just went through you OP and congratulations on a very well researched and a nicely worded article - I agree with it, multiple sources of financing that are hard to track and impossible for one single country to control or put a stop to it.

Chalo ji, and peace talks are finished...bye!!!

A snowball's chance in hell for 1,2,3 to happen. As I said before, what will you talk on with the Taliban?

War is always last solution, Table talk is always first and 2nd option....... there are many groups in Taliban,, may be few groups are not willing for this...
Still we should give a chance for Peace talk............

Pakistani Taliban set 10 preconditions for peace talks

By Burrāq
[Terminal X Desk]

Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), the outlawed terrorist organisation operating against the Pakistani State, announced ten preconditions for peace talks, in reply to a Government offer for dialogue.

In a statement released on the internet, including a few social media sites, by the Umar Media, the so-called media wing of TTP, it was said that the Taliban don't want to waste time in what they call is a 'fruitless' dialogue, unless their ten demands are met, before the beginning of the peace process.

Below is the translation of the statement released by the Umar Media:

“In the name of God, the most Gracious, the most Merciful.

Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan is going to present following ten conditions to the government, in order to start the process of dialogue;

1. Collective immunity for all the Mujahideen residing in Pakistan - that the Government of Pakistan will announce the immunity for every Mujahid operating or staying in Pakistan, whether he be present in any area.

2. Immediate release of all imprisoned Mujahideen - all the Mujahideen imprisoned in all the jails of Pakistan should be released immediately, whether they belong to any country, region or ethnicity. In this regard, 10-member body of the Taliban has prepared a list of 4,500 Muajideen and their helpers imprisoned in the jails of Pakistan.

3. Enforcement of Sharia'ah in Pakistan - Sharia'ah law should be enforced in Pakistan. Shaia'ah courts should be established, where decisions are made on the basis of Qur'an and Sunnah.

4. Immediate separation from American crusade war and alliance - Pakistani Government and Military should immediately separate Pakistan from American crusade war.

5. Withdrawal of Pakistan Army from whole tribal region - Pakistan Army should be withdrawn from the tribal areas.

6. Tribesmen be made responsible for the security of tribal areas.

7. Justified compensation be paid to the families of those who were 'martyred' or wounded in Military operations.

8. Compensation be paid to the affectees of drone attacks.

9. A source of livelihood be provided for one member of the family affected with drone strikes.

10. Guarantee of Imam of Masjid ul Haraam, Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais be provided as a sign of honesty - Government, as a sign of honesty, should provide such a guarantee by the Imam of Masjid ul Haram, Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais, that he while staying in Masjid ul Haraam, making Allah his witness, gives assurance.

These 10 demands are the conditions to start a dialogue, which are being presented to the Government, so the dialogue process begins. Apart from this, after the start of formal negotiations, Mujahideen will present their further demands, of which 25 conditions have already been prepared by the Mujahideen. According to some of these demands, practical measures must be taken to handover Pervez Musharraf and Shakil Afridi, and ensure the release of Aafia Siddiqui.”

well i guess we going to have to get ready for action because there is no way the army will agree such conditions, god bless our soldiers and may allah grant and quick victory and cause the taliban maximum number of deaths and injuries.

War is always last solution, Table talk is always first and 2nd option....... there are many groups in Taliban,, may be few groups are not willing for this...
Still we should give a chance for Peace talk............

give a chance for peace talk thn hand over them the whole country?lolzzz
thn there will be nothing left to defend?
you need to start peace talks, with terrorists surrendering themselves, & lying down their weapons, but not with agreeing with terrorists, by giving them the whole country, just to get the dam peace?

thn there will be nothing left to defend?

We have nothing to lose...... We can't afford new war........ This war will not end till 50+ years....... They are guerrilla fighters...
I am not saying that give whole country to them... Talk on equal terms........... If they still hesitate, then again talk and convince them........

We have nothing to lose...... We can't afford new war........ This war will not end for 50+ years....... They are gorilla fighters...
I am not saying that give whole country to them... Talk on equal terms........... If they still hesitate, then again talk and convince them........

1240600_323030391176877_1929043893_n.jpg

they seem resonable to me.... I mean whenever somebody comes with a list of 10 you know some of them are there just to make it 10...so probably they wont mind dropping a few.. :P

they seem resonable to me.... I mean whenever somebody comes with a list of 10 you know some of them are there just to make it 10...so probably they wont mind dropping a few.. :P

Here's the deal- you go live among the talibs for a month and survive and I am sure @Hyperion will personally ensure that their demands are met.

The GOP needs to clearly understand that in their bid to stem the blood-loss and gain a breather they are giving the talibs valuable time to regroup and mobilize specially when this peace initiative coincides with the PA's withdrawal from certain areas where the talibs are simply lurking about in the periphery

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went through you OP and congratulations on a very well researched and a nicely worded article - I agree with it, multiple sources of financing that are hard to track and impossible for one single country to control or put a stop to it.

The great part about that research was that it attacked the root cause of the problem. Money. The thing is that this money is usually dispersed by a third party which takes funding from many different sources which are unfamiliar to the terror outfits. When intel agencies point the finger at India, arabia or russia, it does not mean that the money is directly traced back to them. It just means the disperser of funds is making a pool of funds and then cleaning it of ties and then fulfilling needed requirements of the outfits. This is where the proposal of targets "could" be suggested as well. But the overall object is to let these outfits perform on their own as much as possible to keep links to a minimum. There should definitely be courses taught in our encampments on the high value of finding ties and links to money. South asia is severely lacking with 21st century warfare skills.

Nopenopenope! Prepare to butcher all of them.

Here's the deal- you go live among the talibs for a month and survive and I am sure @Hyperion will personally ensure that their demands are met.

The GOP needs to clearly understand that in their bid to stem the blood-loss and gain a breather they are giving the talibs valuable time to regroup and mobilize specially when this peace initiative coincides with the PA's withdrawal from certain areas where the talibs are simply lurking about in the periphery
both need peace... both side need to talk....

Last edited by a moderator:
We have nothing to lose...... We can't afford new war........ This war will not end till 50+ years....... They are guerrilla fighters...
Lato ke bhoot batoo se nhi mante :D

Back
Top Bottom