What's new

Pakistani stocks plummet over 800 points at mid-day

farhan_9909

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: Pakistani stocks tumbled over 800 points on mid-day Monday, with the market continuing the free-fall it had witnessed on the last trading day before Eidul Fitr holidays.

By 1pm, the benchmark Karachi Stock Exchange 100-index (KSE-100) had shed 843.62 points or 2.78 per cent, at 29,470.45 points and volume of 121,506,990.

The bourse hit a low of 29,435.84 points, coming down from an opening of 30,314.07 points.

Construction and Materials (Cement) was the top traded sector with total traded volume of 47,266,000 shares. It was followed by Commercial Banks with a total traded volume of 17,119,000 shares.

Local television channels reported investors being worried over growing political instability in the country. Some reports said investors were concerned over signs of political instability ahead of planned of the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf’s (PTI) planned ‘million’ march in Islamabad on August 14.

Investors were similarly spooked by the political scenario last Monday – the last trading day before Eidul Fitr holidays – with the KSE-100 index declining by 160.68 points or 0.53pc to settle at 30,314.07 points.

Pakistani stocks plummet over 800 points at mid-day - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

A blood bath today for the market. Though market has recovered around 100 points yet hovering around -729 as of now.

I'm the dim would be really happy. All the wailay and paid supporters that attend his jalsas can hardly bring a revolution. His last dharna in Islamabad had paid peshawaris fighting each other right in front of the parliament building. Not to mention that Kasur rally, where revolutionaries stole the chairs. I pity the Pakistanis who think this dimwit with no general knowledge whatsoever is a suitable leader.

KARACHI: Pakistani stocks tumbled over 800 points on mid-day Monday, with the market continuing the free-fall it had witnessed on the last trading day before Eidul Fitr holidays.

By 1pm, the benchmark Karachi Stock Exchange 100-index (KSE-100) had shed 843.62 points or 2.78 per cent, at 29,470.45 points and volume of 121,506,990.

The bourse hit a low of 29,435.84 points, coming down from an opening of 30,314.07 points.

Construction and Materials (Cement) was the top traded sector with total traded volume of 47,266,000 shares. It was followed by Commercial Banks with a total traded volume of 17,119,000 shares.

Local television channels reported investors being worried over growing political instability in the country. Some reports said investors were concerned over signs of political instability ahead of planned of the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf’s (PTI) planned ‘million’ march in Islamabad on August 14.

Investors were similarly spooked by the political scenario last Monday – the last trading day before Eidul Fitr holidays – with the KSE-100 index declining by 160.68 points or 0.53pc to settle at 30,314.07 points.

Pakistani stocks plummet over 800 points at mid-day - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Sab theek toh hai,kisi ka paisa toh nahi duba

Instead of me accusing of trolling, check the facts...
Check those polls at that time..
I am not afraid to go down the drain, knowing your temperament.
I have FB, Twitter accounts, where I do not have any such Pakistani sword..
Challenge is thrown at you...
face the facts...Or ban me as a coward **** YOU..

Why is it important? Why ask such a stupid question? What does it matter if Karachi's stock market is smaller than Bombay's?

So you are at Twitter and FB. Good for you. Judging by your language, you do nothing but muck about there as well.

Why is it important?
There are numerous such questions from Pakistani forumites...
Do you want them?
I can provide.
Is it a stupid question?
There are more from Pakistanis..
Do you want a sample?

All this just to avoid a simple question. Again, why wonder that Karachi stock market is smaller than Bombay's? Why is that important. Are you that dumb that you can not understand by yourself and someone has to tell you the answer?

You as a moderator jumped upon me as a KAFIR, because I am..
An innocent question like why is an A smaller than B

And you assumed my character on Twitter and FB to be detrimental?
Because of shik?
Do you even know my account info?
Stop your aggression towards me to be fair..
Other than that - ban me to be a COWARD PAKISTANI
How do you like this Mr. Pakistani irrational?

LOL man, calm down.

You folks seem to be having a field day here. Sorry to piss on your parade.

Easy, no need to bite anyone's head off, and watch your language, the only reason you haven't been banned is cuz usually mods don't like to ban people who provoke them directly.

If he doesn't do it, I can oblige my dear.

Chill man..It's a **** forum.You know how they are about India and comparisons.

Racial slurs are banned, even if you don't consider them to be so. Refrain from using any, including that word.

Why is KSE 25 times smaller than Bombay Stock Exchange.
Because
1-Indian Economy is larger than Pakistan so would be the corporate balance sheets and operations.
2-INR=~1.7PKR
3-BSE Capitalization may be greater than KSE.

If anybody wants to invest, now is the time......I wish I had some free money right now.:alcoholic:

welp, so do you expect the market to continue to decline the closer it get's to the 14th and beyond? a million man march, aiyaaaaaa

Go to HELL, I knew it was coming one or the other way COWARDS...
What were racial slurs anyway, if you let me illustrate you "ZARVAN" who goes as a one man gang against Hindus, being a nobel Muslim - need his posts?
Dime -a-dozen...Dont you know as a MODERATOR?

banned-o.gif

Enjoy your vacation, RIP.

Back
Top Bottom