PAKISTANI STARTUP ON COW MONITORING COLLAR WINS BIG

Zibago

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PAKISTANI STARTUP ON COW MONITORING COLLAR WINS BIG
Thursday, 08 September 2016 16:56 Posted by Ali Ahmed 92
Who says that agricultural industry offers little scope for innovation and technology; a Pakistani startup Cowlar has won $10,000 for its smart collar device for cows.

The company won the top prize at the second edition of the Pakistan Start-Up Cup, held in Islamabad. The startup has invented a smart collar for cows that uses motion sensitive technology, providing information like when a cow is in heat. The device also helps farmers in achieving optimisation of milk production.

“In Pakistan and other developing markets farmers often fail to detect when their cows are in heat,” informed Umer Adnan, co-founder of Cowlar, as per Mashable. “Hence they can’t inseminate the cow in time and milk production goes down.”

Now, how does the device works? The company stated on its website, “The waterproof, durable smart collar secured on the animal transmits data to a solar powered base within a 4 km range. The base then sends signals to a cellular tower which transfers the data to the Cloud which promptly informs you via Robo-Call and SMS alerts, while simultaneously updating your online dashboard.”

The device can determine when the cow is eating, sleeping, mating and any other significant activity, claimed Umer. The fed data than determines important aspects of the animal i.e. the health of the cow, heat cycle and any irregularities in behavior.

Pakistan is one of the largest milk producing country in the world with an estimated 42 billion litres of milk produced annually. The dairy industry remains one of the most important sectors of the nation and is also a source of millions of jobs.

Copyright Business Recorder, 201
http://www.brecorder.com/pakistan/i...tartup-on-cow-monitoring-collar-wins-big.html

@django

DON'T GET ME WRONG. I AM NOT RIDICULING ANYONE.

BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS GETTING SUSPICIOUS!!!!

EVERYDAY I HEAR NEWS OF SOME PAKISTANI PRODIGY OR SOME PAKISTANI STARTUP OR SOME PAKISTANI ACHIEVING BREAKTHROUGH IN SCIENCE OR TECHNOLOGY. SURELY THIS IS SOME SINISTER FLATTERY WITH ULTERIOR MOTIVE. BECAUSE SUCH NEWS IS COMING TOO THICK AND FAST.

Im not sure the average farmer can afford/ want this kind of technology. Also 4km is a very small range considering theres like 500 km of farmland in Punjab alone.

@django

EVERYDAY I HEAR NEWS OF SOME PAKISTANI PRODIGY OR SOME PAKISTANI STARTUP OR SOME PAKISTANI ACHIEVING BREAKTHROUGH IN SCIENCE OR TECHNOLOGY. SURELY THIS IS SOME SINISTER FLATTERY WITH ULTERIOR MOTIVE. BECAUSE SUCH NEWS IS COMING TOO THICK AND FAST.
Leave PDF is ur *** cannot handle the Burn!! :flame::flame::flame:

@django

This is genuine if not they would never have received any prize money, anyway their is no groundbreaking science, just basic but very practical innovation ie a installed thermometer can measure the heat of the cow which can indicate if the cow is pregnant or ill etc combined with an effective communication system, this will prove to be very fruitful for the farming community.
@Zibago

@django

The news was always there you just never notice it before

@django

were you ever able to romotely monitor when a cow is in heat, if you answer is yes then we are sorry, if you answer is no then just celebrate this new invention with us

Umer Adnan here. I'm the CEO of Cowlar. I thought it was important to address a few important things and clear up a few misconceptions.

1. We are NOT the inventors of this technology. Not the first company to make a product like this. We're slightly different in that we're priced at $69 per unit currently and address all four major pain points for farmers 1. Heat detection 2. Early disease detection 3. Improved herd health / milk yield and 4. geo location service. Our tech is simple, easy to use and affordable. it's rugged, water proof and comes with approx six months of battery life per charge. We do have some solid competition. But WE ARE the first company to provide best value for money, ROI and user experience. Please feel free to show me other products that are better for the same price?

2. Each cowlar base station has a certain range. All the cowlars in the area talk to that base station. The base station has GSM network (Sim card) and telenor / Mobilink data connection. If the farms are far apart, multiple base stations can be used. The cost of one base station is $99 and multiple people can share the same station.

3. I'm currently on a business trip the the US and in the process of setting up more field trials with Dairy associations, USDA and other dairy science programs to further validate our work and improve cowlar.

4. Also we were not first to market. Not even close. We are going to be the first to disruptively make tech available for majority of dairy farms around the globe. We are still early stage, but I am confident that my team is solid and we can make a name for ourselves in the global dairy market. Might have to wait few years.

5. My team and I are dedicated to bringing a "Made in Pakistan" product to the global dairy industry and show the world that Pakistani designers, engineering and dairy experts are capable of creating disruptive technology.

6. For more information, please feel free to contact me at umer.adnan at cowlar dt com or visit our website cowlar dt com

We should immediately start mass production of these collars and exporting them next door. There are millions of people who would love to know the mood of 'gaye maata'

Umer Adnan here. I'm the CEO of Cowlar. I thought it was important to address a few important things and clear up a few misconceptions.

1. We are NOT the inventors of this technology. Not the first company to make a product like this. We're slightly different in that we're priced at $69 per unit currently and address all four major pain points for farmers 1. Heat detection 2. Early disease detection 3. Improved herd health / milk yield and 4. geo location service. Our tech is simple, easy to use and affordable. it's rugged, water proof and comes with approx six months of battery life per charge. We do have some solid competition. But WE ARE the first company to provide best value for money, ROI and user experience. Please feel free to show me other products that are better for the same price?

2. Each cowlar base station has a certain range. All the cowlars in the area talk to that base station. The base station has GSM network (Sim card) and telenor / Mobilink data connection. If the farms are far apart, multiple base stations can be used. The cost of one base station is $99 and multiple people can share the same station.

3. I'm currently on a business trip the the US and in the process of setting up more field trials with Dairy associations, USDA and other dairy science programs to further validate our work and improve cowlar.

4. Also we were not first to market. Not even close. We are going to be the first to disruptively make tech available for majority of dairy farms around the globe. We are still early stage, but I am confident that my team is solid and we can make a name for ourselves in the global dairy market. Might have to wait few years.

5. My team and I are dedicated to bringing a "Made in Pakistan" product to the global dairy industry and show the world that Pakistani designers, engineering and dairy experts are capable of creating disruptive technology.

6. For more information, please feel free to contact me at umer.adnan at cowlar dt com or visit our website cowlar dt com
@WAJsal @waz @Oscar @Horus @WebMaster
Should be consider for title.

keep up the hard work.

thier a few pakistanis with dairy farms birmingham sides uk.

i think modi should have one around his neck to monitor if he is in heat. chai anyone oh sorry got to milk the cow first.

Great work...
Congradulations

Good luck! You may not know it, but you're inspiring a new generation of Pakistani entrepreneurs. I hope you succeed!

It is companies like yours that give Pakistani tech industry a lot of hope, and it is companies like yours that will lead Pakistan to a better future!

Thank you for your contribution here.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom