What's new

Pakistani snipers??

Mercenary101

New Recruit

Reaction score
Is there any information on pakistani snipers?.....after all snipers are very important, even in the war on terorr. I believe that if pakistan has a good grasp on sniping its military power would go up by a huge amount. For example the snipers in the USA that train in alaska are doing excellent in afghanistan as well as the candians who are best in the world. what do you think about pakistani snipers in your view? i was not able to find much about them.:sniper::sniper:

yes my friend u are deadly on the point our ARMY is not profesional they just built tanks and they are very much lake in these dept

Anti Tank we have some Anti tank missiles but not upto the mark to fight any war

Snipers we are too much weak in this snipers dept im not seeing our army is gonna improve in sniper dept even if we have snipers they are old i mean toooo old

gunship we dont have any good gunships

our army have closed their eyes for last 20 to 25 yrs on these very important expects army just want these items free from us if they give then ok if they dont use the old stuff

Is there any information on pakistani snipers?.....after all snipers are very important, even in the war on terorr. I believe that if pakistan has a good grasp on sniping its military power would go up by a huge amount. For example the snipers in the USA that train in alaska are doing excellent in afghanistan as well as the candians who are best in the world. what do you think about pakistani snipers in your view? i was not able to find much about them.:sniper::sniper:

In my opinion the best snipers are from the Royal Marines as they have an all arms sniper course which trains all UK services including the SAS.

yes my friend u are deadly on the point our ARMY is not profesional they just built tanks and they are very much lake in these dept

Anti Tank we have some Anti tank missiles but not upto the mark to fight any war

Snipers we are too much weak in this snipers dept im not seeing our army is gonna improve in sniper dept even if we have snipers they are old i mean toooo old

gunship we dont have any good gunships

our army have closed their eyes for last 20 to 25 yrs on these very important expects army just want these items free from us if they give then ok if they dont use the old stuff

Erm Pakistan has taken delivery of more than 3000 TOW missiles and is manufacturing a system locally called Baktar Shikan.

Gunships are big ticket items and Pakistan is taking delivery of more cobras which is a good system so much so that the USMC is still using them though in an uprated guise.

And the Pakistan army is extremely professional and trains to a high standard but for a specific role ie counter India.

Borrowing a memebers quote they die so you can sleep and $hit in peace.

man watch your word i wanted to say just one type of a gunship and sniper rifle cant do enough we need a atlest 2 to 3 types of gunships and cobras almost at the end of thier life even if we customize them they are still very old compare to indian gunships

man watch your word i wanted to say just one type of a gunship and sniper rifle cant do enough we need a atlest 2 to 3 types of gunships and cobras almost at the end of thier life even if we customize them they are still very old compare to indian gunships

That would create a logistical nightmare having that many types of gunships it just wouldn't be necessary.

Given the right refit and MLUs cobras could stay in service for a little while longer if only to act as a stop gap till newer ones can be aquired but one multi purpose gunship should be enough.

Also consider the USAF B52 bomber or the Tu 142 Bear which through upgrades and servicing are still in operational use despite being over 50 years old. The USAF is actually planning on keeping B52s till 2044.

As for sniper rifles there is a field where a few models should be employed I'd like to see a 50 cal, a 7.62 and a 0.338 as being used by the UK armed forces.

Somewhere in one of the army threads it mentioned that SSG had aquired both 50 cal and 7.62 rifles in large quantities.

are you sure if it is we never heared it in any news

Its to do with SSG so its not something you'd expect to hear about in the news.

Here is the link to the thread: http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/9109-pakistan-plugging-gaps.html

The actual quote sourced from Janes is:

Much of this capability has gone to enhance the special forces, which centre on the three battalion-strong Special Services Group (SSG).

A recently issued request for tender involving 100 7.62 mm sniper rifles and 50 0.50 cal sniper rifles is most likely geared to these troops as well.

In my opinion the best snipers are from the Royal Marines as they have an all arms sniper course which trains all UK services including the SAS.

i believe the canadians are the best many soilders from usa tare trained by them. they even broke many records

Please search the forums to find answers to Pakistani snipers. Pakistan Army is not new to sniping or snipers. We have pretty decent equipment for the Snipers in the Army and have been running Sniper training program for a very long time. Admittedly there has been a renewed interest in the way the snipers can be used in future LICs.

We just started getting some of the 1000 or so L96 British Accuracy International rifles. Prior to L96, Pakistan Army has been using SSG69 made by Steyr of Austria. Some additional sniper rifles are being acquired from Czech Republic as well.

See this for more detail:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/land-forces/285-sniper-pa.html

Back
Top Bottom