What's new

Pakistani Roads, Motorways and Highways

Concrete pouring being carried out at Bridge No. 2 at Diamer Bhasha Hydropower Project site.

1650229174067.png

1650229129067.png

Muzaffarabad-Mansehra link road to CPEC route

The National Highway Authority (NHA) Executive Board has recommended the PC-I for the construction of the Muzaffarabad-Mansehra (China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Link) at a cost of Rs. 44.72 billion for consideration of CENTRAL Development Working Party/ Executive Committee of National Economic Council (ECNEC).

The Board meeting was presided over by Capt. (Retd.) Muhammad Khurram Agha, Chairman, NHA. According to the official documents, the Board deliberated upon the PC-I for the construction of Muzaffarabad – Mansehra (CPEC Link) (26.6 km). The Board recommended the PC-I at a cost of Rs. 44.72 billion...

The Planning Minister Ahsan Iqbal directed National Highway Authority to operationalise the service areas on Lahore to Multan to Sukkur Motorway to facilitate the public.

He said that service areas must also be established on Makran Coastal Highway and Gwadar Quetta Highway, which cover long stretches.

Apart from the residential and commercial districts, the USF has an extensive plan to cover the national road arteries.

The project to have IT and telecom at M-4 motorway is also likely to be launched next month.

The USF projects at M-3 and M-5 will be complete in the next four to six months, while the Makran coastal highway and NH 50-70 in Balochistan have been covered with the telecom service.

However, work at some parts of the NH 25-65 has been stalled due to local political issues and the authorities were not giving the No Objection Certificate (NOC) to install telecom towers.

It is 75% completed, while the rest of 25% is stuck due to NOC and political disputes.

N 40 Highway

Quetta - Taftan, near Nok-Kundi, Balochistan..
The dark side to the left is the Cloud Shadow.

1652143641908.png

Back
Top Bottom