What's new

Pakistani Paratrooper Ranking?

shaheer_12

New Recruit

Reaction score
Salam,

i wanted to know at where does our paratrooper ranks? my brother said that it is #2. I am talking about training. where does they rank in training?

Allah Hafiz

Salam,

i wanted to know at where does our paratrooper ranks? my brother said that it is #2. I am talking about training. where does they rank in training?

Allah Hafiz

I wonder how exactly these rankings are made :undecided:

Salam,

Allah Hafiz

Could you ask your brother who is #1 and how are these standings arrived at ?

Salam,

Allah Hafiz

Shaheer my boy,

Thanks for being a member on this board. Normally we discuss various millitary issues and general capabilities of different armed forces and their different departments.

Our paratroopers are very capable soldiers---on a good day, just like our cricket team---they may be the best around, but on an any given day, they are as good as the patratroopers of any nation.

On any other day, they are as good as the indian paratroopers, if that is what you wanted to know.

Did I make it more confusing:what::undecided:

Last edited:
I think luck plays most important part in this skill if compared with any other skill of military tactics/skills.

KIT Over

I think luck plays most important part in this skill if compared with any other skill of military tactics/skills.

KIT Over

KIT not over... (sorry for that :cheesy:)

I guess its more like...

The harder you work the luckier you get. luck is a factor but not a basis for any successful operation. In a real operation most of the things don't go according to plan.

(KIT out :cheers:)

Pakistan Army Paratrooper Training School in Peshawar trains the bulk of Army, Navy and Air Force paratroopers. The school is equipped with basic training and advanced training equipment. Basic training equipment includes the jump tower, slide ropes etc. Advanced training equipment includes the open air vertical wind tunnel to train in advanced air maneuverability with full gear for HALO and HAHO jumps.

PA and IA paratroopers do not take part in an annual para-jump event held in Florida. This event is the championship of para jumpers in the world (both civil and military). Normally the USAF Special Ops team performs on the top followed by some civilian jumpers. They are rated on complexity various in-air formations, tight & error free air-choreography (more like air ballet) and then accuracy of landing within the designated LZ. The US and NATO paratroopers get extremely advanced training on state-of-the-art Wind Tunnels to hone in their jump skills. Unfortunately in Pakistan and India, such luxuries do not exist and our troopers have to train the hard way, i.e jumping out of a plane or a helicopter.

So to answer you question again and with apologies to your brother's analysis, Both PA and IA paratroopers are not rated simply because they have not participated in any such competitions. Until they do we will never know for sure.

Also in terms of overall paratroop capability we are not in league with USA, Russia etc.
These countries have entire divisions dedicated as paratroops.

Also in terms of overall paratroop capability we are not in league with USA, Russia etc.
These countries have entire divisions dedicated as paratroops.

Here is food for thought!

The President, Vice President and Secretary of Defense of USA have to go for essential free-fall training in an enclosed Vertical Wind Tunnel. This is done to increase the chances of the survival of these personalities in case of an eventuality (something that was shown in the famous Harrison Ford Movie AIR FORCE ONE) This is in addition to the mandatory free-fall training of the military spec op operatives from all branches.

KIT Over

Hi,

By the word LUCK, if you mean LABOUR UNDER CORRECT KNOWLEDGE ( JACKIE B COOPER ), then it is agreeable.

Keeping in view my comments above, I would sure like to give the free-fall training to some of our current political leaders (Zardari, Nawaz Sharif, Fazlu Rehman, Imran Khan etc) but without the chute in order for them to really get the experience of a free-fall from 10000 feet!!! :bounce:

A higher form of Para Jumping is Base Jumping and no one is better at it then the US or the French!

Salam, thanks for everyone to reply me.

First of all your answers...

My brother my bro told it to me. He told me that it is USA which is #1, i also asked him that how does our paratroopers ranks at #2 he said that i don't know :D actually we two brothers don't have much knowledge about this things so can't really determine what is important, we just concentrate on training. But we both have very much interests in military specially me. :D. May he told a joke to me. :D. I was also surprised that how do they ranks at #2 since in even our normal civil people it is rarely a case that someone have any interest in sky diving. That's why i came here to ask thanks... well as you said that our paras haven't ranked but that's because no one has tested them! it is also possible that they do wonders when needed! our army is talented and passionate actually we all are passionate to do something for our country. So i would myself rank them #1. By the way do you know that one day Pak army will be fighting for Hazarat Esa [P.B.U.H] and Hazarat Mehdi [P.B.U.H] and will do wonders for them, proud to be a Pakistani:pakistan:

wat is this paratroops and heliborn troops.. ist teh first time ive ever heard these names... the heliborn troops i heard when Swat operation started.. can someone give pictures of each plzz.. i cant seem to find any..

Back
Top Bottom