What's new

Featured Pakistani Navy confirms Brazilian jetliner will replace Orion patrol aircraft

With the exception of the MAD and CMS, the the PN is already using the same inputs as the Swordfish on the Sea Eagle. I'd wager the PN will ask the UK or Canada for a MAD, and at the same time, work with the Turks on the AShM and LWT (i.e., get Atmaca and ORKA).

They'll buy in batches based on available cash. So, 1 now, 2 later, 2 after that, then 1 or 2, and so on until they get to 10.

Wouldn't be cheaper to just buy the ten aircraft covert them when they have the funds, otherwise it might be come very expensive. The price of the aircraft might go up!

If you buy and take delivery of all 10 at the same time where will you put the remaining ones as you gradually upgrade them ?

You are aware of the size of PNS Merhan and the fact that there are naval air stations at Omara and Gwadar as well as 2 major PAF bases in Karachi and an international airport at Karachi? PN Could buy 30 new LRMPAs and it would still have enough ramp space.....

Pakistan Navy (PN) is capable of approaching Diego Garcia... but if but if but if but if but if.... Get the memo? :D

Let us to stick to India...

Very naïve way to look at threat preception.

If tomorrow Indian missiles start dropping on your soil, using American satellites for guidance (as per BECA agreement), would that also be classed as kosher act or these American satellites will be considered as a threat to Pakistan's national security?

As I said, prepare for capabilities, not for overt or covert intentions.

You are aware of the size of PNS Merhan and the fact that there are naval air stations at Omara and Gwadar as well as 2 major PAF bases in Karachi and an international airport at Karachi? PN Could buy 30 new LRMPAs and it would still have enough ramp space.....
It costs money to keep planes in storage, they aren’t like your car that you can just park up and expect to start again with minimal maintenance.

Edit: here’s a video on the logistics behind storing an aircraft

Last edited:
Very naïve way to look at threat preception.

If tomorrow Indian missiles start dropping on your soil, using American satellites for guidance (as per BECA agreement), would that also be classed as kosher act or these American satellites will be considered as a threat to Pakistan's national security?

As I said, prepare for capabilities, not for overt or covert intentions.
Beidou

Options exist and can be tapped without making much noise.

If (or when) Pakistan is to fight a war then Pakistan should fight the country responsible for instigating it and keep its objectives realistic. This is all.

It costs money to keep planes in storage, they aren’t like your car that you can just park up and expect to start again with minimal maintenance.

Edit: here’s a video on the logistics behind storing an aircraft

What point are you trying to make? That the storage cost of 10 small passenger planes is a major issue? PN will buy each plane as and when is needed, after they are converted they go into service. Tell me what part of this confuses you.

Now due to COVIT-19 air travel is restricted so aircraft manufacturing industries as well as airlines are down, many of them are trying to get rid of excess capacity. PN can very good commercial airplane damn cheap now. It is now buyers market. If PAF, PA want to have good air refuelling or transport airplane this is the time to buy.

Back
Top Bottom