What's new

Pakistani Mother: "Who will buy my son!"

i totally agree with u, Alpertunga! The times have changed... we must think about national interest rather than about guarding countries just because they are muslim nations. There is no justice for any country except the justice they wish for theselves. It is each nations responsibility to protect itself. We simply do not have the sort of power we had before. Today we cannot take on the world the way we could in the past. And sum1n need just to look at the way muslims are dying around the world to say this. The fate of any people cannot be changed unless they have the iron-will and determination to change it! Turkey and Pakistan had that determination and that is why we are here 2day!

I havent come across the 'Mother Story'. Historical facts as I percieve are:

In the aftermath of WW1, when lands of Ottomon Empire were being shared out among the victorious Allies, a very strong Khilafat Movement was launched in India by the Ali brothers ( Maulana Mohammad Ali Jauhar and Shaukat Ali) in 1919. The movement was primarily aimed against the English and the objective was demonstration of solidarity with the Turkish Muslims by the Muslims of United India.

Gandhi ji linked this issue with Swaraj mainly to channelise the anger against the English for the liberation of India.Therefore the movement also got an indirect Hindu support. Khilafat Movement dyed out when Kemal Ataturk abolished Khilafat in 1924.

Muslims of India however collected significant amount of donations. By the time these funds reached Turkey, she was under Mustafa Kemal Ata Turk's leadership. If I remember correctly, these funds were used to set up one of the Turkish banks.

As I know the source states that Muslim Indian (today refers to Pakistanis) leaders Ikbal and Cinnah collected these donations and sent them to secular movement of Turkiye...

In October 1918, Turkey signed an armistice agreement with the Entente Powers and the Ottoman Empire came to an end. The Khilafat Movement was a campaign, in India, to unite Muslims across the world in an expression of anxiety over the fate of Turkey and the Khalifa (Caliph) after the war. The leaders of the Khilafat Movement wanted to preserve the role of the Khalifa. Even though it was a purely ceremonious entity in the c. 20th - its existence held great symbolic value to the Pan-Islamic movements in India and Egypt. In 1918, Lloyd George had assured Indian Muslims that Britain will respect territorial integrity of Turkey. Muslim leadership saw that as just reward for their participation in the Great War as without Indian forces, the British would never have won the Near and Middle East theaters. Even Gandhi expressed his sympathy for their cause at the Delhi Imperial War Conference in 1918 by stating, “As a Hindu, I cannot be indifferent to their cause. Their sorrows must be our sorrows.” The All India Muslim League, the same year, passed a resolution asking the British respect the “full control by the Sultan of Turkey, Khalifa of the Prophet over the holy places and over the Jazirat-ul-Arab as delimited in the Muslim books”. muslim league is founder of pakistan not against pakistan

In October 1918, Turkey signed an armistice agreement with the Entente Powers and the Ottoman Empire came to an end. The Khilafat Movement was a campaign, in India, to unite Muslims across the world in an expression of anxiety over the fate of Turkey and the Khalifa (Caliph) after the war. The leaders of the Khilafat Movement wanted to preserve the role of the Khalifa. Even though it was a purely ceremonious entity in the c. 20th - its existence held great symbolic value to the Pan-Islamic movements in India and Egypt. In 1918, Lloyd George had assured Indian Muslims that Britain will respect territorial integrity of Turkey. Muslim leadership saw that as just reward for their participation in the Great War as without Indian forces, the British would never have won the Near and Middle East theaters. Even Gandhi expressed his sympathy for their cause at the Delhi Imperial War Conference in 1918 by stating, “As a Hindu, I cannot be indifferent to their cause. Their sorrows must be our sorrows.” The All India Muslim League, the same year, passed a resolution asking the British respect the “full control by the Sultan of Turkey, Khalifa of the Prophet over the holy places and over the Jazirat-ul-Arab as delimited in the Muslim books”. muslim league is founder of pakistan not against pakistan

The initiator of this thread tried to elaborate the magnitude of help and devotion which Muslims from Indian subcontinent showed towards Turks in the time of need. As a reciprocating act they helped Pakistan immensly when 2005 earthquake struck Northern Pakistan and infact still doing there. When almost everybody has gone, Turkish parties are still there. Current geopolitical conditions, affiliations and scenarios apart, Pakistanis must thank them and try to renew the bonds which once prevailed.

We should understand difference of Turkiye and Ottoman here, brothers... Firstly Turkiye has never had "sultan". Ottoman was destroyed in 1918 with Pact of Sévres. Turkiye was founded in 1923 with announcing Republic of Turkiye. During the period of 1918-1924, in Anatolia there were nothing but local civil authorities.

And we don't understand a religional sense from this great story of Pakistani-Turkish friendship. We say " Imperialism hit Turkiye, Pakistan and India... And we really know the value of "INDEPENDENCE"... I am very glad to see here smilies which waves Pakistani flags... I am saying "Pakistan has really nationalist sense. This is the base of independence in our age..." happily when every I see them. Only national awareness can improve not only Muslim people; also all "oppressed" and non-developed countries...

Also our Niaz bro is right here; Turkey recorded the funds -which was donated from Pakistan- as used in order to found Turkiye Is Bankasi (Turkish Work Bank). This is the first bank of Turkish Republic.

by the way, and it's off topic too, but may i ask the initiator of this thread to inform us about the general perception of Turks regarding Pakistan and Pakistanis. and let me request to remain impartial while you do so. i have recorded my observations in initial replies.

Amazing, this tells us u are living in a dream-world. What chance is there that Pakistan, Iran, Turkey and China will stand against America, India and Israel. There is absolutely no cooperation between Iran,Turkey and Pakistan in terms of military. :lol: Just cauz u are gud freinz with Alpertunga dus'nt mean all of turkey is ready to sign a live and die contract with iran or pakistan. And even now iran is in trouble. Are turkey and pakistan doing anything? No, cauz we know we will be hurt if we mess with the mad beast (US)

Cold War? What cold war, i dun think there will be a cold war now bcuz relations between Russia/China and U.S. have stabilized. Ya russia feels insecure right now but the old times are gone and that is clear. There is no chance for a war between them. I tht Russias stance towards iran wud change wit the missile issue in poland but it has'nt and russias just going along with what US and evry1n wants to do in iran.

We are being slaughtered left and right. What surprises me is how u gyz even have hope for such a thing anymore... i had freinds who went to fight for palestine and iraq... not a single one of them returned! Where is Allah? Did he help us when we lost Spain, Phillipines, Palestine, Afghanistan and Iraq. The injustice against the palestinian people continues today. Their life is a hellish disaster but no one can do anything. Does Allah help them? Cud the arabs do anything... No. They were defeated and decided to sit the palestinian issue out for the rest of their lives. Even the leaders of our nations have lost hope for something like islamic soverneighty then who are we to think of it? Mullah Umar had absolute faith in Allah and thought that Afghanistan could defeat America... He really thought he cud win but what happened to him in the end...

My point is that the old days have simply ended... Its just each nation for itself. We stand alone my freind! There is no sign that any1n will help us if we are in trouble... iran is a prime example... is any1n helping them? No... Is Allah helping them, no... the sanctions are hurting the common people of that country but no one gives a damn.

Sorry to say but we are living in a forsaken world and there is no hope f4 this stupid place. Just think about your nation and thats the way the world works. :pakistan:

Many things that happened throughout the history were dreams at one stage and realities at another stage. Unity of European Union was dream 50 Years ago.Rise and fall of so many passed empires were dreams and realities at different stage. Rise of Arabs under Islamic ideology from nowhere to such a vast muslim territory and population throughout the world was like a dream and later a reality.
By these few examples I want to clear you that actually you are living in a hopeless state.
The thing most touched me was your behaviour as well as feelings towards Almighty God.
Allah will not come to help you or save you physically. Even prophets have passed through the perils. This worldly life is like an examination and one who passed this exams as per the guidlines set by Allah is the real winner in both the worlds. Even Holy Prophet (PBUH) passed through a disasterous state for 13 years in Makkah and later continuous conspiracies, wars etc etc. He solved his problems himself with unbreakable belief in Allah.
Regarding the death and destruction the Muslim Ummah passing through, its the reality of this world. The fight and conflict between the Right and Wrong or "Haq" and "Batil" will go on till the Dooms day and will never stop as the world is divided between to groups, "The Party of Allah" & "The Party of Satan" or "Hijb Allah" & "Hijb as Shaitan".
One more point when a muslim rise up for a cause in the way of Allah he/she dosen't care for the death or destruction. They have only two things in their minds, Victory or Martyrdom.
For the present state of affairs of Ummah we must assess our rights and wrongs, collective as well as individual. We must judge our acts throughout the history on the basis of Guidance from Quran and Sunnah.

by the way, and it's off topic too, but may i ask the initiator of this thread to inform us about the general perception of Turks regarding Pakistan and Pakistanis. and let me request to remain impartial while you do so. i have recorded my observations in initial replies.

Firstly... I am totally against that kind of generalisation, Turks think that...Pakistanis think that... As many brothers gave their opinion in prejudice which they gained from some Turks they met before... And naturally they came to wrong point... So I cannot say Turks think blah blah...here..

But I can say I never heard bad things about Pakistan here, but I saw people who are pouring tears for Pakistanis hit by earthquake... And I can say that I have no bad intentions toward Pakistanis as well as I have no bad intentions to any nation ;).

Specially Irani and Syrian guys and girls are much attracted towards Indians. I have tried many times to find out the reason and still trying to but one thing is to be sure. It's projection of our bad image in media and Indian efforts on diplomatic, media and military levels which has inflicted much damage.

Lol. Dude. Some of what you say is true, but you're taking things a bit too far in thinking that political imagery plays a part in the perception the average Iranian or Syrian has of Paks or the common Dravid. The Iranians in Europe (and probably the US) do tend to be a bit whacked, probably the Syrians too, most are into alcohol and acting "very westernized but in a bad way" :enjoy: But why are you bothered? I couldn't care less (perhaps I'm aging :cheers: ). Generally, your average Arab and Persian will class an Indian and a Pakistani as the same, more or less. Personally, I couldnt care less.

Firstly... I am totally against that kind of generalisation, Turks think that...Pakistanis think that... As many brothers gave their opinion in prejudice which they gained from some Turks they met before... And naturally they came to wrong point... So I cannot say Turks think blah blah...here..

But I can say I never heard bad things about Pakistan here, but I saw people who are pouring tears for Pakistanis hit by earthquake... And I can say that I have no bad intentions toward Pakistanis as well as I have no bad intentions to any nation ;).

To an extent I agree with you Alper. Not all Turks are friendly with Pakistan, but quite a few have goodwill for it. I think it's the same the other way round.

Back
Top Bottom