What's new

Pakistani Mother: "Who will buy my son!"

AlpErTunga

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I read a report, which is written by an English general in 1920s, when I was in primary school in our lesson. It tells a story which really touches to my heart about Pakistani nation. The story is that;

In the time of Turkish Independence War; Turkiye has no army, no money, no anything but faith to victory for national independence... and they have really serious enemies in their homeland...british, french, italian, greek, russian and armenian armies... Only local movements of civillians could temporarily stopped enemies sometimes...

In these dark days of Turkiye, there was a heart that could feel the pain of her brothers which suffers in imperialism although distant of many kilometers... She was shouting , carrying a baby around in her arms, in Pakistani streets just like that "Aren't there anyone who will buy my son!". A richer Pakistani thought "What can make a mother selling her son?". And he got closer to the mother... He asked; "What is your reason? What kind of a woman you are? How can you sell your baby?".

The woman replied; "Our brothers, last free flag of us, Turkiye is under invasion of western monsters... Haven't you ever heard of anouncements? They want our help... I have anything but this innocent... I will sell him and I will send the money to Turks...". The man put all of his money to the woman's hands... And said "I bought your baby and I am giving him you back...".

Which sense of human can be this?

Wow...never heard this story before, if it was written in 1920 then Pakistan was still under British Rule as part of British India and struggling for her own independence.

What a courage and faith this desperate mother must have to sell her own son for the sake of ummah, I'm speechless!

When Pakistan was hit by earthquake; this real story was remembered among people often and we hope we could at least help some of our Pakistani brothers...

Turkey was one of the top donators with $275 million in aid!

The relations between Pakistan and Turkey are centuries old and are based on solid foundation of faith, cultural affinities, shared history and commonality of views.
We're true friends!

Dearest Brother AlperTunga,

Salam Merhaban!

Well, bro i would agree with one of my brother over here that pakistan didnott existed before 1947 but let me point out here that we always had very very strong brethern feelings and affiliations for our Turkish brothers they had been the gaurdians of holy places for good time Allah bestowed them with power and khilafah and when khilafah was abt to be broken it is we muslims of subcontinent before the creation of Pakistan took staunch stand against britishers and warned them not to break turkey in to pieces. Our grand fathers started a movement KHILAFAH MOVEMENT which couldnot last long and the main theme was to save the dignity of our turkish brothers and khilafah.

Well as it says in Quran i dont remember exact words but its says like the unbelievers do plan and let them plan on the contrary Allah has His own Plan and He is the Best Planner ;)

MAY ALLAH BRING US CLOSER TO EACH OTHER. AMEN.

i think and i can see by Allah;s grace that there is an emerging military belt of muslims whioch may form a strong coalition during the second upcoming cold war ! which would be PAKISTAN, IRAN AND TURKEY and i would ardently like to see these countries to stand by China our (red dragon from east ;) ) and Russia rather standing by US ISRAEL AND INDIA

Unite we stand !

Wasalam
Yarmook

Yeah even though Pakistan did not exist or the Pakistan movement had been started by then, I believe Jinnah and Iqbal had spoken highly of Kemal Attaturk and supported his movement.

The Muslims of British India were indeed distraught over what was going on in Turkey. The last true stand that the Muslims gave to the west.

Dearest Brother AlperTunga,

Salam Merhaban!

Well, bro i would agree with one of my brother over here that pakistan didnott existed before 1947 but let me point out here that we always had very very strong brethern feelings and affiliations for our Turkish brothers they had been the gaurdians of holy places for good time Allah bestowed them with power and khilafah and when khilafah was abt to be broken it is we muslims of subcontinent before the creation of Pakistan took staunch stand against britishers and warned them not to break turkey in to pieces. Our grand fathers started a movement KHILAFAH MOVEMENT which couldnot last long and the main theme was to save the dignity of our turkish brothers and khilafah.

Well as it says in Quran i dont remember exact words but its says like the unbelievers do plan and let them plan on the contrary Allah has His own Plan and He is the Best Planner ;)

MAY ALLAH BRING US CLOSER TO EACH OTHER. AMEN.

i think and i can see by Allah;s grace that there is an emerging military belt of muslims whioch may form a strong coalition during the second upcoming cold war ! which would be PAKISTAN, IRAN AND TURKEY and i would ardently like to see these countries to stand by China our (red dragon from east ;) ) and Russia rather standing by US ISRAEL AND INDIA

Unite we stand !

Wasalam
Yarmook

Amazing, this tells us u are living in a dream-world. What chance is there that Pakistan, Iran, Turkey and China will stand against America, India and Israel. There is absolutely no cooperation between Iran,Turkey and Pakistan in terms of military. :lol: Just cauz u are gud freinz with Alpertunga dus'nt mean all of turkey is ready to sign a live and die contract with iran or pakistan. And even now iran is in trouble. Are turkey and pakistan doing anything? No, cauz we know we will be hurt if we mess with the mad beast (US)

Cold War? What cold war, i dun think there will be a cold war now bcuz relations between Russia/China and U.S. have stabilized. Ya russia feels insecure right now but the old times are gone and that is clear. There is no chance for a war between them. I tht Russias stance towards iran wud change wit the missile issue in poland but it has'nt and russias just going along with what US and evry1n wants to do in iran.

We are being slaughtered left and right. What surprises me is how u gyz even have hope for such a thing anymore... i had freinds who went to fight for palestine and iraq... not a single one of them returned! Where is Allah? Did he help us when we lost Spain, Phillipines, Palestine, Afghanistan and Iraq. The injustice against the palestinian people continues today. Their life is a hellish disaster but no one can do anything. Does Allah help them? Cud the arabs do anything... No. They were defeated and decided to sit the palestinian issue out for the rest of their lives. Even the leaders of our nations have lost hope for something like islamic soverneighty then who are we to think of it? Mullah Umar had absolute faith in Allah and thought that Afghanistan could defeat America... He really thought he cud win but what happened to him in the end...

My point is that the old days have simply ended... Its just each nation for itself. We stand alone my freind! There is no sign that any1n will help us if we are in trouble... iran is a prime example... is any1n helping them? No... Is Allah helping them, no... the sanctions are hurting the common people of that country but no one gives a damn.

Sorry to say but we are living in a forsaken world and there is no hope f4 this stupid place. Just think about your nation and thats the way the world works. :pakistan:

Guys to tell you the other face of the picture let me write some words. I live in Sweden and I have many friends from Turkey, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Iraqi, Afghani etc living and studying here. I am not extra exaggerating things but believe me they never cares about the things like friendship with Pakistan or the sentiments which Pakistanis generally show towards them. Rather, I have experienced that they are quite friendly, more comfortable and mingle up quickly with Indian guys. The feelings are not at all same as we have towards others and to be realistic it's the other way round. Specially Irani and Syrian guys and girls are much attracted towards Indians. I have tried many times to find out the reason and still trying to but one thing is to be sure. It's projection of our bad image in media and Indian efforts on diplomatic, media and military levels which has inflicted much damage. Another thing is that usually people from Pakistan cares a lot about religion and religious obligations, though I am not much to make it clear that I am the example for them, but Turks, Iraqis, Afghanis, Lebanese and Iranis never seems like Muslims. Rather all their traits and life style depicts a European picture, in all their habits like eating, drinking, dressing, partying, outing etc etc. On the other hand Pakistani boys and girls, though from dressing might sometimes look like them but rest it's in the other direction. This forum has much about Pakistan and Pakistanis. The thing which is necessary is to think about our image outside and try to heal the wounds which are giving us pain. There are many people on the forum who live outside Pakistan and who can play their part. Be realistic and rather then becoming emotional and ignoring the realities look at things as they are now or at the moment and then talk according to them. When i was in Pakistan, I used to think the same way that we are friends and this and that but after arriving here and meeting with these people made my eyes open, my ideas changed and taught me that we are quite isolated and hated among those whom we think are our friends. This is not an obervation made in a month or two but over quite a large span of time.

I have another interesting observation. A Bengali or an Indian Muslim typically inflicts much more damage to malign Pakistanis as compared to a common Hindu Indian. Yes its true.

And you know, instead, personally, I have good friends from Belgium, France, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Norway etc who have always been what a friend should be. I even chat and joke with Israelis while discussing on a whole lot of topics including religion, military, politics, relations. You just need to introduce yourself a bit and guide Europeans towards the other face of picture usually not shown to them in media. Rest of the research, they do themselves. Other's, I mean the so called friends, they don't.

As I am a witness and experiencing this thing I thought to share it to you people and to write about it from an unbiased view. We are our lone friends, nobody else, specially other Muslims.

Regards.

makes sense!

I am in UK.. I got along more with a Pakistani than say a nepalese, bangladeshi or 70% of the indians..
the lahore and karachi guys are pally with delhi and bombay guys ... rest stay in their caves... lol

Brothers;

I will tell another anecdot from history; when Ataturk come to visit one of our Southeastern provinces, he saw a banner in a girl's hands.. She'd written "Gazi the Merciful... Please save your Sister Syria!"... Ataturk got closer to the girl and said "Start your national movement of independence. And then we can support you..."

Our idea is that; the civilization has a nationalist age since French Revolution... Islam MUST end in governmental issues, brothers. In the world, we cannot classify countries as "Muslims" and "non-Muslims"... But there is two groups of countries in the world "imperialists or oppressor countries" and "oppressed countries"... We have to gain our "NATIONAL" identities and fight for our "NATION"... Religion is a individual concept. It is in heart and between only one man and his great Allah... Governments can't have religion... For example, charging interest in finance is a sin acc. to Islam; but all governmental issues stand on financial interests. If you reject the interests ratio, your faithful government can't live so much...Religional wars and states are only in history books anymore...

Some of brothers stated some Turks who live in Europe... And stated how non interested to Pakistan they are... I should say that much of them are unaware of even their own homeland, Turkiye...

my experience encompass gatherings with both type of people i.e those who came here as children or born here and those with just a year or even a few months in this country and in addition to Sweden, Denmark and Norway too as i am a frequent traveller. there is no difference. i mean what one says at an instance, the other resembles him in words on another occassion. its very sad to hear things that way but ofcourse everybody has got this right of expression and think that priorities have changed a lot since last 80 years or so. Turkey once used to talk about defence cooperation with pakistan but just today, in the morning, one of the turk i talked with was quite happily talking about defence cooperation and acquisition of indian Dhruv helicopters in turkish armed forces. pakistanis should realize this thing and in my view it's us, the pakistanis, who have to do thing ourselves without relying on others.

it's a very bitter story with many dimensions to talk on.

Yeah even though Pakistan did not exist or the Pakistan movement had been started by then, I believe Jinnah and Iqbal had spoken highly of Kemal Attaturk and supported his movement.

The Muslims of British India were indeed distraught over what was going on in Turkey. The last true stand that the Muslims gave to the west.
which i know muslims of sub-continent support khalafit not secular movement of kemal pasha

which i know muslims of sub-continent support khalafit not secular movement of kemal pasha

As I know the source states that Muslim Indian (today refers to Pakistanis) leaders Ikbal and Cinnah collected these donations and sent them to secular movement of Turkiye...

As I know the source states that Muslim Indian (today refers to Pakistanis) leaders Ikbal and Cinnah collected these donations and sent them to secular movement of Turkiye...
You'll find people of all sorts. During the time period of our struggle for independence, the people who opposed Kemal Attaturk also opposed the creation of Pakistan. Their reasoning was that if we stayed with India we would eventually end up conquering all of India.

Of course the ideology of Pakistan prevailed over the so called imaginary Khilafat movement. The Khilafat movement was flawed, instead if its modified into arranging a union (like EU) today, then its possible and a step in the right direction.

well, in my view, whatever it was, khalafat or secularism, turks were better to adopt a system in which religion has nothing to do with politics. pakistan gone the wrong way. although came into existance in the name of islam but it could have been better not to call it an islamic republic rather republic of pakistan with right to practice any religion should have been a better choice and naturally majority would have been practicing islam. this is what turkey did. now we are facing the ills in the name of religion. a few people making a mockry of law and challenging the writ of government.

whatever the turks are, secular political structure is their key to success and it still could have been for pakistan. you could have practice islam with a secular political structure but only if you keep politics and religion apart. that's necessary.

Back
Top Bottom