What's new

Pakistani Models And Actresses

Style Anatomy: Zarminay Haq

2015697-image-1563393791-958-640x480.jpg

Zarminay Haq, a certified trainer at Aimfit loves all things fashion and keeps up with the latest trends while incorporating them with her own personal style. From her favourite silhouettes to how her style has changed over the years, Zarminay shares it all!

3-1563393747.jpg

Understanding your body is the key to looking good and a trait found amongst all impeccably dressed fashionistas. While people shy away from talking about their bodies, these brave souls explain how they work their anatomies to their advantage

How would you describe your body type?

I’d say petite.

Has your body type changed over the last five years?

Yes, definitely. I was always on the skinny side but I’ve gotten leaner and much fitter than I was five years ago. I follow a very strict workout routine almost five days a week.

2-1563393737.jpg

How has your styled changed over the years?

I’ve always liked to play around with colours, prints and patterns and I still continue to do so. However, now I’ve developed a special liking towards minimalism.

In your opinion, what is your most troublesome area?

My core for sure.

How do you dress your body according to your body type?

I love experimenting so I don’t stick to any one kind of style. You’ll find cigarette pants, boyfriend jeans, flared pants, jumpsuits and a lot more in my closet. But I make sure that whatever I wear compliments my weight, height and the overall look.

4-1563393756.jpg

In your opinion what is the biggest mistake a person can make while dressing?

Not wearing clothes according to one’s body type is the biggest mistake a person can make while dressing up.

Which silhouettes suit your body the most?

Flared pants and wrap tops really compliment my body.

1-1563393727.jpg

What is the one piece of clothing that you shy away from wearing and why?

There’s nothing I shy away from wearing. I own whatever I wear and make sure I look my best.

Hamza Ali Abbasi and Naimal Khawar's nikkah in pictures

Some of the cutest moments from the actor's nikkah ceremony.

5d627fac699e9.jpg

Shaadi season is a go and the biggest celeb wedding of the year is here.

Hamza Ali Abbasi has tied the knot with artist Naimal Khawar Khan in a simple yet elegant nikkah ceremony.

Photographer Maha Wajahat Khan shared many moments from the happy occasion.

Like the lovely decor

And the happy couple of course
5d627a59708d4.jpg

**When it became official*
5d627a38eb8e0.jpg

This adorable moment

Seriously, just look at those smiles
5d627af02c1b0.jpg

Naimal Khawar wore Maheen Shah for the occasion
5d627cee760a5.jpg

Said the designer, "Naimal wanted to reuse her mother's bridal and we thought it'll surely make her look like a timeless bride. Playing with the vintage old world charm we paired it with a gold kamdaani kameez with gota and silma work on the front/back border, sleeves and the neckline. We added another organza dupatta with kamdaani chatta, finished with lace, lappa and taamba lace."

Atif Aslam and Ammara Hikmat made sure to drop by
5d627a7e3fae3.jpg

Gohar Rasheed also captured a moment
5d627ab41ffde.jpg

While the couple took their own snaps

Here's to the newlyweds
5d628002d37ed.jpg

502084_3396084_1_updates.jpg

Emerging model Nazish Jahangir after getting hauled into the turmoil pertaining to Mohsin Abbas Haider and his wife Fatima Sohail, who have presently engulfed the Pakistani media industry, came forth breaking her silence on talk of her being involved with the actor.

502084_3396084_1_updates.jpg

Emerging model Nazish Jahangir after getting hauled into the turmoil pertaining to Mohsin Abbas Haider and his wife Fatima Sohail, who have presently engulfed the Pakistani media industry, came forth breaking her silence on talk of her being involved with the actor.
More details?

Saba Qamar is not the only celebrity to get trolled for wearing what she likes

August 27, 2019

2043303-saba-1566907409-904-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: INSTAGRAM/SABA QAMAR

KARACHI: Actor Saba Qamar is unapologetic about almost everything, especially when it comes to riding against the wave. That obviously brings the Cheekh star under the radar for almost everything that she says, does, or wears, for that matter.

Saba recently shared a photo donning a seamless white gown with sky high heels. The chic look and bold photo-shoot went viral not only for its sheer glamour quotient but also because a number of people thought she was portraying the wrong image of Pakistan.

saba-qamar-ed-1-1566907025.jpg

PHOTO: INSTAGRAM/ALEEHASSANPHOTOGRAPHY

However, Saba is not the first woman to be judged and bashed for her fashion preferences. There have been several female celebrities who have been ridiculed publicly for expressing their style choices that seem to hit a nerve with the public.

Mahira Khan in the ‘backless dress’

mahira-ed-1566907285.jpg

PHOTO: TWITTER

We can’t forget the dating rumours about the Superstar darling and Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor. Apart from the criticism she received from smoking with the star, Mahira was also targeted for wearing a white, backless dress in reportedly leaked images.

Many Twitter users took o the social media platform to troll the actor for wearing a ‘short dress’ in the pictures and ‘ruining her decent image.’

mehwish-hayat-1566906854.jpg

PHOTO: FILE

Mehwish shocked social media when she came out to dance in Gangster Guriya, a song in the Meera jee starrer Baaji. Unfortunately, the star was also subject to immense trolling for her tough look. “A woman in control of herself and knows what she wants,” were the words of Mehwish in the tweet where she vividly shared the first look of her item number.

Mawra, Urwa are not alone in failing to display a sense of social awareness

Sadaf Kanwal’s ‘Maldives’ outfit

sadaf-kanwal-1566906485.png

PHOTO: INSTAGRAM/SADAF KANWAL

In the Pakistani modelling industry, it seems the bolder they are, the more susceptible they become to the keyboard warriors who condemn outfit choices. Sadaf is one, if not the most prominent of those defiant models criticised for her clothing choices.

Her holiday in the Maldives earlier in the year once again put her in the limelight, where she was seen in a contemporary outfit sporting high-waisted long pants and a midriff top. Yet, the model brushed it off by posting more pictures of her at the island escape.

“Society is becoming more liberal and women are driving this. This change is reflected in our fashion,” said Pakistani designer Asim Jofa in an interview with the Guardian. This still holds true for women who continue to challenge social norms and perceptions through their fashion choices.

Would you do your own makeup for your wedding? Naimal Khawar did

"I did my own hair and makeup because I wanted to keep it simple and minimal," she revealed in an Instagram post.

5d6a49fe4f33c.jpg

"I did my own hair and makeup because I wanted to keep it simple and minimal," she revealed in an Instagram post. --Photo courtesy: Maha Wajahat Khan

We all know that Naimal Khawar wore her mom's bridal outfit for her nikkah to Hamza Ali Abbasi but did you know that she also did her own makeup?

In an Instagram post, the former actor revealed that she got ready without the help of a hair stylist or makeup artist.

"I did my own hair and makeup because I wanted to keep it simple and minimal. Your wedding day is supposed to be a happy day that you can truly enjoy. It’s okay if you don’t to wear the heaviest jewellery and would rather keep it a little light. Your comfort and happiness is the most important thing!" she wrote.

Also talking a bit about nikkah ensemble, she said, "The moment I realised I’m getting married, I knew I wanted to wear my Amma’s nikkah jora. I have always been drawn to old world charm and the nazakat of bridal joras back in the day. There is also a certain emotional attachment that comes with wearing you mother’s jora."

She gave the designer who helped her revamp the outfit a shout-out: "Maheen Shah helped me alter it exactly the way I wanted it, preserving its delicacy and purity but also creating something that looks good on me. Having worn it, I can say it was easily the best decision I made."

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom