Pakistani members: Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMC

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
If you have some time to waste, please listen.

There are some Indians on wikipedia defacing the article on ISI by posting mere allegations as facts.

Inter-Services Intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please look at the following (published under 'India' heading):

ISI continues to train and support militants. Training camps are known to be operated by ISI to train militants

I change it but Indians (it's obvious they are Indians from their profiles) who have too much time just keep reverting it back. I have a discussion running on the discussion page of this article: Talk:Inter-Services Intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you have time, please make sure these parasites aren't able to constantly revert the edits back. Make sure you provide reasons for why you're editing, and in this case, you should state that these are allegations being presented as facts.

That just means there are more "Bharti's" that have time to do what you are doing. strength in numbers .. history is written by the victors.. gather more internet troops to change history . .cause otherwise people who don't know what really happened will believe what happened on the wikipedia battles.

these stupid idiots do it to almost every pakistani entry in wikipedia. and it just ends up in an edit war.

True, but there's plenty of them who have a lot of time in their hands, plus they are in larger numbers. I don't care that much about much about what they put on Pakistan on wikipedia as probably they're the only ones who ever read it (others who read it know that this information can be biased). But it's just something I want to clear up as it irks me slightly.

Wikipedia is infested by indians. These people are just too obsessed about Pakistanis. They always wish the worse for Pakistan. Pakistanis always keep our distance from indians, it's our bad luck that indians wont leave us alone.

Yes, they are Indians. Actually I should be clear. It's one person, and he's Indian.

Btw, just a couple of things.

US has never blamed us.
UK PM stated it clearly he is talking about individuals.
French President only stated when he was in India, not before, not after. Which shows how seriously he takes it. France is involved in Afghanistan, so if he took it more seriously, he'd say it more often.

Afghanistan is not our ally.

Finally, all that aside, blame itself is not enough. They're still allegations (blame = allegation), and they need to presented as such.

The "more troops=victory" thing won't work. An edit war will lead to the topic being write protected by admins

However lot's (much more) of Wikipedia admins are definitely Indians :devil:

Also, my OP might have been offensive to those Indians who do not get involved in this stuff, hence I edited it.

Yes, they are Indians. Actually I should be clear. It's one person, and he's Indian.

Btw, just a couple of things.

US has never blamed us.
UK PM stated it clearly he is talking about individuals.
French President only stated when he was in India, not before, not after. Which shows how seriously he takes it. France is involved in Afghanistan, so if he took it more seriously, he'd say it more often.

Afghanistan is not our ally.

Finally, all that aside, blame itself is not enough. They're still allegations (blame = allegation), and they need to presented as such.

I agree that it has been presented as facts and is not right. I usually ignore the statements which are waiting approval.
But it is not just Indians who hold this opinion. ISI is shown in bad light in the world media for quite some time now and there is good possibility of non Indian editors endorsing it.

WIKI Leaks claims ISI was confronted by Americans with evidence of its involvement in Kabul Indian embassy bombing.

just don't read wiki.....simple!

i prefer rupee news or TOI! :D

Actually you have made fun of TOI yourselves many times. Every time a Pakistani member references TOI, you laugh it off and now you prefer TOI all of a sudden?

I don't deny that Indian and some parts of western media have said this. The problem is that nonetheless, you should not and cannot present allegations as facts. As of now, there's no non-Indian editor making these reversions. If you read the discussion, this guy who is doing the reversion has problems showing these statements as allegations. He's bent on showing them as facts.

If you have some time to waste, please listen.

There are some Indians on wikipedia defacing the article on ISI by posting mere allegations as facts.

Inter-Services Intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please look at the following (published under 'India' heading):

I change it but Indians (it's obvious they are Indians from their profiles) who have too much time just keep reverting it back. I have a discussion running on the discussion page of this article: Talk:Inter-Services Intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you have time, please make sure these parasites aren't able to constantly revert the edits back. Make sure you provide reasons for why you're editing, and in this case, you should state that these are allegations being presented as facts.

Forget it, they're just going to win period. Wikipedia is a democracy of the interwebz losers. To them having their braggart lies presented as facts is much more important to their lives than you can imagine.

It's not about the truth it's about who can game the wikipedia system.

Reactions: SMC
^ True. Like I said, it doesn't bother me a great deal because

a) It will be mostly Indians who are into this stuff who will go and read that
b) Those who are going to read it will probably know that these types of articles can be biased.

But nevertheless, even if one person falls for this crap, their plan has worked.

The guy who is trolling the page himself admitted that truth doesn't matter on Wikipedia, as long as you can garner some half-decent source to support your claim. There's plenty of stuff in western media about ISI, so finding it isn't a problem. The funny thing is that even with the source that he provided, it leaves a lot to be desired since the source only provides word of mouth claims, i.e. ISI is doing this, ISI is doing that, without any solid evidence to support those claims. Then he says that he's presenting what the source is saying in a neutral manner, LOL. You can check this out on the discussion page link I provided in the OP.

He even had a claim that ISI was running 'hundreds of training' camps on the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom