What's new

Pakistani Japanese: The growing Pakistani population in Japan

I am half Japanese and half Punjabi. My mom is Japanese and my dad is Punjabi. My dads family is Hindu. Therefore they live in India. But, my grandparents and a few of my older uncles and aunts lived in Sargodha, Pakistan located in northwest Pakistan before the partition. My ancestors were goat farmers in Sargodha Pakistan for decades, perhaps centuries, for countless generations before they were uprooted by the partition. There are 90 million Punjabis in Pakistan and 30 million Punjabis in India.

My dad has Aryan features, such as deep-set eyes, small straight nose and round skull, but he has brown skin. My grandpa was six foot seven and two hundred plus pounds. I am six foot one.

Japan is a homogenous nation. Therefore the phenotype is consistent. India, Pakistan, and the Middle East are multiracial. Punjabi phenotype is not the same as Persian or Dravidian phenotypes.

I believe that race mixing results in an appearance that can often be random. Features of each race can be represented or unrepresented. And, certain times an entire race is unrepresented. I have met many half black people that look entirely black. I believe that North Indian, Pakistani, and Middle Eastern features are not typically dominant in race mixing. East Asian features may be more dominant than North Indian, Pakistani, and Middle Eastern features but are overall less dominant than other races such as African features in race mixing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am half Japanese and half Punjabi. My mom is Japanese and my dad is Punjabi. My dads family is Hindu. Therefore they live in India. But, my grandparents and a few of my older uncles and aunts lived in Sargodha, Pakistan located in northwest Pakistan before the partition. My ancestors were goat farmers in Sargodha Pakistan for decades, perhaps centuries, for countless generations before they were uprooted by the partition. There are 90 million Punjabis in Pakistan and 30 million Punjabis in India.

My dad has Aryan features, such as deep-set eyes, small straight nose and round skull, but he has brown skin. My grandpa was six foot seven and two hundred plus pounds. I am six foot one.

Japan is a homogenous nation. Therefore the phenotype is consistent. India, Pakistan, and the Middle East are multiracial. Punjabi phenotype is not the same as Persian or Dravidian phenotypes.

I believe that race mixing results in an appearance that can often be random. Features of each race can be represented or unrepresented. And, certain times an entire race is unrepresented. I have met many half black people that look entirely black. I believe that North Indian, Pakistani, and Middle Eastern features are not dominating in race mixing. East Asian features may be more dominant than North Indian, Pakistani, and Middle Eastern features but are overall less dominant than other races such as African features in race mixing.

ya u look like a pure East Asian indeed. No1 who had known that u are a mixed-race kid if u didnt say it.

Bruce lee:

bruce-lee1.jpg

Most people assume that I am mixed actually. Either the picture does not show this or you do not know what half Asians look like. Must be because of where I am from, where there are many hafus

Last edited:
Most people assume that I am mixed actually. Either the picture does not show this or you do not know what half Asians look like. Must be because of where I am from, where there are many hafus

perhaps u r right- because from where i am from, there are hardly mixed-race people because it is generally considered a social taboo amongst the local Chinese to marry outside your race and there are lotsa pejorative slangs given by the Chinese to these people- specially if the father is not a Chinese.

Pakistan's young labour force is a major attraction for Japanese companies in 2018

Amin Yusufzai 28, 2018

According to Japan External Trade Organisation (JETRO), Pakistan is rated as the top Asian country for Japanese companies for expected profits in 2018, plans for expansion of operations and hiring of the local labour force.

Minister of State and Chairman, Board of Investment (BOI), Naeem Y Zamindar, met Kazuyuki Yamazaki, Senior Deputy Foreign Minister of Japan. Matters of mutual interest came under discussion.

Chairman BOI informed Yamazaki that Pakistan is aiming for a 9 per cent economic growth rate by 2020 and there was a general consensus across the political spectrum in Pakistan on achieving sustained economic growth. He also echoed Price Waterhouse Coopers projection that Pakistan will be joining G-20 by 2030.

Yamazaki said that Pakistan-Japan relations have a long history. He remarked that given Pakistan’s low labour cost and large and young population, it represents an attractive environment for Japanese investors. He underscored that there was potential for mutual cooperation between Japan and Pakistan. It was agreed that the forthcoming High Level Economic Policy Dialogue provides a good platform to continue the conversation on how to realise this potential.

ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER AD

Minister of State also met with Yasushi Akahoshi, President of Japan External Trade Organisation (JETRO). Akahoshi apprised him of JETRO’s activities in promoting trade and investment cooperation between Japan and Pakistan and presented the results of JETRO survey of Japanese companies in Asia released this month.

In the survey, Pakistan was rated at the top in Asia by Japanese companies for expected profits in 2018, plans for expansion of operations and hiring of the local labour force. These results indicate high confidence of Japanese companies’ in future economic prospects of Pakistan and quality of labour force.

In a meeting with the Minister of State, Teruo Asada, Chairman of Pakistan Japan Bossiness Cooperation Committee and Chairman of Marubeni Corporation stressed the importance of continuing high-level engagement between the governments and businesses of the two countries and discussed the scheduling of the next round of Joint Government Business Dialogue later this year.

Earlier, Keiichiro Nakazawa, Director General South Asia of JICA also called on Chairman BOI. Senior management of Mitsui Corporation and Mitsubishi Corporation also met with the Chairman BOI to discuss the possibility of developing new project investment in Pakistan.

This article originally appeared on ProPakistani and has been reproduced with permission.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1392270

Back
Top Bottom