What's new

Pakistani & Indian Artillery

Currently IA has around 200 Bofers 155mm 39 caliber guns in service.

Under the Field Artillery Rationalization Plan, the army plans by 2020-25 on acquiring a mix of around 3,600 155mm/52 cal towed, wheeled and tracked guns....:)

Things are pretty even right now. If anything the PA has a slight edge. Having said that, by 2017-20 the advantage will well and truly be in the IA's favour.

Considering we will not invest a dime to increase our artillery till 2017-20- i agree with you-
Nice assessment- :rofl:-

pathetic tipic as well as discussion

yup it is pathetic- some thread on veena malik would be a highly discussable topic- :coffee:-

Considering we will not invest a dime to increase our artillery till 2017-20- i agree with you-

I'm not saying the PA won't invest a dime in arty till 2017-20 but the fact is India is always going to be able to outspend Pakistan. As such the IA's shopping list for arty totals in excess of $5BN USD for the next 4 years. There is simply no way Pakistan can match this, it is a cold hard fact. But given the resources the PA avalible it has been smart in strectching its budget and getting the most bang for its buck.

He does have a nice assessment considering that India will be investing much much more than Pakistan. The only reason Pakistan has a marginal advantage is because India has not invested till now for 2 decades in Artillery.

The fact is that from the 80s till now the IA has not inducted a single peice of arty so the advantage was handed over to the PA, now the arty procurement plans are set in stone and the IA is going all out to shore up this front, the IA will swing the pendulum back in its favour.

I'm not saying the PA won't invest a dime in arty till 2017-20 but the fact is India is always going to be able to outspend Pakistan. As such the IA's shopping list for arty totals in excess of $5BN USD for the next 4 years. There is simply no way Pakistan can match this, it is a cold hard fact. But given the resources the PA avalible it has been smart in strectching its budget and getting the most bang for its buck.

i am assuming by 2017-20 you think Pakistan will remain in such sorry state-
i am also assuming you also know that a defensive force only has to spend as much so her boundaries are safe- no there is never was a question of out spending you guys-
Allow me to assume you also know that by 2017-20 the indian military guns will be mostly pointing at china- so that pretty much damages the forecasted balance of vis vis artillery guns you claimed- :coffee:-

He does have a nice assessment considering that India will be investing much much more than Pakistan. The only reason Pakistan has a marginal advantage is because India has not invested till now for 2 decades in Artillery.

Considering you know why india did not invest on artillery-
i assume you know why there is a need now to invest more in this area-
God Bless China-

i am also assuming you also know that a defensive force only has to spend as much so her boundaries are safe- no there is never was a question of out spending you guys-
Allow me to assume you also know that by 2017-20 the indian military guns will be mostly pointing at china- so that pretty much damages the forecasted balance of vis vis artillery guns you claimed- :coffee:-

God Bless China-

jon bhai 777's are for china and the nos will increase as the other streanth like soldiers , infra and other things increase for pakistan border we will have the desi & foreign wheeeld and tracked arties along with the time tested bofors and russian guns dont worry we are prepairng for a two front war in future as they say think of the best and prepare for the worst

God Bless China-

Forgive me, i thought you actually knew what the force dispositions are and what is planned!
It is more than evident that you know next to nothing about what structure is planned for which Indian border.

By all means, continue to feel that Pakistan will be able to match even in mimimum deterrence - a concept that has to keep increasing with the increase in Indian military capability.

And just FYI: India leads Pakistan by a substantial margin in rocket artillery. India has compensated lack of tube arty with increases in this department.

Mate even if Pakistan grew at 10% for the next 4-5 years India would still have a huge lead in spending power. And I have to say I don't see things getting all that better for Pakistan in the next 4-5 years anyway.

Forgive me, i thought you actually knew what the force dispositions are and what is planned!
It is more than evident that you know next to nothing about what structure is planned for which Indian border.

By all means, continue to feel that Pakistan will be able to match even in mimimum deterrence - a concept that has to keep increasing with the increase in Indian military capability.

And just FYI: India leads Pakistan by a substantial margin in rocket artillery. India has compensated lack of tube arty with increases in this department.

i am not an expert by any means-
I assume you refute- that how it should be- :coffee:-

Artillery has always been a + point for us. 1965 war is a example of that. There's a saying in the Military about it, about the three As which won us the war. Pakistan Army will always keep this advantage alive. If we let Indians go ahead in this filed, we'll be in deep sh*t.

Last time I heard, Pakistan's artillery programs are going on well.

Artillery has always been a + point for us. 1965 war is a example of that. There's a saying in the Military about it, about the three As which won us the war. Pakistan Army will always keep this advantage alive. If we let Indians go ahead in this filed, we'll be in deep sh*t.

Last time I heard, Pakistan's artillery programs are going on well.

Pakistan has never won any war! Then again, the ability of the human mind to delude itself is truly remarkable!

Thanks for the replies and a special thanks to the guys who posted about things that only exist on paper!

Bang on, if you see it differently. We are almost matching them even when we have not bought anything after 86. Now we have multiple procurement going on and when they will materialize things will change. I accept Pakistan does get good bang for its bucks, but given the huge difference in spending of close to 1:5 minimum, lets be realistic.

Pakistan has never won any war! Then again, the ability of the human mind to delude itself is truly remarkable!

Thanks for the replies and a special thanks to the guys who posted about things that only exist on paper!

Sounds like I stepped on someone's tail. Anyways, I don't respond to childish posts. You don't have anything constructive, that's why you missed the point of my post and brought in a non-issue which I just used a historic reference.

you never won any war.Seems like brainwashed pakistani :omghaha:

Okay, anything else?

I am afraid you might not be right in this statement. I was also under the impression that Pakistan is not comparable to the Indian mighty forces. But I got to know a lot of things by reading the Autobiography of Ex. Prez. Gen. Pervez Musharraf. Their PMA, their Strategy classes, etc. and all.

In one of the para Gen. Musharraf categorically admitted that Pakistan was petrified when India concentrated all of its artillery near the border. This was around Kargil Conflict.

When it comes to Airforce, I think we might be quite behind the Pakistani Air Force. Just a guess.

I have the book with me and have read it can you please quote the paragraph or mention the page number where he wrote that as I seem to have missed it.
Otherwise dont b.s please.

Back
Top Bottom